This Was my First Experience with a Laser Treatment - Livingston, NJ

I wanted to do a laser treatment for sun...

I wanted to do a laser treatment for sun damage/brown spots on my hands. Over the years more and more "freckles" were coming out and making my hands look older than I liked. I was concerned about the procedure having some discomfort, but that was quickly remedied by a topical anesthetic and Dr. Altman's caring to make sure I was comfortable through the treatment. The spots do darken and then will slough off. It's great that with this treatment there is no "down time". I am thrilled that I won't have these spots anymore.

I had a chance to look at sommertimes' hands yesterday. They are doing great. The pigment is breaking up and disappearing.

I find that all the attention goes to the face and other essential areas like the neck and hands are left behind. No wonder it's often said that the "hands give away your age." Hands get quite a bit of sun exposure and show signs of "aging" early on with freckling and thinning of soft tissue. So glad that you have a great result.
The spots darkened and got a granular look to them, then they started to fade.

Hi sommerstime,

I'm glad this worked so well on your hands. We don't get many reviews for people using laser treatment on their hands so this is good for the community. I'm glad it didn't hurt much either. Did your hands peel? Since that often happens with laser treatment on the face I was wondering if hands would be the same.

Thanks,

-Britt

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Altman Is wonderful. She Is extremely knowledgeable and gives all your concerns caring attention.