Ulthera Seems to Work Immediately Cincinnati, Newport - KY

I'm 40 years old and have been treating my...

I'm 40 years old and have been treating my face w Botox/dysport and fillers for over 10 years. I'm healthy not overweight, but was concerned with depressions along the orbital, nasolabial, hood of the eye, and cheek area. Today after one treatment my skin is firmer, and the brow/hood area has already lifted. My Dr. Said usually younger skin responds right away. If 40 is young than yippee!!

Now to the part you all are most concerned of: PAIN. First of all remember no procedure ever has to be painful if you use a doctor that believes in pain control. I asked for everything. Percocet an hour before, lidocaine in the brow area, and numbing cream. I'm pretty good with pain, but since this was my first treatment I wanted all bases covered! Today I learned the cheek area without lidocaine getting to the area does hurt a bit. What I asked was to put ice on first, and then treat. Let me tell you, that's the key!!!! Ice then treat that area!!! Piece of cake and zero pain. Highly recommend asking for it. My right cheek area without ice was difficult. I was patient number 14 for the surgeon I went too. Highly recommend a doctor over a tech. Ulthera can deliver different amounts of energy to places, and every face is different. It takes skill to do this treatment.

Since I have only one day, I can tell you there is zero pain, my face feels tighter, and my brow has lifted already. The only thing is: if you have a retainer, TAKE IT OUT! Definitely conducts a dose of extra energy. If you have braces, I would wait til they are off. The doctor I went to is like an artist with a palate. She spent a ton of time with me and I absolutely love her. She is 61 uses Ulthera and looks 40!! It's AMAZINg!! I will keep everyone posted through the 90 days!! I say go for it!

Good advice about making sure your retainer is out! I'm not sure how many people would have even thought of that! This makes me curious about people with dental bridges in...wonder if that causes any problems?

So glad they gave you stuff to help with the pain.

Interested to hear how the next few days go for you - please keep us posted on how you are doing! :)

I did have a few point looking burns but nothing...

I did have a few point looking burns but nothing that bad. Day 5 and those areas scabbed and flaking. Skin looks like its lifting in cheek ane eye area.

Any updates? I'm interested in this treatment but terrified of getting a bad doc and no results. Not many options in Cincinnati/norther Ky area it seems. Did you have full face and neck? My jowl/ marionette lines starting at age 40. Neck too.

Sounds like a good update! How is your skin feeling? Is it itchy or tight, or is it feeling ok for the most part?

Megan,
I did have some small burn marks appear. Not itchy. My friends who saw me on mother's day told me they can already tell. I personally can tell the eyebrow area has lifted. I am going to wait another 2 weeks and I will do some before and afters
Dr. Pamela Silver