18 months to fix a slight cross bite - Invisalign - California, CA

Went in a met with Super Elite Invisalign Dentist...

Went in a met with Super Elite Invisalign Dentist and said 18 months to fix a slight cross bite of lower canines and widen both upper and lower arch. Super happy. Talking to my regular dentist next Friday, during regular check up and cleaning, then off to get trays started. Disappointed that I will be in the trays for that long, but better off knowing that now and not finding out after I got started. My jaws are very narrow and have crowding. Dentist seems very sincere.
I have been looking into Invisalign for a few months and finally decided to go in a get a consultation. I am over 30 and really do not want ex-panders, or tracks, or metal of any kind.

18 months in aligners with opportunity for even...

18 months in aligners with opportunity for even more aligners after to "refine" the results. I spoke to two Invisalign Dentist and My regular dentist and My Current Orthodontist. I ended up going with braces. cost are pretty much the same. Invisalign, actually cheaper, few hundred dollars after you add in retainers. I will be paying $4750 for full braces, that includes everything...EVERYTHING. Was quoted $3250 for Invisalign and $500 for retainers for the set of 4. Second was quoted $3800 plus $200 for retainers (set of 4).

Came down to what 3 of the 4 professionals said, end result will be better. Invisalign is what I want to do, think that it is a great product, results are great, but 18 months of aligners, for me, is a long time. And refinements can add months or even a full year more of wearing aligners. So keeping my mouth closed for another 18-24 months with metal, the wearing hawleys retainers, will not be so bad. Good luck to everyone.

Went to Invisalign.com and typed in my area code. He is rated in the top 2% of all providers of Invisalign and has done over 1500 patients. Felt like he will do a good job, with plenty of experience.