Liposuction Palooza

I'm having liposuction on my upper arms, back,...

I'm having liposuction on my upper arms, back, upper abdomen, inner/outer thighs, and knees. I had a tummy tuck done in 1999 and I have never regretted it. I have always hated my thighs and with constant weight change always going up and down, my thighs are a horrible mess. I have decided to have the fat taken out of my thighs permanently.

Now I just hope my calves dont get fat :) My upper arms are a total mess. No matter how much weight I lose, they are always fat. I could actually knock you down if I waved and you were standing 2 feet away from me. The doctor is going to lipo my arms, but there is no guarantee that I will get the skin to firm up. I might have to have surgery to remove the skin after the liposuction. I hope not because I dont like the scars I see that it leaves.

It's been a while so I'm sorry. I have good days and bad days. Some days I feel so skinny and amazing, and then I feel huge the next day and question everything. Honestly, I havent watched what I eat, but I also havent gained any weight. The last 2 nights Ive slept nude without the compression garment. Oh how Ive missed sleeping nude. Well I have been suffering for the past 2 days because every area I had lipo on has hurt terribly. I'm talking hurt like I did 2 weeks after surgery. Oh, and get this....Having the lipo has pushed me into menopause. Yep, you heard me right....menopause. I thought I was crazy at first when every since I had the surgery I'd get severe hot flashes all through the day and even worse at night. I asked my doctor and he confirmed that yes it can happen and that you actually have hormones stored in your fat. So if they go in and mess with it, it can trigger the menopause. I'm only 47 and I knew it would eventually happen, but man I didnt think it would be anytime soon. I had a hysterectomy when I was 27, so I wasnt even sure I would ever know when it did hit me. The hot flashes are no joke :( Anyways, as far as my results from the lipo go, I am pretty satisfied. I fit a size 6/8...depending on my swelling. My thighs are what I'm most pleased with. They no longer rub together! They are lumpy, but I'm working on it. I do get a lymphatic massage every week for 30 minutes, but honestly I dont get anything out of it. My daughter says that the reason I'm so swollen is because I keep eating chinese food for lunch. I have to get back on my diet, but I havent had the willpower since I had the surgery.
Today I'm wondering why I'm still hurting so bad. My legs and back are still so sore. I do have fibromyalgia, but this is a different pain. Not feeling so skinny right now.
Ps take some pictures! It really helps give you perspective! I understand not seeing it in yourself (me too!) if you have been very private about it (as I have) you don't get much outside support. But let me tell you your real self friends will be a life saver. They have really helped me!

It's been a while so I'm sorry. I have good days...

I am exactly the same time you are. 2months post op. Almost everything is still sore with me. I had a lot more done. Full back, under arms, full abs and inner thighs and back of neck. I think photos will really help. As sometimes I look down and think oh its not that great. Like to see thigh photos so can compare. I think I have now a bit of loose skin there. I do eat pretty good but no dramatic diet. I had a face lift a year ago and I don't want to lose any volume in my face. Most areas are still numb and sore. My sides all I want to do is itch and if I sit for long my back aches. My inner thighs drive me crazy. Very sensitive and sore. I never thought after 2 months I would fee this. I wear different garments. At night I have tried sleeping nude but my inner thighs touching hurt...oh well we chose this and I know in 6 months I will love it. But just a long journey. Would love to see your results. take care

Its been over a year now since Ive had the liposuction done. It was the biggest mistake of my life. I spent so much money to make myself look better and it didn't do that at all. I am bigger now than before I even had the liposuction. They say that the fat doesn't come back to the areas that have been done, but thats a complete un truth. I have had a flat stomach for over 13 years, but after the lipo I have a big pooch. The fat has all come back with a vengeance and also in areas that I never gained weight . The sensation of pain is still in my back and sides. This procedure has put me into a depression that still hasn't gone away. I am totally embarrassed because EVERYONE knows that I had it done and I look horrible. I would never ever suggest this procedure to anyone. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I'm simply telling the truth about what happened to me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Dr Schnarrs has done repair surgery on my breast after another docter did a horrible job also resulting in the implants falling. He has done excellent work on me and many of my friends. I have personally seen the work of this physician and I must say he is a skilled artist among other things. I had some serious issues with my breast and this doctor did miracles with what he had to re-do. I will be eternally grateful to him.