Liposuction Palooza

I'm having liposuction on my upper arms, back,...

I'm having liposuction on my upper arms, back, upper abdomen, inner/outer thighs, and knees. I had a tummy tuck done in 1999 and I have never regretted it. I have always hated my thighs and with constant weight change always going up and down, my thighs are a horrible mess. I have decided to have the fat taken out of my thighs permanently.

Now I just hope my calves dont get fat :) My upper arms are a total mess. No matter how much weight I lose, they are always fat. I could actually knock you down if I waved and you were standing 2 feet away from me. The doctor is going to lipo my arms, but there is no guarantee that I will get the skin to firm up. I might have to have surgery to remove the skin after the liposuction. I hope not because I dont like the scars I see that it leaves.

It's been a while so I'm sorry. I have good days...

It's been a while so I'm sorry. I have good days and bad days. Some days I feel so skinny and amazing, and then I feel huge the next day and question everything. Honestly, I havent watched what I eat, but I also havent gained any weight. The last 2 nights Ive slept nude without the compression garment. Oh how Ive missed sleeping nude. Well I have been suffering for the past 2 days because every area I had lipo on has hurt terribly. I'm talking hurt like I did 2 weeks after surgery. Oh, and get this....Having the lipo has pushed me into menopause. Yep, you heard me right....menopause. I thought I was crazy at first when every since I had the surgery I'd get severe hot flashes all through the day and even worse at night. I asked my doctor and he confirmed that yes it can happen and that you actually have hormones stored in your fat. So if they go in and mess with it, it can trigger the menopause. I'm only 47 and I knew it would eventually happen, but man I didnt think it would be anytime soon. I had a hysterectomy when I was 27, so I wasnt even sure I would ever know when it did hit me. The hot flashes are no joke :( Anyways, as far as my results from the lipo go, I am pretty satisfied. I fit a size 6/8...depending on my swelling. My thighs are what I'm most pleased with. They no longer rub together! They are lumpy, but I'm working on it. I do get a lymphatic massage every week for 30 minutes, but honestly I dont get anything out of it. My daughter says that the reason I'm so swollen is because I keep eating chinese food for lunch. I have to get back on my diet, but I havent had the willpower since I had the surgery.

Its been over a year now since Ive had the liposuction done. It was the biggest mistake of my life. I spent so much money to make myself look better and it didn't do that at all. I am bigger now than before I even had the liposuction. They say that the fat doesn't come back to the areas that have been done, but thats a complete un truth. I have had a flat stomach for over 13 years, but after the lipo I have a big pooch. The fat has all come back with a vengeance and also in areas that I never gained weight . The sensation of pain is still in my back and sides. This procedure has put me into a depression that still hasn't gone away. I am totally embarrassed because EVERYONE knows that I had it done and I look horrible. I would never ever suggest this procedure to anyone. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I'm simply telling the truth about what happened to me.
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Dr Schnarrs has done repair surgery on my breast after another docter did a horrible job also resulting in the implants falling. He has done excellent work on me and many of my friends. I have personally seen the work of this physician and I must say he is a skilled artist among other things. I had some serious issues with my breast and this doctor did miracles with what he had to re-do. I will be eternally grateful to him.

I am exactly the same time you are. 2months post op. Almost everything is still sore with me. I had a lot more done. Full back, under arms, full abs and inner thighs and back of neck. I think photos will really help. As sometimes I look down and think oh its not that great. Like to see thigh photos so can compare. I think I have now a bit of loose skin there. I do eat pretty good but no dramatic diet. I had a face lift a year ago and I don't want to lose any volume in my face. Most areas are still numb and sore. My sides all I want to do is itch and if I sit for long my back aches. My inner thighs drive me crazy. Very sensitive and sore. I never thought after 2 months I would fee this. I wear different garments. At night I have tried sleeping nude but my inner thighs touching hurt...oh well we chose this and I know in 6 months I will love it. But just a long journey. Would love to see your results. take care
Today I'm wondering why I'm still hurting so bad. My legs and back are still so sore. I do have fibromyalgia, but this is a different pain. Not feeling so skinny right now.
Ps take some pictures! It really helps give you perspective! I understand not seeing it in yourself (me too!) if you have been very private about it (as I have) you don't get much outside support. But let me tell you your real self friends will be a life saver. They have really helped me!
Thinking of you! How r u doing?
I had a lymphatic massage last night for 30 minutes. She worked entirely on my thighs because theyre so swollen. A lymphatic massage is so different from a regular massage. Absolutely no pain :) I still only wear workout wear as jeans are uncomfortable and look funny on me because my back and butt are even. It's like looking at a tree wearing jeans. No curve. As much as I hate my compression garments, theyre really my best friends. I hurt when I have it off . The compliments keep coming on how I look, but I just dont see it.
wow sounds like you are doing fab!! I am not sure what to do? Maybe just start working out then I would feel better. I am shrinking so that is good. I dont work so its hard for feedback...hmmm I had my first LDL massage and very nice. She said I should have it every 10 days for a while...
I had some really good days and then I crashed. I think its because I stand for 8.5 hours everyday. I'm fighting to get back to feeling good again. Your results are totally amazing! Your tummy is as flat as 20 year olds! I dont feel like Im shrinking in my upper body at all. My tummy has been pretty flat since I had a tummy tuck 13 years ago, but now it doesnt look flat. Plus my appetite is high. I hope this passes. Take care and keep making me smile with all your new photos :)
The last 3 days have been good. I'm pretty much back to my normal activities. Bending over is still hard, but it's getting better. I've had so many compliments the last few days. It's so nice to hear. I cant believe I can wear a size 6. By the time this all resolves I will most likely wear a 4. Totally amazing. Life is good :)
Been back to work for 2 days now and I get tired so easily. I stand all day long and I'm sure thats not helping my swelling. I've been procrastinating about going to get the lymphatic massages. I know I should, but I just dont want to. I am getting smaller, but still cant wear a pair of jeans. Its funny, but now my boobs appear to be smaller. Ive had huge boobs for so long, now I feel funny. I dont know whats going on.
Well Ladies, today was a good day. I went to my doctors appointment and everything is moving along great. My hemoglobin has come up to 10 which is great news. It means I'm almost normal :) My healing is progressing on schedule and my swelling is gradually going down. I'm going to schedule some lymphatic massages this week. I'm still very swollen and uncomfortable in my thighs and back area. I went shopping today and bought 2 skirts in a size 6 :) I cant believe it. I hope I look good this summer.
Oh then I wont buy anything from them. Its to bad that they are no good, Since here in Sweden I think its hard to get a hold of another good brand, it seems so much easier in The US, but Since Im going to Prague,and I Will get a garment from The hospital, i hope that one is good.....
So, I contacted Design Veronique today about my compression garment and the issues Ive had with it and basically they could care less. I paid $250 for a compression garment that is basically a piece of garbage. The top has never fit correctly right from the beginning. The arms which are supposed to go down atleast a few inches below the elbows (according to the pictures on their page) hit me 3/4" below elbow which cuts off my circulation unless I keep my arms completely straight down and not bend at all. The armpit area which should fit snug up around the side of my breast and into armpit is pulled an inch away from my skin. If I try to pull it into place, it pulls the sleeve up above the elbow cutting into my skin and cuts off the circulation. The stitching at the front crotch started to unravel at day three. I feel like I'm living in a suit built to live in hell. This is a size large and I wear a med/large. They measured me before ordering. Now Im being told that theres nothing they can do as it sounds too small and its been worn. Everything else fits except the arms and shoulder/armpit area. It is totally defective. I am beyond upset. I am going to make sure I tell everyone that has lipo on realself to not buy their products.
Do you have any updated photos? Excited to see!
Ive been too down to do any photos. Sorry.
So sorry to hear this darn garment problem. That is very expensive. I paid $100.00 usd and the doctor ordered it large. It has clasps in the front and a full back and goes under the breasts with to the knees. Can you talk with a manager, I would go to the top and not some pion sales telephone person. Dont let it go. usually MMH goes with their products with 100 percent replacement for sizes. If its wrong they ship the other size immediately and you have time to send the old one back even if its been worn. I had to do that and they were great.
The thing you use as a massager, is it something you buy at a store with pain for Walls? Like a roller that you use painting Walls with? Or did I missunderstand? :)
Yes, it is a paint roller with the spongy roll. It cost me a whole $5. It actually feels pretty good. I'm going to "try" and lay on my tummy and let my grandson roll it all over my legs. LOL. I'll let you know how it goes :) If you need me to send you a picture of the roller, let me know!
I'd like to say that I idolize my plastic surgeon, Dr. Schnarrs. Over the last 12 years he has listened to me and done exactly what Ive asked. He is amazing at what he does. Anybody in Hampton Roads needing plastic surgery should really check him out.
How are you feeling now? wow its a lot right. I really thought the first 3 days I couldn't take it and why did I do it?? Lots of depression. That's a lot you had removed. I had 4000CC also. I got a large CG with hooks that will take it down. They wrapped me in cotton and compression wraps under the garment. Also I have had 2 ultrasound massages and today they gave me some lipo cream called LBL plus K. The girls as the spa in Cancun said it works wonders. It sure sounds like your hemoglobin was too low but they checked it right? You have had a lot of fat removed. I am actually feeling better I think with the massages..Have to fly home on Sunday and hope I don't blow up too
Today is good. Ive actually been up and around for the last 3 days. I also have the large cg that has hooks and a zipper from Veronique. It cost me $250 and I hate it. It doesnt fit well in the shoulder and arm area. I actually went to Taylor & Taylor which is right here in Va. Beach and got another one in beige so that I could have one to wear while the other is drying all day. This one waas only $111 and I love it It's the one that has the legs just past the knees, the upper arms, and the crotch opening. When I want them to sew in the crotch, they'll do it for free. I do notice a difference in my shape. Still swollen and bruised, but I'm glad I can see where there's improvement. I'm hoping my size will go down to a 6. That would be wonderful! I went to Lowes with my husband and had to put on a pair of jeans. Still feel like humpty dumpty, but this too shall pass. I have been taking my iron, multi vitamin, and bromelain twice a day. I'm also chugging the protein shakes 3-4 times per day to help get my blood count up. I'm going to check into the lymphatic massages this week. My PS said not to do it right away because it hurts too much with no real benefits that early. He did tell me to go buy the mini paint roller with the sponge and roll downward on all the lipo areas. This not only helps to relieve some of the fluids, but it also help mend the layers back together that they suctioned in between. Funny thing watching my hubby while in Lowes try 2 different types on the backs of my legs to see which felt better. I think people might have thought we were kinky :) I hope your trip home goes fast and smooth. Please keep in touch.
Kinky lol! I can only picture y'all... I tried the baker pin, the one you use when flattening dough, it worked pretty good too. I think the paint roller will be good too. I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. You sound very upbeat! That's great!
wow I am going to get the paint roller. I have a flat stomach now but ripples and banding so need to slowly work the massage. Do you roll on skin or on top of your CG. Its been such a hard 2 weeks but feeling a bit better now. So glad you are feeling better...scarey eh!!
I really hope you feel better soon:( it sounds really hard to be that weak,
Thanks Nene88 I'm feeling reaaly good right now. I think I'm on the mend :)