Ruptured Silicone Breast Implants Causing Lung to Collapse - North Wales, UK

I had my implants removed in 2004 after having...

I had my implants removed in 2004 after having them in for 7 years at the age of 29 due to it repturing,my symtoms were lumps in my joints and extreem tierdness so after medical investigation confirming one had reptured they were removed.

I then had 2 further operation to remove lymth nodes from under my arm as they had filled with the silicone.In 2007 my lung collapsed on 3 occations so I needed a further operation called plurectomy,this was to fix the lining of my lung to my rib cage.I am not athletic.

I am 100% sure that all the health issues I have endured have been due to my implants.

oh goodness so sorry youve been though all this. I hope things are beginning to feel better for you now.
I had mine removed yesterday (PIPs) thankfully they were not ruptured, but it is a huge weight off my mind that they are gone.

My sister's implants ruptured (not PIPs thankfully) and were removed two years ago - she had similar complicaitons with silicone in her lymph and had to go back for a number of further proceedures to remove it. She is really fine now though and living a happy, implant free life.

do keep us posted on how you are getting on

I'm really sorry you've had to go through all that you have. Thank you for posting your experience with us here on RealSelf. Every story will help others going through something similar. I truly hope you're feeling better now!