Tummy Tuck - 25, 5'4 165lbs... - New Jersey, NJ

I'm 25, 5'4 165lbs... Since I was about 18 I've...

I'm 25, 5'4 165lbs... Since I was about 18 I've been 135, I got pregnant at 22 ending my pregnancy 170.. a year later was 150 and found out I was pregnant again (not planned) my second pregnancy I was all the way at 190 I am now 4 months post partum and haven't been able get less then 165lbs even with diet and exercise..... I have this fat above my C-section scar I've never had before :( ....

I was always unhappy with my belly&arms even before pregnancy.. I was a FULL tummy tuck w lipo on love handles / lipo in arms / lipo in my back aka back fat aka wings lol... I do plan on losing AT LEAST 15lbs before surgery

I'm looking for a doctor not based on price BUT within my price range, I'm sure there are some great doctors out there who don't charge as much as other great doctors... is anyone familiar with doctors in NJ/NY (Manhattan area) who are great & a little less priced then the rest??

Also any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to the community.  Make sure to have at least 3 consults before deciding on a doctor.  Keep doing your research and take your time.  I know you are excited to get this done but be patient.  Also keep up the good work with the weight loss and exercise.  Being close to your ideal weight will really help achieve ultimate results.

doing my research on doctors, advice!???

Ok, so I emailed a few Drs the pictures I have up and so far an favoring Dr. Sanjay Lalla..... I've decided I want a BBL as well... so that would be arms, tummy tuck w "love handles" and back fat with the fat injected into my butt :) I have already lost some weight trying to get to a pre surgery weight of 140... I also have a consultation with Dr Nachman Rosenfeld... but I haven't seen any reviews about him doing any BBL..... also emailed pics to DR Joseph Capella and he was telling me he didn't think my arms or back needed to be touch which I TOTALLY disagree..... anyone ever deal with any of the 3 doctors I named???

At the ASPS conference this month, many of the surgeons have reported failures with BBL. The infection rate and death of the fat is too great. And you really have to inject 800cc into each cheek to get a decent result, which is not a long lasting result at that.
Dr. Capella did my tummy tuck and mons lift in April. I am going back to him in October for multiple surgeries. Then I plan to do one final surgery for face/neck lift and breast implants. He is the top plastic surgeon for massive weight loss patients. My TT is amazing; I've lost 18 inches and went from a size 14 to size 8. I cannot wait to complete the next round.
Looking at your photos it looks like you need a lower body lift. I believe Dr. Capella charges $10k for that. The LBL will correct the deformities of the back, too.

consultation

Hello all, so ive had consultations through email with Dr Sanjay Lalla, Dr Mark Filstein & Dr Capella,,, they were all pretty close in price but I chose to have my in person consultation with Dr Lalla because I have read reviews of people getting tummy tucks with Dr Capella then getting crazy hospital bills, and because Dr Filstein does not have before and after pictures on his website, so I will go to Dr. Lalla and see how I like him when I meet him.... I am not going to get a BBL because I don't think there Is anyway I will be able to sleep on my side for 2 weeks and honestly my butt is getting a lot more firm doing squats at home... I do want the TT, arm lipo, along with back lipo (under bra) and inner & outer thigh lipo.... so on Oct 8th I will see what he says :)

My body looks exactly like yours! What were the prices the doctors quoted?
I have them written down somewhere but cannot find them ... anyway Dr Capella quoted me for TT with lipo to love handles... lipo on arms.. and lipo on thighs for about 9500 -- Dr Lalla gave me quote for lipo on arms, TT w love handles, lipo of bra roll fat, & BBL for 10500, and Dr Filstein gave me the quote for lipo on arms, TT w love handles, lipo of bra roll fat, & BBL for about 9500
these are not exact prices give or take about 100 or 200 when I find the quotes laying around wherever they may be I will let you know :)

Looking into a new doctor

Ok so I came across Dr Joseph Saunders website and I must say WOW.. the before and after pics are amazing. Has anyone been to this Dr?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

saw dr jonathan saunders today

So i made a 2hour drive to delaware met tye doctor and paid for my surgery with the coordinator before leaving.... I will only be getting a tummy tuck with lipo to my outer thighs. .. he said lipo of the arms and back would be a waste of money.. im happy for his honesty but dissapointed because i have always hated my arms and recently developed this back fat thst I wish could be gone as well -- but hes tue expert so i will listen! So happy I paid for the surgery in full and now have to pay the hospital

Good luck with your surgery. Sounds like you have done your research and that's the important part.
Thanks alot!!
Congrats on finding a surgeon and booking your surgery. I am not familiar with this surgeon but I will check his website. When is your date? What is he charging for the TT including hospital fees?

change in date

so I moved my TT date up to Jan 27 2014 that was the soonest date he had, time to figure out what I am going to tell my job of why I need to take 2 weeks off (we are a very small office of 4 people and pretty close but I do not want to tell everyone I'm getting a tummy tuck) any ideas??

Also when I called to change my apt date I also told the coordinator I changed my mind about lipo to the thighs so it was awesome that the hospital price went down I didn't expect that but I guess you pay for how many hours you are in the OR

Anyone feel free to give me ideas and advice ANDDD what I could possibly tell my boss to take 2 weeks off

Good luck dear! MSG me if you have questions :-)
thanks a lot! any advice you feel is not out there in the open feel free to share with me, of course I've read a lot online but theres always those few things no one mentions lol

Wish it was sooner

Now that I have the procedure scheduled I just wish it would happen sooner lol. The reason I changed my TT surgery from Feb to Jan is because I wanted to be able to look cute for Valentines day lol but I will only be 20 days post op -- any advice on how swelling is around 20 days?

BTW the girl Stacy I scheduled my surgery with is super nice, she has a great personality and enjoyable to speak with so I'm very happy that not only the surgeon is great but his coordinator is as well

i tell ya, dr Jonathan is very hearty and cheerful in his emails, i cant wait to meet him in person. are you having lipo of the flanks as well. while some doctors i sent photos to tagged my case COMPLICATED, he was so reassuring and i believe in his wok!

3 months

3 months before TT can't wait... i hope I have dramatic results

I'm just seeing your post regarding taking off for 2 weeks. I applied for FMLA.
The FMLA is for companies with employees of 50 or more and it is also unpaid unfortunately.. it's pretty much just job security if you have to take off of work for a while -- I just started my job in Aug but I do get 1 week paid vacation and 5 paid sick days so that is what I will do for pay I am just feeling a little awkward about what to say when my employer asks why lol
TELL them you are getting a muscle repair which stretched during pregnancy and is causing you back pain. lol

Back to the gym

I use to work out frequently, I had issues with my pregnancy and stopped working out over a year ago when I found out about those issues, I haven't been back to the gym since - My husband is going to train me 3x a week so I can lose some weight before surgery, yesterday was my first day back at the gym and it was awful I was so self conscious of myself I just cant wait to get this done and over with I never use to feel this way !

same here hon, i have been running 30 morning every day for close to three weeks, the numbers are dropping slowly. sometimes, i feel so self conscious and l just want to give up but then i remember i have to stay healthy especially with the upcoming surgery. stay focused!
Ugh you are right I just have to focus! It's hard with 2 small kids but I'll have to do it!

How to change doctor/thank pages?

I keep getting emails all day long to "thank" pages, how do I even do that?

ALSO does anyone know how to edit my DR? everytime I go to "edit" I am not able to have my DR's picture appear and put in his info

i tried finding dr jonathan's review page here and it keeps displaying error. maybe you can try from your end? other doctors pages are opening. i have opened it a hundred times over but since last week, it has refused to open.
You are right it isn't opening.. that is weird! Maybe it's a glitch I'll try again later... i am doing OK I haven't had the best 2 weeks with a death in family and then being in the hospital with a bacterial infection in my stomach that the Dr believes i got from my gallbladder surgery 6 months ago which makes me nervous for surgery that they are opening up my stomach again ... i have been eating good working out and some how I end up gaining weight I think it's def something hormonal bc there's no way i should be gaining weight .. unfortunately I do not have health insurance and can't afford to get a bunch of blood work and testing done with this on going weight issue... i would rly like to get some answers before surgery :(
hey, how are you keeping?

41 days left to go

Hello All,
I am pretty disappointed in myself, instead of losing weight I have actually gained a few pounds; I really need to get up earlier in the morning and get my ass in the gym for an hour a day - I know I will not have the desired results since I am already 35lbs over my before pregnancy weight- id be happy losing 20 but that seems pretty difficult to do it healthy in 41 days; but I will try-

Anyway I just told my boss I will need to take Jan 27th-Feb10th off work; does that seem like enough time? My job mostly consist of sitting at a desk and getting up to pick things off the printer

Any tips on garments would be appreciated since I should by those within the next month

Thanks all

22 days!

wow it seems like time is flying, I don't get very excited about things until the day before or day of but since I have my phone interview with the hospital, and pre-op next week it is starting to feel more real...

anyway im very disappointed in myself, I started going to the gym and then just stopped,, I haven't lost a pound -- I am going to force myself to get up tomorrow morning and start going until my surgery, I would really like to lose 10lbs, I hope I can do that in the next 22days..

As for compression garments, does anyone think this one is a good one??

they look pretty much the same, I just know ill want something that zippers ... any ideas on good ones??

hey you. 22 days to go. it;ll be here before you know it. its good that you are buying the compression garment now. at 2 weeks post op when he asked me to wear other compression garments, i started to look for and what i got i didn't quite like. i am now back to using the one i used prior to surgery. lol. wish you all the best
I just saw this! thank you, any advice on what compression garmet to get?

Had pre-op appointment today

Hi all, I had my pre-op appointment a few hours ago.. it went fast... I drove an hour and 40 min to talk to the doctor for 5 min lol... he came in and asked if I had any questions.. I didn't have any he kept asking are you sure there isn't anything u want to ask? lol but after reading on here I think I have all my questions answered -- he prescribed me my pain meds, took a front view and side view of my belly and I was on my way -- all I have to do now is get my blood work done and buy a compression garment and im all set

You're getting so close now! Good luck! I remember my excitement before my TT. I booked it and had it the very next week -- I was so lucky that the surgeon had an opening like that. I did the same thing with my face lift. It works better for me because I don't have all that time to grow anxious! I went through hell before my second stage body contouring, which I scheduled 3-months in advance.
You are lucky! I wish i could have done it a week later.. when i first booked it i wanted it for feb.. a few days later i called and said actually can i make it sooner.. like alot sooner.. they said sorry the next date is jan 27th.. that was months ago but luckily time flew by but now that i only Have 13 days it will prob feel like forever lol
His surgery calendar was filled 3-mos out? Wow. Oh, the next 13 days will fly by!!!

1 more week!!!

The past few weeks I have been going to the gym just about every morning, eating protein shakes for breakfast and healthy through out the day.. so far no change in weight, I have no idea why.. I think I am having hormonal issues... anyway I have to get a blood work done, its just a blood count and I have not done that yet, hopefully I will get to it tomorrow; I am nervous though because I have been sick and if my white blood count is off will they postpone surgery?

I hope not :(

Good luck! I do not think they postpone surgery for an elevated WBC. Do you have a. Fever over 100? They might postpone it for that. The day before my surgery my temp was 99.x and I was sick. So I are and entire bottle of gummy Vit C and felt great the next morning.
No fever just everyone in my.house had the flu.. had blood work done yesterday so i guess if there are any problems my dr will call me by friday.. i have been super tired & thinking maybe my.iron is low...but then i thoughts its prob just the fact of a 9month old and toddler.lol
Good, good!!! I am getting excited for you!!! Wow, a 9-mos old, toddler, and a tummy tuck. I was so yearning to lift my granddaughter after my TT. When I finally was allowed to lift her, she told me, "See it's not so bad." LOL

3 more days.. negative thoughts are starting to.kick in.. help!!!

On monday morning at 6am i will be arriving in a delaware hospital (an hour in a half away) and at 8am surgery will begin... i just took 3 before pictures of my belly sitting down.. leaning over.. and looking down at my belly.. i will post those when i get my drains out and side by side of my new belly in the same positions..... so i am finally starting to get negative feelings... most negative feelings ive read are things like "did i spend too much money on myself? ...well that is not me...i financed 4000 which i am paying interest free 300$ a month and i know i'm worth 300 a month.... the other things i read are fears of death.. im not fearing that...i know i will he in pain but thats obviously expected.... my thoughts consist more of "maybe i could have lost this with exercise and i wouldnt have even needed the surgery" and also "what if there isnt a big change" .. my husband just looked at me and said "i dont even know why you are getting this done its not even going to make a difference" and i got upset thinking what if it really doesnt? But i just feel so insecure.. i cant even have sex with my husband without trying to cover my saggy lose belly... i guess the before and after pictures will be the only ways to either confirm my fears or prove them wrong.. about 2 more weeks for that!

TRUST ME SWEETHEART. IT SURE COUNTS. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE I TELL YOU AFTER TT. EVEN YOUR HUSBAND WILL TELL YOU AT SOME POINT. MY HUBBY KEPT TELLING ME BEFORE I DID IT THAT I REALLY DIDNT NEED IT. IMAGINE, I LOOKED 8 MONTHS PREGGERS AND THE DUD SAID I DIDNT NEED IT. LOL. ANYWAY, NEVER MIND THE FEARS, EVEN I HAD NIGHT MARES BUT JUST THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND YOU WILL BE OKAY. DR SAUNDERS ONLY SPENT 2 HOURS IN SURGERY WITH ME. HE KNOWS HIS ONIONS. YOU ARE IN GOOF HANDS. COMIT EVERYTHING TO GOD AND YOU WILL BE FINE. GOOD LUCK HUN AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR POST OP PICS. WINK*
well I am so happy I followed your page is had prob made the biggest impression on me out of everyone's bc we have been conversing about the same.surgeon which helps me alot to see ur AMAzING transformation.. I cant wait to make a side my.side comparrison of myself
oh, that's so sweet to hear. i tell you its more real when you talk to someone who had surgery by your chosen doctor. i remember messaging quite a few of dr saunders patients. it sure helped me and i am glad i helped too. you in turn will help some one. so! go get em...

surgery tomorrow. . what will I need!?!?

so surgery is tomorrow at 8am.. I will be staying at the hospital all day and leaving the next day.. any thing I should bring to the hospital with me? any special types of food to have for when I get home from the hospital? any special pills to help with going to the bathroom that are safe to take after surgery? any tips would be greatly appreciated

I did it!!

I did it.. im laying here in the hospital bed dying to get a look at my stomache... it hurts so bad I have to pee and I cannot even imagine trying to get up... in very upset with whatever nurse I have right now I had to take my finger monitor off just to get someone to come in its been hours and I couldn't find the push for help button... its now been hours again and the nurse is no where to be found.

yehhhhh! you did it! thank God. i am so happy for you. cant wait to see pics too. the nurses there could be slow at times. i had to call out a few times. are you at wilmington hospital or christiana?
wilmington... had surgery at 8an abd I JUST got pain meds now at almost 6pm and got up to pee was left in the bathroom.. im very dissapointed in these nurses.. only reason I even got pain meds and crackers is because I had to ask.. then I had to vomit and kept pressing the button over and over and the nurse didnt come 10 min later I had already vomited on myself

pics of my new belly

yesterday I had my tummy tuck. he must have done some hard core muscle repair bc I can barely breathe.. I.am very happy w the results so far.. not so happy w the hospital.. I will post more when I am feeling better and ill make some side by side before and after pics when my drains are out

Congrats on a successful surgery! You must feel pretty good to post. I could not have done that after my tummy tuck. I was shocked at how much pain I woke up in, plus I had a hard time with the anesthesia. I wish you good healing!
Yes the first few months are hard feels so tight it gets better I thought I was going to be like that for ever lol or at least it felt like forever lol its been 3 months for me and so much better ever day just take your time don't over do it
thanks! ill def be trying to take it easy :)

2days post tt.. worried about drains

had my tt Monday morning it is now wed.. my drains Haven't been draining much. . from 10pm to 9am was a little less then 25cc is that normal? also I was unsure on how often I should change mg dressing I wasnt given much to go home with should I go buy some? .... I am feeling alot better ive been making it up and down thw stairs when I have to.. i hate these drains they burn I hlpe I can get them out 6zooner then 2 weeks

I am feeling a lot better but yesterday was hell lol I am able to stand straight but I havent been since I dont no if it could affect it bit im getting around the house pretty good this back pain is just a killer
Oh I could not stand straight for weeks. My surgeon pulled me very tight. Love that. My abdo is so tight!

going a little crazy!!

ok so ive been home since tuesday afternoon it is now Thurs and im starting to get a lil crazy lol im so bored.. my husband must be so sick of me calling and txting him all day to do stuff for me... i dont need any more pain meds getting in and out of bed isnt really an issue anymore though it still hurts it doesnt hurt enough to be taking meds... the worst part of it is the back pain from walking hunched over.. I feel like im gonna pass out sometimes!!! my husband bought me a cane and it helps a little... I feel DISGUSTING I have not showered since sunday night and since I wont be getting my drains moved for another week im gonna have my husband go buy a new shower head tomorrow so I can sit in there on the shower stool and hold the shower head to not get my incision wet.. I honestly haven't even really looked at it I change the dressing 1x a day and thats it.. I wasnt really given post op instuctions besides to take my binder off every 4 hours for about 15 min and to empty my drains 3x a day.. any post op tips would be appreciated

hang in there, it only gets better from where you are! you look great!
thank you!! it better get better!! lol
hiya. i didnt change the tape on my scar untill it started coming off and that's like day 10 or so. find out if you need to be changing it everyday. or do you mean the dressing on your bb? he took mine off at i week

forgot to post this pic yesterday

can anyone let me know if my belly button looks normally? still has stiches and blood but how should I be cleaning it? just took the tape off today its making me so itchy I cant wait till its all off

You're going to have an awesome belly button
Welcome luv

my follow up apt was suppose to he for.today but due to all the snow that was not possible.. it is now for tomorrow.. then my next apt after that is for next monday to get my drains out which sucks because i was due to go back to work that day now I will have to call my job this week and let them know I cant come in until next Tuesday im sure they are not happy with all the days off..

ive uploaded a picture of my new technique to shower and also took all the tape off my inciscion due to the alergic reaction I was having

You look great! I can't believe ur PS didn't give you post op instructions! Everyone has different drainage but once it falls below 25cc in 24 hours then drains can be removed.
thank u! I wanna post more pics but im so swollen lol ill wait till it goes down.. I got my drains out today :) thank godd!!
thank u! I hatttteddddd the one I use to have.. it was so deep lol

drains out!!

I had an appointment to get my drains out in 3 days but the past 3 days they have been causing me so much pain that I could barely get up or sit down without wanting to cry lol I thought they may be infected so I called the office and they said come in .. I drove 2 hours to the office for i to be closed!!! thank god I got the nurse as she was walking out and explained I drove far and I think my drains are infected so thank god she invited me in and took a look. . she said it wasn't Infected and took the drains out since I was barely draining I felt better instantly it felt so weird like snakes were being pulled from me lol.. hopefully the holes will close soon

glad you are feeling better!
yay for getting drains out, feels soooo good! makes a world of a difference.

drain site still leaking

as you can see in the pictures my left drain site is closing well with the insicion around it very thin.. as for the right its still leaking.. whiteish tissue forming over it.. and. bunch of lil holes next to it that stiches are poking out of I go to my ps monday hopefully this will go away soon im tired of changing gauze pads all day

looking very good despite the drain holes. i had one that didnt comply as much as the other. i am sure it will close soon. love your belle button and low incision. continue to heal well. hugs
You look great! Congrats!!! I can't wait until June!
You look great! Congrats!!! I can't wait until June!

updated before&after pics

Hi all! everything has been going well.. not In anymore pain.. except when I sneeze lol my stomach feels so tight everyday, I am so happy!!!! I still have 1 drain hole that is not 100% closed but has def closed a lot more compared to the last pics I posted.. my scar is very red in areas where the stiches had a hard time absorbing but the rest of the scar is thin and nice, I am assuming those red areas will eventually catch up... heres some updated pics I just took

You look amazing! Congratulations!
What happened with the hospital? I'm considering going to him but I hate hospitals and you mentioned not being happy with them. Thank you for your detailed experience:) you look great
You look great! I'll be having my surgery with Dr. Saunders in July & I'm super excited!
Newark Plastic Surgeon