Ceramic Braces on Top at 31 in Long Island - North Babylon, NY

I'm glad I went against what everyone was saying....

I'm glad I went against what everyone was saying. Your teeth are fine don't waste your money your smile is great what are you even complaining about. Being honest I didn't have anything to complain about per se but my overbite from sucking my finger as a kid didn't bother me but I said hey you have good dental coverage y not use it.

So the journey began at the worst location in Long Island. "Great expressions dental center" WHAT EVER YOU DO AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!! The worst
The dental assistant stabbed the roof of my mouth with a tool causing me to bleed. They were not properly trained gossip over me while doing the procedure. The dentist half ass did everything. 3-4 brackets broke off in 3 hrs after I went to go eat mashed potatoes. They then blamed me for what happened. I am a grown woman I can read and follow directions.

So I changed and went to a new orthodontist who does nothing but braces and jaw conditions. He is so specialized they don't even do cleanings. It's serious business. Great expressions told me it would take 2 years to correct my teeth. This new orthodontia told me I'm looking at 16 months tops.

Today I went in for my 2nd appt. He then tells me my teeth are looking great. I ask when do I do the rubber bands he says that I might not even need them. Whattttt that's amazing to me. My teeth have made wonderful progress in 2 moths it's crazy to me but I'm excited.

Only time will tell how long I will actually have to wear it all.
I have ceramic on top and regular metal on the bottom.
In pics and in person most ppl can't even tell I have them.

Pain wise. The 1st day was aweful. That night as I laid down my mouth began to feel like someone punched the hell out of me. Now each adjustment after that doesn't hurt just very minimum discomfort.

Ceramic braces picture update

Just wanted to show what has happened in literally two months. I might not even need rubber bands. Team excited
Dr. Scott Schwartz and Chris Paladino

Both orthodontist are kind caring they listen and are honest. I wish I found them from the start.

Way to go for finding someone better! I do see an improvement. I have similar braces to you, ceramic uppers, metal on bottom. Do you like that combo? I feel that the ceramic ones are larger than the metal ones and since they are white, it makes my teeth look yellow, so I kinda wish I had metal on top, too. Oh well. How do you feel about it?
I don't have teeth staining. Stay away from curry that turns your teeth for sure. I like the ceramic on top I don't notice the size differnce. Most people don't even notice that I even have them.
Excellent! Congrats for taking the plunge. I'm 39 and also decided to get braces. It's been 2 months and I can see the difference too.
I'm super excited. My mouth was hurting for the last few days and I've been annoyed by it but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Lol I told a guy at work when he talks my teeth hurts. Lol
Congratulations, and thank you for sharing with us here in the community!

The improvement in two months really is tremendous.  Are all of your teeth in both arches being pushed backward?  What's the treatment plan and what are the issues you're working on specifically?  I know you said you had an overbite from sucking your finger?  I think usually that causes an overjet or even an open bite?  But your case isn't severe enough that I can see clearly in the pictures :).

So excited for you, that you can get it done in less than two years!  I look forward to following your progress. :D