29 Year Old Mom Taking Care of ME - North Charleston, SC

I hope by the end of all this I will be able to...

I hope by the end of all this I will be able to lose my spare tire look and feel more comfortable in my own body. I'm currently 5'8 and weigh just about 200lbs. My surgery is July 10 and just had my pre op appointment yesterday. I'm having a panni and circumferential liposuction. I had originally gone in wanting a tummy tuck but I am very comfortable in following the dr's suggestion!
I'm starting to get nervous, but I have an amazing husband who is taking time off work to help me out.
I will try upload some before pictures soon!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Good luck for your surgery, it will be here before you know it. I hope it all goes well and you have a smooth recovery. Please do keep us updated with your progress!

One day post op

So I had my surgery yesterday at 8am ET. I don't remember anything past my IV until I was at home in my recliner. I mean NOTHING.
I have one drain in. Right now 2 of the lipo incisions and bleeding/oozing a good amount so it was a long night changing the gauze and maxi pads I had put against them.
My pain level is tolerable with the meds. My back is the most painful thing from the lipo.i didn't even know he was going to do lipo on my back, I thought just love handles and abdomen, but I'm happy he did!
I don't have a binder on yet. That will go in at my post op appt on Tuesday. They want me to shower Saturday and remove all bandages. I will probably cover my incision with tape after that.
I'm rambling I know. My kids have been sweet bringing me flowers and occasional piece of toast.but my husband has been soooo helpful and supportive. He has dealt with all my bloody yucky stuff that makes me lightheaded.
Ok well I added a pic of before and about 4 hours after surgery. I know I will be swelling up soon like crazy but I want to get a pic right away. My scar is still covered though so I haven't seen the whole thing

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Dr Terranova is amazing! He let me know what to expect realistically. Wasn't just trying to earn a $. He has been calling my husband to check up on me and I feel like he really cares about his patients. Also his office staff is so sweet. The anesthialogist (sp?) put me in ease as I was so scared walking into that room.def recommend him to anyone. I'm one day post op right now