Botched Implant Surgery By: Dr. Richard Silverman - Newton, MA

Where to start. . . I was 23, a personal trainer...

Where to start. . .

I was 23, a personal trainer and looking to get an augmentation. I went to Dr.Silverman because being in the fitness industry I saw him at a local show. I assumed he would have more insight in performing the surgery on a more muscular female. Please note: I really was not all that huge back then, I have matured with a lot more muscle. I was young and didn't really have a voice yet; well, that has changed.

My procedure with 375cc saline implants started to bottom out within the first year. It was told to me by a revisionary reputable Doctor my pocket was way over dissected, which has caused me GREAT physical problems as well as image issues for the better half of a decade. They were rippled, bottomed out, the wrong size, malpositioned laterally. . . just about anything aesthetically horrible you can imagine, they were.

I'm still a trainer and my body is my business. As an older business owner the way I was treated was even more alarming. After surgery I remember him complaining about the thickness of my muscle and asymmetry as if it was my fault. He was snarky, rude and unapologetic. I think it's hilarious that he now "specializes" in breast augmentation to the fitness industry. He couldn't even manage my 23 year old muscle development. My new surgeon gave me beautiful results with my 34 year old pectoral development and. . . was pleasant doing it.

I'll be nice and say, maybe I was a learning experience for him. Maybe he has gotten better at his craft at my expense. But, it will never change the fact that his pre and post operative behavior was unacceptable.

Please be careful who you choose, it can affect your life for a long time. In retrospect I would have gone over the muscle, silicone gel and high profile implant. An inner mesh bra is also an option for extra support for a bottomed out implant or competitive female with little breast tissue. If you are serious about lifting I would not mess with dissecting the pectoral muscle, ever. New England is not the most progressive with plastic surgery either, don't be afraid to travel. Get lots of opinions and for gods sake, if a Doctor seems like a douche RUN, don't walk away.

Thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf. Will you be writing a review about your revision surgery and new doctor?
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Rude, snarky and arrogant. Lacking in talent, sincerity and character. Unprofessional.