No Results, Average Experience

I am Asian and have small pitted acne scars that I...

I am Asian and have small pitted acne scars that I wanted to improve using Fraxel. The cost was not too bad ($300 for cheeks) so I decided to give it a shot.

The experience itself is similar to getting small injections into your skin (or a slow "tattooing"...with not as many punctures obviously). The numbing cream is useful and the pain was fine.

The following 24 hours were pretty bad - my face was quite swollen and turned a bright red. To add to the color there was the standard Fraxel bumps all over your skin, meaning that even with concealer you can still see that your skin is undergoing major work. I took the next day off seeing as it was not possible to be seen in public. After a few days your skin flakes off a bit, but the redness stays for a while. The bumps remained on my skin for 3.5 weeks and still looks blotchy to this very day. I experienced a lot of breakouts following the procedure as well. I know it takes a few rounds of Fraxel to see results but I do not see anything at all and regret doing it.

Brazilia skincare in La Jolla, CA (in the UTC mall)