$4,800 POORER and I Look Exactly As I Did Before

I had the procedure the day before Thanksgiving 06...

I had the procedure the day before Thanksgiving 06. There is way to much BS involving my experiance to try and list it all here. However to make it short...had the surgery by a physician that had good reviews by another patient...went back ONE week later TO GET THE STITCHES OUT???...a person that was just learning how to take stitches out actually took mine out, well partially...within two weeks had red lines running up my legs and stitches hanging out of my head....thank GOD my husband had the sense to make me go to the emergancy room...had a staph infection....a potentially deadly blood infection...my incesions started spreading (did they take them out to soon? I don't know)...I now have awful scars behind my ears...THANK GOD its not as bad in front...this Thanksgiving it will be one year since my surgery. i AM $4,800 POORER & I look exactly as I did before...saggy neck and all....only now I do not have ear lobes...they are attached to my face bordered by nice little scars. ONE OF LSL SCAMS IS to have you hold your chin down when they take the before pictures...then hold your head higher for the after... the after are also taken just a few months after the surgery while your face is still swollen and tight!!! Oh by the way...never saw the doctor again after my surgery....he did not even make an appearence when I had my stitches taken out...and he is no longer in the NJ office.

7 1/2 years later Face is BIGGER on one side and mouth droops

It has been 7 1/2 years since my LSL In Little Falls NJ by Dr Sharma who moved to a Florida office soon after my procedure.
My face continues to droop more and more every year... expected with age (53) however my left side is fatter (bigger) & droops more so then the right side. My mouth droops excessively on that side also.
I was never happy with my procedure and had excess problems right after the procedure (refer to original post)
I wish I had saved and went to a reputable plastic surgeon instead of a LIFE STYLE LIFT dentist... veterinarian... Physicians assistant or whoever LSL used to hire and still hires

It has actually only been 6 1/2 years since procedure not 7 1/2

As stated in previous post.

I had my surgery 2 years ago and I'm still pleased with my results, sorry to read about bad results, and no I don't work for them either.
People really do ask if I was on vacation, that I look rested. Just as if you would tell someone they look tired. The laser was by far the worst part of the procedure. I have no regrets and am so I happy I went through with it!
Well said grace60!
Connie & Grace 60, you are both right. You absolutely get what you pay for. I hope people realize that no surgery should be based on an Infomercial or commercial. Researching just the doctor is not enough. My doctor had excellent credentials. I blame the entire results on the way the lift is performed. It was ousted in the 70's. It is an old and outdated way to perform a lift quickly, does not last because it does not address the underlying tissue of the face. Complaints of falling faces within a couple of months to 2 years is not unusual not to mention scars, infections, etc. Please people take the time to get a 2nd opinion from a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Realself has a doctors area here and most consults are free. Why take a chance. Also, please watch the following videos here at realself. Here is a link: http://www.realself.com/forum/lifestyle-lift-investigation-video
AGREED! 6 years later - just scars and pain, and lopsided face remain. Years from now I think LSL will be a case study in Medical Scams, like the old old ads selling tape worms as a modern method for weight loss from the 1920's.
YEP!.
I was reading your update and I completely agree with you. I wish I had more information at the time that I had my lift done. Present day, there is no reason why a woman would rush into this type of surgery without getting more than one opinion. I am surprised that they have not been put out of business. I have noticed that they have had to change their advertising again after being sued by the Attorney General in Florida plus compensation to some women there. Wish Georgia would do something...
I could not be happier with mine from LSL. I had the Face and Neck Lift and Co2 laser treatment.
Oh be the way, when my 1st pictures were taken, they took them with my chin up and my chin down.....So the before and after shots would show the results... just saying.
How long did it take you to feel comfortable going in public --- Did you tell all your friends??
I am having face/neck lift, upper lids, and Co2 Laser treatment. I go tomorrow AM
I told my friends and family and the ones who didn't get told tell me I look so rested and refreshed--which I do!! It was the best money I've spent in a long time!!
Call me if you need anything, I'm in Chicago this week!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I don't work for LSL and I had the surgery personally. Thank you for questioning my integrity, would you like to insult my mother too, just for fun? The vast majority of people who have plastic surgery don't tell ANYONE let alone post it on a public website, but I would think a lot of competing plastic surgeons would be snarky--and they are. People with an axe to grind will post everywhere they possibly can. You can't make everyone happy.
Hmmmm!!! could be....I continue to say....wait for a year to two years and see how you feel then....hope you'll post if unhappy.
About 6-7 wks. after LSL and 4-6 weeks after lazer...
Oh I am so sorry. I didn't not mean to insult you. I had talked with you in the phone a couple of days before my surgery. I just noticed your beautiful check bones, your picture "before" didn't show them off... I am soooo sorry.... I had my lift done as well at LSL
I'm sorry too--I overreacted and I apologize. It's been a long grueling week and it's only Tuesday. Forgive me?
You bet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay I am 3 days out. They could not have been nicer. The all over laser seems to me the worse for me. My husband says all my incisions look really good. It took longer than we expected (about an hour and half) no idea why. I did not feel much. I did feel several shots at the end that I think were used to help with the laser. My husband said if he hadn't seen my writing he wouldn't have known it was me. The second day both my eyes were swollen shut I could not see --- That was scary. I was doing the ice packs, but I was using towels, and cold was not getting to the areas to help with the swelling, as soon as I got the ice pack done correctly things improved a lot. I had the thick bandage on for 72 hours and now I am with the flesh color bandage. I am impatient to see what I will look like, but for my husband to say how great the incisions look that makes me feel better. I will keep you posted as things progress. Only on the Percocet for 2 1/2 days taking max that they recommend. Now Today Friday -- 72 hours after surgery I have only taken 2 acetaminophen -- so I think that is great. I have had no trouble sleep upright which was a big concern. All in All so far I have NO complaints. I will however keep you all informed as I know how important all your input was to me. I am sooooo glad it is over. Didn't Take the anxiety medicine, or either nausea medicine other than the morning of the procedures when they gave it to me. I have been diligent with the anaphor that they recommend.
Those were my exact thoughts as well, so you're not alone.
The same thought crossed my mind, too. You're wise to question.
It would be helpful if your old face pics compared to your new face pics were identical in posing. Instead, you're smiling in after surgical pics, and not in pre-op pics.
these people who think this was wonderful either work for them or have no feelings at all. 98% of all LSL patients are unhappy, scarred for life and in torturous pain and will be for the rest of their life due to nerve damage. Glad your so happy with your job, but I garentee u won't be in a couple of years when u look exactly the same as u did or worse. Good luck. Hope u have the nerve to tell us all in 2 years what a mistake u made.