Ematrix Worked for my Acne Scars - Niles, OH

I had my first ematrix procedure this past week...

I had my first ematrix procedure this past week and have experienced a distinct and noticable improvement in my acne scars. The scars themselves, are rolling and ice pick type scars, on my cheeks, about 15 years old. Approximately 5 days after the treatment it was clear that the scars had improved. They were less shallow and the icepick scars were narrower. The scar discoloration also lightened. I especially noticed the improvement when outside in natural light. I am very happy with the results, and would recommend ematrix for acne scarring.
I am a 38 year old female, south asian, with "brown" skin. The procedure was extremely painful. On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being most painful, the pain was a solid 8. I was not offered a numbing cream. I was told the oils left on the skin from the numbing cream interferes with the laser. The pain was most intense during the procedure and immediately after. After the procedure my skin was very red and there was a strong burning sensation. I did take Tylenol wich helped the pain considerably. By the next morning the burning sensation dissapaited, however my skin remained quite red and had begun to swell. By the end of the day the swelling increased and was definitely noticable. Over the next few days the redness and swelling decreased and the scabbing began. My skin had a very raw, rough, and reddened texture and appearence for 3-4 days after the procedure. For myself personally, I was not comfortable in public and consider the downtime to be about 4 days. By day 5 most redness is gone, however the texture of my skin is still a bit rough. I expect that within the next 4-5 days my skin will be back to normal.
I purchased a package of 3 ematrix sessions, with 400 pulses from the laser per session for $1400. 400 pulses cover my entire face. My results have been worth the cost and pain.
I write this review on day 5 after my procedure. Based on what I have seen so far, I expect continued improvement of my scarring over the next few days. My next session is scheduled for 4 weeks from the wirting of this review and although the pain is daunting I will continue. My expectations were not high, but I am very happy with results so far.

Thanks for sharing so much detail in your review, this really helps other Community Members.  Please keep us posted on your progress!

Laser Hair Removal and Cosmetic Therapy Centers of Ohio

My procedure was not attended by a doctor but an aesthetician.