Day 4 Tray 1 - North Brunswick, NJ

At the age of 51 I cannot believe I am now wearing...

At the age of 51 I cannot believe I am now wearing "braces" I have to be honest - the first 2 days were hellish. My dentist was very honest that she herself had a tough first 2 days. I am happy to say that day 4 I finally feel comfortable and excited to see the final results. Only 17.5 trays to go!

Day 8

Well I officially made it a week! Glad that I was patient and didn't give up. Much more comfortable now although I still have a noticeable lisp when I talk. The most difficult thing is planning eating and drinking such that I am only taking them out for 2 hours total.

Getting used to knobby smile

day 2 tray 2

Well I think I am finally getting the hang of this. The second set first 24 hours went much more smoothly than the first. Tried what everyone said and put the new set in right before bed. Woke up the next morning and was fine. Teeth are slightly tender when I chew but manageable.

I was also pleasantly surprised when a colleague mentioned that she didnt even know that I had gotten them yet. I had felt so self conscious that everyone around me heard my lisp and knew something was different when reality is I guess it isn't as noticeable as I had thought.

Still getting used to scheduling my eating meals/morning coffee so that I get in 20-22 hours. Most difficult in the morning since I am a teacher and am used to leisurely drinking my coffee all morning. Now I have to drink it fairly quickly and brush my teeth between my first and second class.

Still very worth it and am looking forward to the end results! :)
Tauk

Really glad to hear that encouragement.. Day 3 for me and im still getting used to it.And btw.. I am 53 :)
Hang in there. It really does get better!

Oh wow, you only have 18 trays total?! That seems pretty light - hooray!! Glad to hear you are starting to adjust.

I would love to hear what made you decide to take the leap and go for Invisalign. :)

18 sets of trays. I decided to do it now because I kept cracking teeth because I had a crossbite