You Tell Me: I Am Going to Post Pictures As I Go with As Much Detail As Possible - North Carolina

I have had one peel at my dermatologist office for...

I have had one peel at my dermatologist office for $90 three weeks ago. Decided I can do this! Paid total of $28 plus shipping for 25% TCA and Neutralizer (separate sellers) on Amazon. Applied the first peel today and can tell you, it was a kicker compared to what the dermatologist gave me. The dermatologist said their peel was 30%...I question that given the difference with this 25%. Maybe it is just because this is my second peel. Will share the results as I go!

since yours was so much meaner than the one at the derm's, ikt could be bc it has a LOT to do with the pH level.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for posting several photos for us! How are things looking & feeling? Can you see changes?

I'm too freaked out to do peels at home. Were you scared something might go wrong, or did you feel pretty confident?

It is VERY easy to do a peel at home. The main thing is to read up about it and take your time. Also start with a low concentration and apply layers of the solution instead of using a very high powered solution the first time. I di one at home about a week ago using a 12.5 percent solution and layered over it maybe 3 times. I am soooooo pleased with the results. I will be doing another one in a few weeks, but overall I would say the difficulty level is very low. Just do some research first. :)
Lower percentage is not scary as higher percentage peels. If you have a feeling of burning in your skin, just wash it of with water. Diluting TCA solutions will lessen the effect.
i tryed a vary watered down 1 on hands its peeling but it way to slow been about a week still trying to peel thinking of doing it again what you think