laser resurfacing 100% worth it!!!! - Newtown, PA

I'm a 23 year old female who had moderate acne...

I'm a 23 year old female who had moderate acne scars all over my cheeks. I was so self conscious about them. I feared certain lighting, especially being out in the bright sunlight; when I looked in a mirror, all I could see was these dips and scars on my face.

After reading everything on the internet, I fearfully made an appointment to have laser skin resurfacing done. I made an appointment with Dr. S from {edited} located in Newtown, Pa. I was afraid, but also desperate. I paid $3,000.

It was the BEST money I ever spent and I am SO glad I did it. Here I am a week later, and the swelling is completely gone, and so are all of my scars. Literally GONE. COMPLETELY. I am so thankful, so fortunate. My face is still very red, but I'm able to cover it up with mineral make up.

I'll be completely honest with you, too. I can tell you that the procedure was so painful my body was shaking. Dr. S used a numbing cream on my face and also used local anethesia, and it was still almost untolerable. However, the results were SO SO SO worth it I can't even begin to tell you. You will look like a monster afterwards- your face will swell, it will be red, purple, you'll have to COVER it with vasoline so you WILL be greasy. Don't plan on going anywhere for at least a week.

There's no a lot of information out there on laser skin resurfacing, but if you're really suffering from acne scars, really, really consider it.

{edited}

{by Britt, please PM user for more info}
Dr. S at Bucks County Plastic Surgery

He was kind, thorough, and honest.

Hey I was looking for someone who has done it after the age of twenty because I am 22. I have undergone two laser sessions fraxel and so far I am not that happy with the results. Scars are still there and I am not sure about the number of sessions I will require. I just want a smooth face with even skin tone. I am so tired of coving up my acne scars with makeup. So can you please give me ur email addresss I want to know the results. I don't think my scars are deep.
hello iam very happy that you achieved a pretty face with no scars =) How are you doing currently? I was wondering if you knew exactly what laser you used and the setting, if would be possible to mention either microns, time, any kind of measure of intensity. Thanks!
Hello- I am glad to hear your results were everything you hoped for!! Did you have fractional co2? I had this procedure in November but see minimal results thus far on my acne scarring which is mild to moderate....still hoping to see improvement. I will be having a 2nd procedure completed in January. Do you have before and after pics

Thanks,
RK

Hi Clarks,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. Glad to hear you had a good experience, knowing you were apprehensive, but ended up with a positive experience will be great for other community members. Do you have pictures? Please keep us updated on how you're doing.

Thanks,