Works for 5 Days, then Whitening Vanishes - North Attleboro, MA

A lot of people talk about the pain. I had two...

A lot of people talk about the pain. I had two bottom pre-molars that zinged for about 20 hours after the procedure (but not during). The pain wasn't a huge deal, but the zingers definitely do occur randomly, less as time goes on the day you have it done. There was no pain the following day.

I don't have disgustingly dark teeth. I'd call them average. I don't smoke or drink coffee. The procedure resulted in about 2 shades whiter. That alone was not worth the price. After the procedure, my teeth were splotchy (noticeable at close distance) with uneven coloring. I was told this goes away after a week, and it does. So does the ENTIRE whitening effect. My teeth, now a week later, are EXACTLY the same shade they were before the procedure. I feel that Zoom is a borderline scam.

You are literally paying all this money for about a week of whitening. HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED.

Atwill Conroy

My regular dentist. No issues with them at all, except that this service was misrepresented as being effective, when it clearly was not.

I had the same negative experience as Greg24189 where my teeth were not in bad shape to begin with but only whitened up to 1-2x whiter than they normally are and then the whitening completely disappeared within a week. Not worth the $$.
My dentist told me that if the whitening effect would disappear after a few days I should contact them and come in for a check. The reason: something could have been wrong with the whitening paste mix. If that's the case they do the treatment again at no charge. Did you contact your dentist about this? My dentist also told me that the result right after the treatment will not hold. The final colour will be the colour you see about one to two weeks after the treatment. It is important to avoid eating any (dark) coloured food for 24 hours after the treatment. Simple to remember: avoid anything that stains white pants. Megan P's example of mustard and curry are two fine examples of a very long list of things you should avoid. Hope you get this sorted out with your dentist!
Pieter - well I have no intention of doing this again, even if it were free. I have confidence they did it right - the girl knew what she was doing and does this several times a day. I got the white splotchiness on my teeth for almost a week after so I know it worked - it just doesn't work long.

I can definitely understand why you wouldn't think it was worth it if the results were minimal to begin with, then completely gone after 2 weeks. Just to make sure we are getting the full scoop, did you adjust your diet after the whitening to avoid staining foods? Things you don't really even think about like mustard, curry, etc. can quickly  re-stain the teeth. :-/

Yes, per their instructions I ate only white or colorless foods/drinks. Don't smoke or anything that would cause discoloration after the treatment. As a side note, they gave me the NightWhite paste to use too and while it's great at irritating your gums, it had almost the same result as the whitening treatment - nice white for a couple days and then back to exactly they way they were before.

Wow, what a bummer. :-/