47 Yr. Old with Hernias and Vertical Midline Scar from Emergency Surg. 2yrs Ago - Newport News, VA

I had a horrible hosp. experience 2 yrs. ago that...

I had a horrible hosp. experience 2 yrs. ago that not only left me physically disfigured but emotionally a mess. This was from a simple Gyn. procedure that then required an open laparotomy to save my life. Due to the swelling from that surgery I developed hernias. After a lot of research and recommendations I consulted with a general surgeon to repair the hernias. I was so distraught over my scars and disfigurement that her and I discuss combining my hernia repair with a tummy tuck. I never even considered anyone but Dr. Zwicklbauer. He was my surgeon in 2007 when I had breast augmentation. I had PTSD from my experience with the emergency surgery and it was agreed upon that I would receive counseling to prepare me for another surgery. I trusted Dr. Z before and I trusted him completely this time, I was just terrified to have surgery again. I can't praise the outcome of this surgery enough. My scar looks amazing already. I will be able to wear a bikini this summer and no one will be able to see my scar. I was treated with the utmost care, compassion, respect and tenderness. Dr. Z really listened to my fears, concerns and desires. He has given me such a wonderful gift, me. He gave me back my body before all the disfigurement. I feel so beautiful, alive, sexy, and ready to enjoy life once again. I can't thank him enough for being the wonderful talented surgeon that he is and a man with a kind compassionate heart.
Wow what an experience!  I can't even imagine going through all of that.  I bet you were terrified to go through another procedure.

Thank you for sharing with us in the community.
Newport News Plastic Surgeon