Tummy Tuck July 1st - Trenton, NJ

My story is like everyone elses. One nearly 8...

My story is like everyone elses. One nearly 8 pound boy followed by another nearly 10 pound boy. If I'm being honest, my belly was always a bit big. It just became super noticeable after the birth of my boys.

I had a big umbilical hernia so I decided to have a general and plastic surgeon work on my tummy. Unfortunately, I did not take a before pic. I don't really want to remember what I looked like honestly. It was so depressing to get dressed, or shop. Hoping I could just get through the day without people assuming I'm expecting.

It is now day 5 and I am doing really well. The first day was horrible for me (as far as pain). I kept having to beg for more medication until my general surgeon changed my schedule. My mom helped me with my 5-year-old and 2-year-old sons. My hubby helped take take of me. I am home alone today with the boys. Hubby went back to work (part--time summer work)and my mom just left back for NYC. I am having my 5-year-old help with my toddler. I think he is excited to help mom for a change. He helps me with diaper changes (we are not potty-trained yet...this is our summer plan though) and prepare for lunch (hubby will help them with breakfast).

I will try to post my 5 day post op. SO excited that Dr. D managed to get me an inny!! I really give God all the glory for this surgery because Dr. L said I would have not have a totally flat belly (b/c of the stretching my muscles had gone through) and I would not have an inny (b/c of the size of my hernia.) I know this is far better than what I started out with!

So greateful to all you ladies for posting your stories! It helped me have the courage to go through with this!

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Both doctors have 20+ years experience. They have worked together in the past on TTs and have a great working relationship. They seem to differ in their approach to pain management. I can explain if you send me a private message. Overall a great experience! The fee of $6,100 covered the plastic portion (Dr. Lalla's fee, hospital fee and anesthesiologist fee)