So Anxious! -Newport News, VA

My expectations is to have not hanging belly that...

My expectations is to have not hanging belly that hangs so far over my female parts! I have had 3 children (set of twins) and I just want to be somewhat like I use to be. I am very nervous, but I need this at the same time. As the day gets closer I think of everything under the sun going wrong... leaving my children just to feel better about myself physically ! I am scared of the surgery, scared of the recovery... lol Im afraid of the reaction I get from curtain family members about the money spent just to have a smaller waist. I have lost a lot of weight and it also comes with excess skin. This skin causes rashes, and, odors to say the least. I just would like people that have been through this to give me some support, and any information on recovery and anything you feel might be helpful about what you have done to ease some of your anxiety would be so so appreciated.

Okay.... almost there!

5 days out and Im starting to take the advice of all the so so kind real sellers that told me to relax and rest and breathe and don't feel so anxious about doing something for me! I have cleaning, meds, and home supplies to get... My mother is going to stay with me the first full week and there after my teenage daughter and pre teen son will look after me and she will come during the day while the are at school. I am just going to pay bills from my MAC... trying to service (cosmetologist) as many customers again. I will listen to my body to tell me when I can start working again. Im just ready to have that "old thing back" lol I see myself (after all healed up of course) feeing so good about myself and my body.... after 14 years and two pregnancies (I'm done tubes tied, clipped, and burnt after my son) I am finally going to be back to MY REAL-SELF!!!

Here are some pictures of me before... please hold your barfing until the end!!

The black clothes help not to sore your eyes too back :) I'll get the nerve post some more exposed photo's later....

Here are some pictures of me before... please hold your barfing until the end!!

The black clothes help not to sore your eyes too bad* :) I'll get the nerve post some more exposed photo's later....

Miserable....

when I don't have this CG on it feels like my entire body is going to fall apart! When i do have it on I feel lil I'm so tight that its unbearable that its so tight I cannot breathe and Im going to suffocate! :(

The experience...

Ok here I go. I'm 7 days out. One full week since my surgery. I have so many mixed feelings both good and not so good. First the surgery went well no complications while under, Thank God! All I remember of the whole entire experience was being woke up by my nurse. NOW the hard part.... Recovery! Once home I slept most of the day/night round the clock care by my mom and kids. I was given a compression machine to come home with for the first 48 hours to use to prevent blood clots and told after the first 24 hours this machine would not take the place of me walking I should wear it any time I wasn't walking around the house for circulation, therefore when I was in my recliner, or sitting, sleeping, not moving etc. I should have it on and using it. I (my mother did) returned it to the office Thursday evening. I think thats when the real hard part begin for me I had to walk more no and move and this was strenuous on my back... I then begin to feel the pains of my CG and the swelling just all the most unforgettable uncomfortable situations one could think of came about. Friday I felt like I was in hell my legs and feet and pubic area were all swollen... and tight as ever! I went to have the swelling in my legs examined to ensure no blood clots and was told nothing present just normal swelling from after surgery. Saturday and Sunday I did all that I could to remain calm, positive, and hopeful. When they say and tell you about emotional distress you will have after this procedure it is so underestimated (well at least by me it was) I thought nothing could have me depressed about having my large belly gone!!! But I was (and sometime do still get blue) I thought this is the worst thing I DID TO MYSELF!! I thought an Im not even flat, I still have the same size stomach all this for.... what!! I mean it I went through it all! Monday (yesterday) I had my first post op appointment after looking over my tracking of my drain tubes they were removed... I was told I could not shower I would still have some drain from the two spaces on my side but care fore them as I had been keep area clean with peroxide/water mixture and dry. my incision is fine no infection still has tape on it I could remove it when I felt comfortable with doing so just keep it clean and dry. Saline strips would come later. I came home an was exhausted! I slept the rest of the day to wake up to legs and feel the size of tree trunks!! I needed to elevate my legs more I guess because I liked sleeping in my chair sitting up
(crazy I know) but this made me feel most comfortable! So now its Tuesday and I will be going to take a shower in a little while and get into some fresh Pj's eat baked Tilapia and crab stuffing!! then watch TV and pray for a good night. I will say it is getting better. I am still walking slow and bent over... I can do more than I was able to do the second day tho :) I can sometime see an improvement in my tummy still not what I thought it would be an Im afraid my results probably won't be what I expected...everyone says that its swelling.. but Im like this is a lot of swelling whats going to happen to the skin when this goes down if thats the case will it not be tight anymore... I don't know, I"ll just have to wait it out an see. You know, I look forward however to at minimum the jump start to being able to workout to get results that I wouldn't have been able to achieve had I not had the surgery. I am over glad I went through with it. I go back for my next followup on the Monday the 20th. Sorry i don't update a lot more... sometimes IM in a funk and just trying to deal with the everyday simple things that I once took for granted, things like a stroll to the fridge or like trips to the bathroom, and even a task as simple as wiping myself after using it bathroom. Oh and let me tell you, that has been a whole mother journey of her own!!! This has totally been a humbling experience for me. Here are a few pics up until now... Hopefully they will get better! Happy Healing all :)

All I can do is cry...

Crying is all I can do I know my body is not going to look it best! I don't want to go trough this surgery again. I am so so so so sad with the results. If you as me I shove had much better results. I still look down and can't see my whoo shoo! All these years of waiting all these years of saving and now to have this... happen. I can only cry and pray this gets better. cause as of right now I just fee like what did I do waste of money. Somebody pray for me :(

Hello everyone!

Hello Everyone! I am just stopping in to let everyone know that I am well. I have been keeping to myself for a bit so that I could just wrap my mind around what the changes my body had/has to undergo. I did develop seroma that I have drained every week by my doc. Today I went to see him and he wasn't able to get any out!! So now he has said that I can go a month before my next visit! So Im ok.. thank you all for all your support here are some photos of me... I still have some edema he called it right above my incision and it is very very hard. Frankly I think its Fat neurosis ( I think thats what its called) but he said that it is swelling (edema) and it will go away on its own... all the nurses say it will be like a " sausage roll" down there below just above my pubic area and it will be the last to go... so we will see. Here are a few picture I took a week ago... just to update you guys! I hope everyone is doing well and again thanks for all your support.

Hey Everyone!

Things are getting better! :-)

getting better... working out now

getting better... working out now

Im feeling great about my decision!! :-)

Everything is going well!! I am overall happy that i had my surgery! I still have numbness and loss of sensation especially around my belly button area. I feel like I want to have Lipo now. But my doctor says I have to wait at minimum 9 months before I undergo anymore procedures. Okay I hope everyone is healing well!! I am going to post a few more picture!! :-)

Feeling good about having my surgery!

Newport News Plastic Surgeon

Terrific dress...and you look GORGEOUS in it! You're darn right "gettin better"!!! Keep up,the awesome progress. :-DSuzy
Your shape is a lovely hour glass -hope you will love it soon. Take care and heal well.
Lookin good. Seems like all is doing well now, congrats. Continued good healing, take care. :-DSuzy
how are you? are you seeing any improvement?
Hey... How are u?
Thinking of you! We are 2 weeks today! Hope you're doing better. You're in my prayers.
STARTING *
How are you doing today girl ? Hope you're tarting to feel better
Hun don't stress your self your way to early to worry about how the results Look your really swollen and body will go through changes focus on recovery first then results I would start waist training ASAP, check out part 1 of my review and my aftercare and garment regimen I think it will help you your body is like puddy right now you can mold it with waist training
@ bbtw...u see I told her to go straight to u, mama! Thanks for coming showing her some love! I love our vets! Always tryna make it better... !
We are all here for each other
Btw... I have 10 year old twins... So you truly have a place in my heart. Good luck
Thank you so so very much!
Hi precious.... U do need to to give urself more time to heal but there are quite a few things you can do to maximize your results. Please visit the Brazilian butt lift forum here on real self!!!!! Please! Check out bigbootytinywaist blog. She has used corset training and her waist is sick... (Tummy) check out lolajae ( her whole body is a theatrical production hunny) ....not sure how truly educated any of the girls on the Tt forum are about their procedures...( and please note, before I realself all I knew WAS to get a tt) it seems that a lot of the ladies here don't know much about lipo sculpture...where ur surgeon basically creates your shape.... From hips, to ass, to back, sides and thighs. I don't know of you got your back fat, bra rolls and flanks done or not....but without having those minor, yet major revisions....you will still have a wide flat torso! But please check out the ladies I mentioned...including npjr ( can't remember her full name, but those initials should pull her up), mamacita1987...to name a few.... Look tag names like yily dolls, Duran dolls, Baez (all surgeons).... Follow the tips for waist training...but if I am reading ur blog correctly, at some point you are going to have to do a revision.... Good luck
Hello I believe you have confirmed my fears that I will have to have a revision. I fear this so so much this surgery has been very taxing on my body I am a healthy person but I don't do well with things like this... but I was willing to undergo this this one time I had not idea it would be this taxing and i just don't think I will be able to go through this again. Thank you so so very much!
I'm sorry you didn't have more information on the procedure... But, u can get better results with the waist training, pwrhaps
*perhaps
I can totally understand how ur feeling, I was just like u crying, depressed and so on, am 1 month po now things will look better hang in there. I can see huge diff in ur b4 and after pics. It does get bettet xx
WantBellyGone did you have a revision? I just don't think I can go through this again. I know there is a difference but its not flat I just wanted to be able to look down and see my girl parts and the way it looks right even with the swelling once this goes down I will not be able to do that. I keep think ok once the swell goes down where is the rest of this skin going to go? It has to go somewhere... I just know its going to look all wrong, but what else can I do but wait. Im in so much pain from sneezing and random coughs that I try so so had to suppress I don't known what to do I don't want to take any more pain pills cause I can't use the bathroom without having to strain ( issue stool softener, with little to no ease) I am so worried about the MR just being totally ruined, from things I could control (sneezes, coughs, and occasional laugh) it consumes me. Thank you for you encouragement. I think I should post more pic so you guys can see exactly what I mean.
I agree with Let'sDOthis, you have to give yourself time. You can totally see the difference with your before and after pics. Swelling sticks around for awhile so you need to get out of the funk... I want to see your post in a few months. I think you'll have a different attitude. Hang in there!!
Thanks chicly :)
I mean chicaLa my macbook has autocorrect sorry :)
Girl ! You must be suffering from the serious blues :-( Seriously ? There's definitely a BIG difference . I'm not sure why you're not seeing that but trust all of us when we tell u - you're lookin great! And swelling lasts for months ! Your tummy is so much smoother , you have to see that ? Your side profile is most definitely a huge improvement . Cheer up ! Give it some more time . Hope your at least physically starting to feel a little better .
Thank you Let'sDOthis... you are so so nice. You're right I probably should calm down and give things a bit more time.
Sorry you're feeling this way today! I have felt the same way! (I'm 4 days out). I too have been crying today. My PS said you won't see you're true results for 3-6 months. Just keep that in mind. There is already a huge difference in your before and after, I do to you are swollen right now though. I'll say a prayer for you. We can make it through this!