Thrilled with my Lip Augmentation! - West Orange, NJ

I got my lips injected with Silikon 1000 less than...

I got my lips injected with Silikon 1000 less than a month after giving birth. I was so sure this was what I wanted, and very eager to get an augmentation. Unfortunately, after getting the treatment with what the doctor insisted was conservative amount (I'd rather get too little than too much, especially since the results are permanent and the doctor said he shared the same philosophy) I was worried because my lips were SO swollen and the swelling was not going down. I was terrified that I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life, as my face just looked so different due to the drastic change, and so different from what I wanted.

I called the doctor's office, and though he was not in, he got back to me immediately and appeased my fears, listening to my concerns and addressing each of them. He was clearly invested in making me happy, and I was impressed, as I am only patient and he was still willing to go above and beyond the call of duty without hesitation (even when the final result could not yet be determined). He said the swelling was normal and would go down, and that there is also post-pregnancy swelling that was also playing a role in what I was seeing. He was confident he did not inject too much, but was reassuring and willing to do anything to remedy the situation should he be wrong.

Well, a few weeks passed and I went back to the doctor with lips that looked exactly as I had hoped. Despite the wonderful turnout, I was confident that if I was not happy, I was in the hands of a doctor who truly cares about his patients and is willing to go to any length to make sure I end up with a result both he and I are proud of. I would recommend Dr. Joseph to anyone looking to have a lip augmentation. If only all doctors were as attentive, professional, and skilled!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

On time. Beautiful work. Excellent bedside manner.

Hi caterpiller,

Give it up for great doctors! I'm so glad that 1) he told you it was the swelling 2) it was post pregnancy swelling and 3) that he would do anything to fix it. And yet in the end it all turned out so well. So happy. Did the pregnancy effect your lips or was that something you had been thinking about for a while?

Thanks,