New to Invisalign - So far so good - New Hampshire

I'm 55 and decided to try Invisalign. I did not...

I'm 55 and decided to try Invisalign. I did not do any research or talk with anyone. It seems impulsive even though I had been thinking about it for several years. I figured that the year will pass whether I have my teeth fixed or not, so I might as well straighten them out! So far so good. I had them placed today. No pain.......yet. I will pre medicate before I go to bed, since it sounds like that may be an issue. The blogs are so very helpful. I now know to look for bubbles and possible staining. Thank you everyone for any tid bit of info or suggestion to ease this process. I will add photos as things progress. the little buttons were a bit of surprise to me. I knew they were going to be placed, I just didn't realize how visible they were going to be. Thanks again for all the great info and stories.
Dr. Sabatelle

Good communicator. Very supportive. So far

I so appreciate all the input and advice offered. This is only my first week. I did not realize how having to wear the trays 22 h per day would impact my eating. Hopefully with time taking them out and placing them in will be easier. I still require a mirror. Is this normal?
At first yes. You'll get used to them and pop them out in no time. I'm so used to them I sometimes forget they are in and try to eat lol.
Welcome to the over 50 invisalign club. I'm finishing up my second week. This forum is great for advice
I'm 7 months into my treatment and loving it. Best advice I can give is to plan on keeping new trays in for 12 hours taking them out before then is painful. within a day or two my teeth normally feel normal. stick with it and you'll be happy with the outcome :-)

Welcome to the community and thank you for starting your review on the process.