Hoping for the Best! - North Carolina

Visited a local medical spa to evaluate my skin. I...

Visited a local medical spa to evaluate my skin. I am only 28 years old, but have tortured my skin over the years as a competetive outdoor athlete and beach bum. I have minimal acne scarring, a scar from stitches on my chin, sun damage, and melasma that came about after a birth control change.

A series of treatments were recommended- 3 ATF and 2 pixel. Already completed two ATF treatments. I saw a noticable improvement after the first, then a slight improvement after the 2nd.

I just had the first pixel on Monday evening. I was terrified to have it after reading several reviews, but it was not nearly as bad as expected. The numbing cream definitely helped (but you could tell which places were not quite as numb...make sure to get close to your hairline..ouch). After, it felt like a serious sunburn and I kept applying a washcloth soaked in ice water for the rest of the night. Yesterday I had to stay home from work...no way I was going out with a seriously RED face.

Today (right now about 48 hours later) the redness is improving and my face just feels very tight and dry. Flaking is starting and just looks like very dry skin. From further away, I just look like I've been in a tanning bed, but close up it's red, splotchy, and you can see the pixel dots. Will let you know after a few days if it turns out well!

Sona MedSpa

Hi schwanke22,

It's been a week, have you peeled and are healed and feeling great? We'd love to know how things are going and see pictures if you have them.

Thanks,