A Complete Mess - Newport Beach, CA

I had an eMatrix treatment yesterday and am...

I had an eMatrix treatment yesterday and am horrified with what I am seeing today. First of all, apparently I am incredibly stupid because I went to a med spa that had a groupon for this in Newport Beach, CA. I am in my mid 40's and thought that perhaps this would be a procedure that would have an overall positive benefit for aging skin and help with large pores, tightening & brightening. My skin was okay, not fabulous, not terrible, just average but most people always think I am about 7-10 years younger than I actually am.

The RN who did the procdure was obviously in a hurry and only let my skin numb for about 15 minutes, and then gave me the treatment on level C, so it was pretty painful and I could smell the burning skin. I have had other laser treatments before and know that often any facial hair/pach fuzz burns so I was not particularly worried until after the treatment. My face was very red, I could see the marks from the head of the wand, and I was not provided with any aftercare products since I opted not to purchse the $130 serum they suggested. I was sent on my way with a vague aftercare instruction sheet.

Fast forward to today, my face is very swollen, there are red squares all over my face which are getting crusty, are swollen, and feel hard & burnt to the touch. I even have a swollen saggy area under my chin (an accumulation of fluid?) where no treament was done. This is quite upsetting for a variety of obvious reasons, but particularly in light of the fact the this procedure was marketed as a "non-invasive procudure with little to no down time". I definitely will not be able to leave the house for several days since I dont' happen to have hijab or burka lying around the house.

I have no idea what, if any, the long term results may be after the initial healing, but I am at the least thankful that this will be the only eMatrix I ever have, I am praying that my face heals without permanent damage, but am quite worried. I did do some reasearch prior to buying this treatment, but back in the very beginning of March (when I bought it) I don't believe this thread had been started yet, so I wasn't able to find any negative reviews. Thank God this is here now so some other folks may avoid this awful process because for some reason there don't seem to be many negative reviews about this procedure out there on the internet, it's kind of suspicous actually.

Thank you for your honest review.  I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with this procedure:(  Frustrating..

Embarrassing to admit, but I chose this med spa because I bought a Groupon for this, feeling incredibly stupid right now. The doctor went to school out of the country, and was nowhere to be seen. There was no consultation, the RN was in a hurry, didn't really explain this well, and was not very warm of welcoming. I don't know if they treat all their clients liek this, or just the Groupon clients, but I would not recommend her to anyone. Other staff was polite.