Tummy Tuck with Lipo/Muscle Hernia Repair @ Rutgers University Hospital, NJ

Hello RS Beauty, I have been a member since 2011...

Hello RS Beauty, I have been a member since 2011 and finally decided to write a review. I am a 38yr old beautiful woman/mom of two great children (tween/adult). I am glad to have had my children at a young adult age because I had a hysterectomy at the age of 30 due to suffering from endometriosis for many year along with multiple cysts. I am now in the process of looking for a great NJ/NYC Plastic Surgeon who have craft with their hands to snatch this body back at a affordable price!!

searching

Still in the process of trying to find me a ps in the NJ/Nyc area even at this point looking at teaching hospital since I know a few who had excellent results. I have had few surgery (multiple tumor, endo which ending end me having a hysterectomy) this have left me with a big round stomach. Blessing to me on my search any great feed make is wanted.

Consultation in motion

Consultation is in full force now July 7 with Dr. Lalla (West Orange, NJ)...July 14 @ Nyee(NYC) just don't know which Dr since they rotating new Dr that month.

Looking for a affordable Dr

I had a appointment on July 14, 2014 at Nyee , I drove all the way to the city basically for nothing, I fill out my paperwork and had a sit within five minute of me being there. The medical staff inform me I will not be able to be seen since I'm a diabetic...but I inform them of this when I made my appointment she just blame the volunteer for not passing this information. I'm praying the same thing don't happen on Tuesday with a NJ hospital appointment...Wish me hope RS.

Rutgers university

Keeping my fingers cross as I await for my appointment this morning to see if I will get approve for a surgery date...keep you ladies updated.

Consult w/resident program

My consultation was great today with Dr. Desai. After I did plenty of research, reading and went on a few consult I went ahead and schedule my date today for November 2014 with Dr. Desai who took his time with no rush and explain everything that was needed to know even on top of all my question. he was informative/explain pro & cons with me being a diabetic and my overall result.
I walk into his office nervous walk out with boldness"lol". Now, I'm just counting down the weeks.

waist trainer on

trying to loss weight

As I am counting my weeks down til the day of surgery, I am trying to lose some weight and so far 19lbs down and 25 more to go....
Dr. Kunj Desai

Dr. Kunj Desai is a excellent doctor who is confident in his skill. Dr. Desai was very knowledgeable & patient with me answer every question that I ask, he made me feel comfortable along with the staff who was professional and organized. So far so good.

I'll call tomorrow let u know what happens so excited! !!
Ncon06 let them know you want the resident/follwership program
Will do! Thanks so much for all your help
So I have an appointment next Friday with the same doctor I have too much anxiety! ! Thank you for the info! !
Hi one more question does your 4500 include anesthesiologist and all post visits? And do you have to stay over at hospital?
@ncon06 yes everything was included and yes you have to stay one overnight for observations...
Do u think I should call now if I want an appointment in feb? What's the address for the location? Did they show u before and after pics? Can u share?
@ncon06 hello, yes call and see if you can get appointment which is a $100.00 consultation, 973-972-2400 no I didn't see pictures I saw woman who was in the waiting room results along with seeing two of my sister friends who went there... keep me updated and blessings on your journey.
Thanks doll I had my first child when I was 21 so I had this belly for ever finally going to take the plunge. I was looking at dr.alkon because of prices. This place seems better because I definitely need muscle repair as my stomach protrudes so excited for u please update when you done with surgery!
Thanks so very much for your response! It' appreciated! I will keep you posted if I go with Rutgers. Enjoy your journey!
Hello PinkTreasure, I am relatively new to the Realself site. I am ready to take the plunge and get a tummy tuck; I have been wanting one for a few years. I have been reading lots of TT reviews and journey stories. I had one consultation that did not go so well. :-( I am still lining up consultation appointments. I have been thinking about going with a teaching hospital. I do have some concerns, but I am willing to have a consultation. You speak very highly of your PS. Did he share pictures of his work? Will he do the sx under the guidance/approval of Dr. Lee? (I went on the website and see that Dr. Edward Lee is the program director.) Any detailed information about the consultation would be helpful. Thanks so much!
@Amina5 as I was waiting for my consultation I personally ask women who was in the waiting can I see their results and how/what was the final opinion. Plus I know two woman who also sent to this doctor and they results was great in my opinion. You can choose Dr. Lee as your plastic surgeon but the price will increase, if you not far go for a consultation $100.00 and keep me posted. Good luck on you journey
@Amina5 here the phone number ask for the resident program 973-972-2400. let me know how things go.
Your surgery is a day before mine. Good luck and happy healing!
@20yearwait congrats to you, we have to support one another, im just keeping my fingers cross. Keep me updated. Who are you going to
Yes we do and I'm here for you if you need an ear. I'm in Edmonton Alberta and seeing Dr. Paul Schembri. Super nice Ps.
20YearWait I'm just waiting patiently, I still have to get some clearances in OCTOBER so far so good.
How much was your consultation ?
My consultation was $125.00 I have to go look at my receipt
I sorry it was $ 100. 00 the price was reduce from 125.00 I sent you the phone number I hope all go well with you
Thanks for sharing your story can I have the hospitals phone #
@Aboyn3girlz here the following you ask for #973-972-2400 $100.00 for consultation...let me know how you make out.
Hey :) We met today at Rutgers! I'm so happy Dr. Desai agreed to do the surgery. Hes amazing, you're in great hands! Keep me updated!
@maeleebecker thank you, it was great to meet you. I also was happy that he agree and looking forward to see my results. He did stated I have a to get a ekg/ct along with regular blood work...my sx is paid already so I'm determined. Keep me updated with you as well. Enjoy your day.
Hurray!   So glad you created your review and joined the community.  I want to help you get started finding that doctor.  Here is a link to the New York Plastic Surgeons on RealSelf.  From here you will be able to connect with doctors and patients, read reviews and get your process started.

Excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey.