7 month Update

I got my surgery in Dec 2012 I am 34 year old...

I got my surgery in Dec 2012
I am 34 year old with 2 c-sections. I had lot of redundant skin due to my big babies and of course the abdominal muscles per definitely stretched.

There was so much "hang" in my abdominal areas that the only way I survived until my surgery was with wearing spanx every time I left my house. It was affecting my self confidence which I was aware of but realised the extent of it after my surgery.

I life to call it "corrective sugery" and not "cosmetic surgery".

For last two years I have been reading up on this website and last December I made up my mind to get this surgery. Realself helped me so very much to make this decision. It was on real self where I found my doctor.

Here goes.
1st Week of Dec 2013:
I consulted with two plastic surgeons. First doctor was really good but with 2nd doctor, it just clicked. In comparison to my first appointment the experience was very different. I am sure the first doctor must be as good but it is the comfort level I felt with my doctor. First doctor was very technical and was answering to all my question but it felt like I would just be another file in her office, there was not a single question about me as a person. With the 2nd doctor, we connected so well. He wanted to know about me and my daily schedule and my family which I felt was so relevant because all those things will affect ones recovery. The emotional well being is so important when it comes to such a major surgery. He has a really good sense of humor which helped with my tension and also told me that recovery times vary and I should not expect miracles.

2nd week of Dec 2012 -
My blood work done

4th week of Dec 2012-
I went in for my surgery, it was outpatient. The surgery took 4-5 hours or atleast that is how long I was under. I did choose to get a pain pump which my doctor was neutral about. I am not sure it helped but it sure gave me mental relief. I was on painkillers and anti biotics and I was in binder which was super tight.

My tubes came out on 10th day or so. It wasn't bad, it did hurt a little more on one side than the other. I could not shower for those 10 days but I did do the sponge bath and my husband washed my hair once. Not being able to take shower was the worst part. 2nd worst was the hunch and it hurt bad.

I started to straighten out by 6th or 7th day but I was not completely straight for 3.5 weeks. I guess I was just too scared to stretch myself. I am glad it was during winter and no one could see my mild hunch due to my coat.

One thing that I really appreciated about my doctor was that he called me the next day while he was on vacation. He was so responsive. I guess that is what you need to recover from major surgery. SUPPORT!!

I am glad that my husband was so supportive and a great nurse, I love love love him. My family was with me to help me with the kids. And my doctor and his staff were so approachable and reachable that my mind was at peace.

Word of caution- try not to laugh or sneeze or cough for first 2 weeks..lol. It is not fun and it hurts like it never hurt before.

My doctors office has regular follow-ups for 1 year which I think is normal. I am able to schedule my time quite easily. The office staff is awesome!!!

12th Week Post op - I still swell up a lot and per my doctor it will continue for time because the internal sutures are still healing. My belly button is darker than I would like, my doctor recommended bleaching cream, I am not sure it helped but my doctor is not worried about it so that's good.

For my scar treatment, I am using scar away on my tummy tuck scar and belly button scar. I do see some scar build up on my belly button and I have shared my concerns with doctor. He will take a look on my follow-up appoinment.

One thing that I notice is that that on Mondays my stretch does not feel that bad but by Thursday the tightness is back and stay there until Saturday and once I am rested, I am ready for next week. It has been better each week so I think that is quite positive.

And the most important thing, its time for NEW WARDROBE..yay...I already lost a size and I think once swelling subsides I will go down another.I feel so so so confident now, I feel like my body and mind now match. My husband says I am much more happier now which is a great thing for my family and myself.

I will keep posting my updates and will post pics soon.

Before Pics

As requested- before pics

After Pics

As requested - after pics

Belly Button - needs fixing I believe

My doctor has been injecting some meds in here so that the scarring can reduce. Dont know, I dont like the way it looks. My doctor is supportive so lets see.

7 month appt update

The dr was happy with progress and he wants to wait for at least a year before doing a scar revision. He injected some meds in the scar and advised me to keep using silicone sheets.

Will post pics soon.