Multi Color Cover Up Removal - Lakeland, FL

I have a 5year old, dense cover up (orig is 10yrs)...

I have a 5year old, dense cover up (orig is 10yrs) on my hip/stomach. It has been treated with TCA and the Medlite C6 twice two years ago. I didnt follow up with any more treatment becaused i moved back to the USA and honestly was too scared of the pain. I saw mostly fading of the black and dark purple to the point of the original tattoo not being visible. I'm sure I have layers of ink to go, and am so excited for the picosure to do the trick. I'm grateful for everyone's experiences as its kept me hopeful and eager to start treatment. I am a medical esthetician, so I'm hoping logging my journey will give the perspective from both angle's of practioner and patient ;) There are only a couple clinics here in Fl that have the pico, so I have to drive an hour, but I think it will be so worth it!!! I'm curious as to all the blistering with the pico and wondering if some are getting it worst because of oil based lotions post treatment??? Any thoughts???

After two tx's with Medlite C6

Some breaks in the outline

1st tx w/picosure

Just had first tx 1hr ago. It took 30 min, and I didn't need a break! I didn't use anything for pain besides the cool blower. It was Uncomfortable, but NOTHING like the pain with the Medlite C6. Left with a dressing over it and an ice pack still on. :)

Forgot...

Also, my setting was on a 2

Day 3

Healing nice! Zero blistering, just a lot of swelling and bruising. I can already see an overall even amount of fading:)

Day 5 post 1tx

The swelling is finally going down but as you can see, I'm very bruised. It's hard to tell the difference in my purple and the bruising. Also, last night I noticed very, very small blisters throughout. But they're so tiny that it's no biggy. The itch has also just started in...yay.

Another pic

Two weeks

update...overall fading, but more in blue, green and black shading. Some colors have actually changed shades I.e yellow to orange, purple to pink. They still faded, so no complaints. I've also discovered "layers" of ink. A lot of bits where black was is now the purpleish pink ink color. (I kind of remember my artist doing this during the process) also, I've noticed outside my blue (not directly on tattoo) I've had a bit of a rash. I guess my body has decided to become allergic. Oh well, at least it's fading. I have a few scabs on the darker bits of blue/black healing. Other than that all is well :)

Pics

Allergic reaction :(

Ok, I've been experiencing a horrific itching sensation ALL over my body!!! No rash, just occasional (come and go) hives and this insane itch....like I want to rip my skin off itch!!! I'm definitely having an allergic reaction to the ink on its way out. It's been going on for almost a week now and it's at night time and effecting mostly my torso. I know this can be a sign of liver toxicity so it makes sense but I feel like my skin is crawling. I'm starting on antihistamines tomorrow:( anyone else having this?? I did have a similar itchy phase with my other tx's but it's HORRIBLE with the pico...more ink leaving i guess=more itchy me :( :( :(

1mo post

Quick healed pick of blue

1mo post full

Looks brighter in photo than in person. It's more dull in real life (if that makes any sense).

Appointment scheduled!

Hi all, I'm going in for round two this fri 5/2. Yay! Will post pics pre and post then :)

NĂºmero dos

Just had #2 a few hours ago and the pain was horrible :( I know they adjusted the settings, but it was pretty intense. I had to break a number of times, so it took an hour this time. I've already got a few blisters ( which I've never had immediately) and typical swelling, etc. I opted to pay up front for 5tx's so I get 6th tx free and 20% off any additional after, but let's hope 6 does it because I'm not willing to pay any more!!! A blob it will be. One of the gals showed me her progress and she's had 5tx's and looks about done, just a very faint outline from her black remained. I would be happy with that!

Sleep

I'm so exhausted that I've slept a few hours and will be crashing again in a few min's for the night...it's only 9:30! I think my body was really in shock. Anyways I just peeled back the dressing for a quick pic.

MOTHER of BLISTERS

Look what I woke up to!!! This is inasane!!! It's on my lower stomach!!!!

Spelling oopsie...clumsy thumbs

*insane

Drippy drip drip

Hey guys, here's one for a laugh. So my blisters keep popping and refilling with a beautiful golden serum and since I'm wearing loose dresses, every time one drains it looks like pee running down my leg! Fun stuff :) lol

Skin tone!!!

Just starting to peel and look what's underneath!!! Let's hope it stays like this and doesn't go blue again.

Raised itchiness

Hello all, anyone experiencing hive like problems (when they itch) post treatment? I think I've nailed my itchy phase down to a skin disorder called dermatographia. I'll post pics tonight of what happens! Very bizarre and only started to happen since I've gone through laser tattoo removal. My skin literally will swell up in the shape of my scratch! Antihistamines are the only thing that help. Any ideas?

Hive writing

So I lightly scratched "hi" and I've got the swelling and itchy hive where I scratched! My skin is so weird!!!

Another

Starting swell up and itch a few min later

Post 2tx healed and faded

Hi all, I'm still experiencing the dermatographia but I've learned to deal with it. Just wanted to post some pics of post #2 all healed at 4 weeks and a bit. I'm all pastel colors now. Even the thick black lines are blue!

Schedule

Just booked appt for #3 for August 1st :)

Tx #3

Just got home from #3. They reduced my settings because of the blistering last tx, so today felt like a walk in the park! Seriously there is NO comparison. Thank you to Zoe (my tech) for getting me through this so quickly and as pain free as possible. I'll post pics throughout the next weeks to follow. Happy fading everyone! :)

Tx 3 day 2

Woke up to blisters but they're not painful like last time! They seemed to have drained during the night because I have wet spots all over my pj's. Eww lol

Healing

I had Pretty horrible blisters, but this tx I've experienced less negative effects than the others. I had less pain during tx, ZERO bruising (and I'm always purple) and now I'm starting to "scab", well if that's what you can even call it. Usually I get a pretty thick scab that sloughs off and literally peels off pretty thick (imagine Elmer's glue dried to your hand) and now it's more of like a light "crusting". The only different thing I've done post tx is use tea tree oil (neat) as an antiseptic to dry out my blisters and keep them clean. I was pretty impressed with it! I will def use it again!

Forgot

I did have a few blisters rip open prematurely (during sleep) and it's prob going to leave a scar...eek! They are the only bit that's truly scabbed over.

Update!

Been a while and thought I'd post a quick pic of post #3 at it's peak before i go in for another. I'm scheduled for #4 on the 14th of Nov. Still seeing fading :)

#4 yesterday

Had routine tx. Nothing to report besides a LOT of swelling today and usual huge blistering throughout. Will post pics later in the week :) They increased settings and used medlite on my yellow as well. Using tea tree oil on blisters.
Lakeland Dermatologic Surgeon

I was impressed that the staff showed me the progress of their own Pico treatments; it was nice to see in person. They were very patient and thorough during treatment as well which helped calm my nerves. Only annoying thing is front desk staff want you to call 45min before tx so they can turn on machines. I thought a confirmation call should have let them know that! *update- today I was offered a package which seemed to be pretty set in stone. They wouldn't budge or negotiate with a package price as some clinics do, however their price point isn't ridiculous so I went ahead with it.