Starting to Get Nervous - Niagara Falls, NY

Hi, my name is nicki and I'm 25 yrs old and for...

Hi, my name is nicki and I'm 25 yrs old and for the past 2 yrs I really been thinking hard about getting the sleeve gastrectomy or the gastric bypass Im really leaning forward towards the sleeve though I weight 310lbs n I'm 5'6 (I know fat)ugh I been trying to get the weight off.I have never been this big I have two children and I wanna be able to run and play with them without having to stop because I'm so tired n out of breath so fast someone please help

The beginning

This is me on June 23 2013

time is ticking

So today I go a speak to the physiologist.n tomorrow I get the ekg. almost there still,don't have an exact date for my surgery but hopefully when I go back to see dr.pham on the 12th of this month I will... Nervous excited anxious
dr. pham

Hi how is everything going im from buffalo ny and dr. pham is my doctor i am getting the sleeve i am awaiting my appointments i have to surgery date yet. How is everything going>
Hi Nicki, it's good to read your review, I don't have a date for surgery yet as I'm in the UK and the surgery is government funded, so they tell you when you're coming in, but I hope we can all support each other. I'm twenty years older than you and I wish I'd done it when I was your age! Good for you.
Has anyone heard anything on posner? He's the only one my insurance covers. Just starting out. Thx
Hi Nikki, I'm glad you have taken the step to do something for you and your health...Hang in there!
I agree with cardwiz. The first day is the worst then its all thinner and lighter from there. Good luck :)
i had the sleeve on 7/8/2013. the first day is pretty rough. use the pain meds and get out of bed as soon as possible. walking really helped. i could only walk less then 1/4 mile around the hospital floor but was able the walk a mile on day 2.
thanks for the comment. how are u doing snce the surgery? do u have any regrets? how long did the pain last? how much weight did u lose so far? im so anxious to have my done already..
I have no regrets....things are going well. A little slow but did not know what to expect. Today is day 31 and I have lost 19 lbs since surgery and 44lbs since I started the entire process back in January. The pain lasted for about a week where I needed pain meds. After that I could feel some pain but not enough to continue the meds. I returned to work after 3 weeks. Good Luck with you procedure. Please share your progress!

Hi Nicki, Welcome!

Have you spoken to any doctors yet? I was also going back and forth between the sleeve and bypass and I eventualy decided on the sleeve, which I will be having in September.

I have I'm actually going for my last appt that he schedule me for which is the ekg I have to go July 30 n then ill have to speak to Dr.pham for an appt for surgery he thinks I should do the sleeve

The sleeve definitely is less risky that the bypass and can always be converted to a bypass, at a later stage, if needed.

Do you have any idea of when your surgery might be scheduled for?

Some where in September

We might end up having it around the same time!