Using Invisalign - New Jersey

I have only been using Invisalign for two months...

I have only been using Invisalign for two months now and already see improvement. I always had straight teeth, but I've noticed crowding the last 4-5 years. Now 50ish..I decided that if I "have to" get old, I don't have to have crooked teeth too.

It is definately a life style commitment while going through treatment. My experience so far has been very minimal discomfort after changing each aligner. They're tight after I first put them in at night and fine by morning. It's true..very few people notice I'm wearing them and I work in a corporate environment.

The final results are yet to be determined.

Hi 50+.

Welcome to the Invisalign community. I'm glad, so far, things seem to be going well for you with minimum pain and all. And very few of your co-workers noticing is also great. Do you know how long you will have to wear them for? How far in are you in with the process? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt...I just started treatment in January and I was told to expect to wear them for a year. In reading the other comments, I see others are also have problems with the aligner cutting into the gums. I'm hoping to see more suggestions on how to make this more comfortable? Thanks!

Hi 50+,

Well the retainer I had to wear after metal braces I sanded  the part that hurt a little with I think a nail file. I also wore bees wax on the sides that cut into my gums, but eventually my gums built up a sort of scar tissue. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Seems very confident this treatment will work for me.