accent xl - treatment of cellulite -North Carolina

I have had 6 treatment with Sona Med Spa. I was...

I have had 6 treatment with Sona Med Spa. I was told I was a great candidate. I have seen absolute no results at all. I spent over $4000.00 for this (my bad) and have nothing to show for it. I am thin but just have some cellulite and loose skin (from age I guess - 45 years old). I was told i'm not seeing the results because I don't drink enough water. I spoke to a co-worker who is a Nurse Practitioner and also used to work for a plastic surgeon. According to her, my drinking water should not be the end all be all in whether or not I see results. I just find it really hard to believe that water is the "key" to seeing a result with this treatment. For as much money as it cost and the time and discomfort (burns sometimes) - I would think I should have seen "something". Bottom line.....didn't work for me on any level. I will say that I love the girls who did the treatments. Definitely liked the staff that I dealt with, just not happy with seeing not even a slight change.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

The did do the before pictures, etc. Also, I had three different technicians who all performed the treatment the exact same way. I actualy have spoken to two people who worked for this spa, one is a former employee and one works for the company at a different location. Both have told me that Accent is really only affective on the face and neck. Both girls have never seen really good results for anybody, any body type, etc when doing legs and buttock. Also, apparently they are told to lie to clients to get the sale...."whatever it takes". Even with laser hair removal. Most people know that it isn't very effective on people with blond hair or very dark skinned people. However they would insist the techs tell these clients anyway that it "would" work on them. Knowing that they would get complaints in the end....but it didn't matter as long as the manager had the sale. Very sad. You go to these places assuming that people are good natured and will be honest with you. Apparently not the case. From here on out I will stick to my plastic surgeon. I did speak to him after all this and he told me that there is nothing on the market that truly gets rid of cellulite. That is why he doesn't have the Accent....because he doesn't feel it works.

Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope you find support from our community.