Good Choice - Northbrook, IL

I have always wanted rhinoplasty. I inherited...

I have always wanted rhinoplasty.

I inherited quite a dorsal hump, & a bit of a bulbous tip from my father. The surgery was painless, I had absolutely no bruising, some swelling, and even though I'm early in recovery; I'm already pleased with my results.

I can't wait to see what my nose will look like when my swelling goes down.

Photo 1

Feeling a Little Blue.

I kept such optimism throughout my recovery- I hoped and hoped that the remaining bump left over after surgery was just swelling; however it is not.

I want to mention that I am still very happy with what I have now compared to what I had before, but I am not satisfied. Ever since I can remember I wanted a perfectly smooth profile; trust me growing up with a gigantic dorsal hump was not easy. I decided to undergo surgery to make myself more confident, and comfortable in my own skin. It is frustrating still having to deal with manipulating angles and hiding the central part of my face. Making the decision and coming up with the money to pay for rhinoplasty at only 20 years old and no additional help difficult and I was hoping that I would not have to undergo a second surgery. But hey, you can't always have what you want.

Dr. Gutowski moved to Michigan so I am now under the care of Dr. Epstein. I am scheduled to see him on Friday June 13th to discuss revision. These things happen sometimes. I'll update soon.
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gutowski is a great surgeon, and all an around great guy. He's thoughtful, helpful, and passionate about his work. I decided that it was time for me to fix my nose. I found Dr. G on realself and e-mailed him with details about my dorsal hump that I was interested in removing. I was extremely impressed that he called me at 8pm to speak about the details of what I wanted. After a few moments of discussion, I scheduled a consultation with him. When I came in for the consultation, I was greeted pleasantly by the staff, and taken in immediately by the doctor. We discussed my options and he used computer imaging to predict my results. We decided on an open rhinoplasty, in order to remove more dorsal hump, and to refine my tip a bit because it was bulbous. Two weeks before my surgery I managed to be ridiculously late for my re-op consultation and the office was so understanding. I came in an hour and a half late but everyone smiled and had no problem with my clumsy mistake. I was taken in by Marta for a peel and right after that I saw Dr. Gutowski. I can't get over how nice everyone is at that office. It's great haha. Anyway, Dr. Gutowski saw me and explained my risks, post op instructions, etc. They gave me written instructions, and even some tips for my family and I for the post op emotional recovery time. This office goes above & beyond to make sure their patients feel comfortable. When my surgery date came, I was nervous because I've never had surgery before. My nurse Erin took me in and got me ready for the surgery. I met with my anesthesiologist (who's name I forgot) and he answered all the questions I had. As soon as I laid on the operation table, the lights went out & I woke up after the whole thing was over. In the recovery room Erin was there when I woke up & let me see my family. Dr. Gutowski came in to see me after the surgery and explained my care instructions. I was given water & oatmeal, and relaxed for a few moments longer until it was time to go. Erin gave me her phone number to reach her at anytime in case i needed any questions or help. I don't think I ever felt in the dark about anything throughout my whole experience. I totally recommend Dr. G to anyone looking for a surgeon. He, as well as his staff treat their patients very well. He even replied to me on a Sunday afternoon to an e-mail that I sent to him during my recovery about my healing concerns. (Now that's dedication (: ) Erin also called me after the surgery asking if I was feeling okay, answering all of my questions. I totally recommend him.

Thanks for uploading your photo! I think your results are stunning.

Your profile is great. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the rhinoplasty  community.

Congrats. Would love to see ur photos.