Tummy Tuck all done, November 1. 2013

I am a mother of three, 34, 5'2, approximately 150...

I am a mother of three, 34, 5'2, approximately 150 pounds! I have wanted a tummy tuck after my first baby! My mom had one and 13 years later she still looks amazing. I would only do it with her surgeon. I am of course super anxious about the complications and something happening to me, even though the procedure is done so often and precautions are made. I recently went in for my first consultation, hoping he would tell me I'd be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. Unfortunately my skin is really bad. With underwear you can't even tell! My stomach is basically flat, but if I sit down, or bend over, holy moly, skin! I am concerned about the recovery as I am single mom, widow, and will not have anyone here other than my mom for a few weeks. Even though my muscles probably need repairing, I do work out, not as much as I should, but I do. So I don't want them touched. Especially after seeing my mom hunched for a few months at least after. I do not have that luxury and will have to return to work soon after. I have a flexible schedule but I am a therapist and I wouldn't want to keep my clients more than two weeks without their appointment. My plastic surgeon has agreed to do a full tummy tuck, skin only with lipo to my hips. I am wondering if anyone has had a skin only tummy tuck and can share with me, results and recovery time. In my research thus far, I find that people state the recovery is faster and you are back to normal sooner than with a full tummy tuck. Any information, experiences, support, will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at a November 1st date for my operation which gives me plenty of time to get into better shape, diet to lose ten pounds, and of course go crazy obsessing over the what ifs!

Thank you for your response! I will post pics soon so you can see what my stomach looks like! I of course had three children, two were just about 9 pounds and the other was about 8. Big babies, for my little body! I think your tummy actually looks great! I am concerned also about the scar on my hips! I am hoping my surgeon can stop the incision right before my hip so I don't have that dent in my hip! I know I'm being picky, but as you know, I'm doing the tummy tuck because my self esteem is affected by how my tummy looks after babies! I am aware that I am trading in extra skin for a scar that may heal unfavorably, and I will then haven't something else to feel self conscious about! Good thing I'm giving myself time to work through all these factors! I really feel that I can get desirable results without the muscle repair but I'm of course worried I won't! But I agree, with my limit of help and time, it may be a good possibility! The price is actually the same either way, the time is just an extra half hour, but recovery, yikes! I saw my mom go through it and I just can't. thanks again for sharing!
I know this may sound a little crazy to you right now. I am sure the scar is a worry for you as it is with many here on RS. As long as you stick with a scar treatment as soon as you start healing it will fade. And even if it goes on to your hips your underwear will cover it. There is no dent at all on my hips from the scar, it is perfectly smooth. Mine started a little shorter than it ended up because of dog ears. But having dog ears bothered me much more than the scar being a little longer. Your trade off of getting rid of the excess skin for a scar is so worth it. I am almost 54 and wish I had done this 25 years ago. I had a pannus (apron of loose skin hanging) , it was a nightmare to have hanging off my body. With you being smaller than me and not having the extra fat on you like I have, I think your going to look awsome. Even without MR. You said your tummy is pretty flat now standing, so my guess is sitting it is the extra skin. This is the only way to get rid of the extra skin. To bad diet and exercise will not work! Not for the skin. Have a wonderful day!
Actually, I've had a surgery before for a cyst and I had a three inch scar that I can't find at all! I'm just worried about the dog ears you mentioned in your story! I'm scared to do it already, couldn't imagine having to go in for a revision. I have second preopp appointment in a few weeks and I wanna ask him if he can stop the incision right before my hip! Thanks for your response! It's all helpful!

Before pics!! TT, skin only, lipo to hips

I have my second consult this Thursday. I'm not sure about what I should ask. I don't wanna sound pretentious but I wanna make sure he makes my incision as thin as possible, and I know it has to be hip to hip, but my hips are pretty fat and I don't want dog ears (which btw the office had never heard of) so I want the incision to end right before my hip bone. Is this asking to much. To request this from my doctor that knows what he's doing! I'm still so nervous and I am def obsessed, on this site every night researching and reading others stories, and I now feel a bit depressed! I'm sure others have felt this too! I will be setting my date for November 1st. Any recommendations on questions I should ask?!

Good luck to you on your surgery! I originally thought I wanted a mini tuck, but the dr I chose actually went all the way around the hips. (He only took one pound of skin and fat.) He does that to prevent dog ears. I am 7 mo po. My scar is so low and right now is faded almost to white. Check out my pics and others who went to my dr... he always goes around the sides. If you trust your surgeon, I would recommend going with what he suggests would give you the best result. Don't be afraid of the scar. With the skin gone, your self esteem will soar! Best wishes to you :)
You will do great and have no problem going back to work in two weeks without MR. I go back tomorrow, just short of two weeks and I'm very excited to do so. (I did have MR) My PS went past my hips to prevent dog ears. I tried on several of my new VS panties yesterday and my scar will be covered. You will look great!

2nd consult! skin only (says my muscles are tight) with lipo all around hips and flanks

OK, so I went in for my second consult, just to ease my mind about my obsession I've started since I decided I AM doing this. Not as soon as others, but in November, I will be on the flat side like some of you ladies on here. All of your journeys have helped me know what questions to ask, and what is to be expected. LIke everyone else, I will keep track of my journey, until my surgery and thereafter. I am so excited since I was concerned about where the scar would be, and he said he is able to pull in (a new way) from my hips allowing my scar to not reach all around to my hips, to elimanate any dog ears. He is such a great PS and I am excited to see his work. He is going to make me beautiful I just know it. He said I will need to bring in my most skimpest underwear and he will make the scar there and it will be completely hidden, so now I am a hunt for "the underwear". haha. Victoria secret, here I come! I think I'll buy a g-string.

Oh and we have the same pre op stats for the most part i weigh 145 and am 5'1 so we r similar. Let me know if you'd like to talk.
Can't wait to see your results. I am sure you will look absolutely amazing. It isbthe countdown that is dreadful I thought I would never get to the day I didn't have to see the nasty pouch I was carrying around. Good luck to you and keep us updated!
Thank you.

Before pics! 150 pounds! Trying to lose 10 to 15 before surgery in November

Who is the doc doing your TT??
I'm stressing over trying to get down under 140! Do you think it makes a big difference in results! Did you have to lose weight before?!

Weight watchers

I just joined weight watchers so I can try and lose at least 10 pounds! Anyone else need to lose weight before going into surgery or recommended to?!

U r going to look amazing ! Good luck with ur coming surgery!:)

Depression

Anyone else feel depressed in the months before your surgery! It may be other contributing factors but I can't help but think the anticipation, worry, and excitement have contributes to feelings of depressed mood ;(

Good luck to you as well, y te deseo un buen recovery. You look great at your 150 pounds. My doctor said I could lose some extra pounds before the surgery but said it was not necessary. I told him my ideal weight would be 143 pounds but he just shaked his head and said, 154 is enough. Anyway I think I will get in to the mood for gym after the surgery as soon as I can and the flat tummy will help me to keep me on my track. Anyways good luck again and don´t worry to much, it will be over sooner than you think.
My normal weight even after my first two kids was always 137, but with my last, I've struggled to get under 150. I'm going on vacation this weened for my birthday and after that, I have two months to try and lose a little before surgery. I know it probably won't matter cause most of our weight is in our belly, lol. When is your surgery?!
Good luck! I think youll look great! I felt a bit grumpy these last few weeks anticipating the tt. Just let it roll and change thoughts!

Full tummy tuck, lipo!

Ugh, so I've decided to trust my doctor and worry about it later, recovery wise! Even though my muscles have little separation, I'm estimating it at 1 cm, very little, I'm going to let him do his work and make me beautiful! If I'm sound this, I might as well go all the way! I'm still going to tell him to go easy on the tightening, hehe! Wish I didn't need it but thinking of not having to ever suck in again sounds too good to be true! Ha

Thank you so very much!Your going to look great! make sure he makes the incision very low drill him on it show him pics of what you want and don't want.
Good advice!!! I did tell him! I actually told him I want it low and not all the way on my hips! I want my scar to end right before my hip line! We will see! He told me to buy an underwear and he will make the incision along that line......so I did! It's a tiny underwear, lol!
Oh, and he said there is a procedure to pull the skin in to also help sculpt. Was that what you had?! The pleating?!

Freaking out!

Okay ladies! I need some major positive reassurance! I'm not going to back out but I kinda feel like throwing my hands up and just accepting myself as I am! I am so worried about being our out! What if I don't wake up! What if there is a problem and I never see my kids again! Ugh, bad thoughts, please please go away! It probably doesn't help that my son is so scared something will happen to me! He is angry that I'm doing an elective surgery when I don't even have to! He doesn't understand! Am I teaching him to care about vanity and have low self esteem! I am showing him how to be so unhappy with your appearance and then how to fix it through elective surgery! He's 12 but remember he is the oldest and the man of the house since his dads passing in 2011. Help, am I doing the right thing! Why oh why do we have to take such a chance and why can't we know everything will be okay!
I'm hesitant and scared, yet I'm also excited about what could be, my new lease on life, my new happier sense of self! I just want a magic pill and make all the worry go away, and wake up with a flat belly and be healthy and alive! Please please and some positivity my way! I need it!

Aw your son is probably worried about being alone if he loses you since he has experienced the loss of his dad. Maybe show him the statics on surgery, Like nevertoolate says, your chance of not making it back from work on any given day are much higher. And what if it weren't elective? Still same risks. Idk if he can go to visit your PS / facilities and hear from him and the staff that they will make sure you get the best care and you'll be OK. I'd just try to educate him as much as possible. It is your decision even if he isn't on board, I know this hard. I had a hard time telling my daughter.
Hi hun, it might help to know you are not alone in having those thoughts!! Many of us have the same exact thoughts! I've been having them off and on and have seriously considered cancelling so many times. so the many ways I try to calm myself down is that the odds of me getting into a car accident are actually higher than something going wrong with the surgery. I also know I am in good health so I know that however long it takes, I will heal and get better. I did not tell my kids and they are adults!! I do not want them to worry unnecessarily and if I can help it, they don't need to ever know but I am guessing I will eventually tell them. also, I would suggest planning on taking more time off to heal since you have a physical job. It may be better to not see your patients than to give them less than your normal level of dedication and effort.

Booked!!!!!!!

Went in for my last consult and booked my surgery! I'm a little excited today and my surgeon is really such a sweet man. He makes me so comfortable. Good thing, I'm putting my life in his hands! I've got about one month to go.
He said I need to be on a liquid diet the day before!!!!! Recommendation ladies would be greatly appreciated!!
Im having full tummy tuck, lipo to my flanks, and he is placing a pain pump. Anybody have experience with a pain pump! He recently did a tummy tuck for his fiancée and he said the pain pump worked great!
Countdown begins, worry excitement all in one!

You already look great! I would be happy if my after pictures looked like your before pictures!
Just read your story and I too have all those negative thoughts that run through my mind but I know everything will be ok and I will be so much happier with myself afterwards! You're going to look fabulous
Thanks! Yup! I'm excited and scared! It's such a weird journey but as I'm getting closer to the day, I'm more excited than nervous! I'm not backing out! It feels surreal! I've wanted a TT for as long as I can remember! The fact that I have the ability to able it a possibility is really quite a great thought! Well wishes please, lol! I wish I could fast forward, ahhaaa

Less than two weeks......

So ladies, I'm almost there! I can't believe I've been stalking this site for months now, in preparation of my TT. Just waiting in results from my blood work. Medications will be picked up today, and the wait begins! I am excited to get rid of my extra skin, an awhile I was afraid of the surgery! I am now praying for my recovery! I just want everything to go as smoothly as possibly, does that sound ridiculous! It's going to be tough! I know, but actually I don't know! I am worried about the pain and any complications with wound healing! I ask all you lovely ladies who have been through it and who await there surgery for prayers and good thoughts! Thank you

Good luck!! Can't wait to see your results.. Ur goin to look amazing
Thank you thank you!! You too!
you have a tiny waist and gorgeous shape- your results are going to be awesome! i'm so excited for you.

About a week to go......is this really happening!

I am about a week away from joining the flat side! I know that some of you have given lists of things to get but I just feel overwhelmed! All I've gotten is a tv pillow and a walker! I'm hoping to use the walker to hold me up somewhat for the shower and the toilet! Ha! (I'm sure I won't be laughing then)
As for everything else, I was told by my PS office that I didn't need to but anything and they would provide me with my CG and anything else I'll need! My mom will be in standby to run and get me whatever I need so I guess I'll make a list! Other than being the busiest I've been in the last year, I'm anticipating the time off and life changing experience! I still have the dreaded moments of feeling "what if I don't wake up" but the fear is not great enough to make me cancel my surgery! I am just hoping my blood work comes back A okay! I had a weird experience at the pharmacy though I'm trying not to let it bother me! When I was having the pharmacist tell me about all the meds, when asked about the pain med, one of the technicians or whatever, gave me the dirtiest look, I don't know why! I'm wired so I was hoping it didn't mean anything! It wasn't a "don't do it" kinda look. It was a "I gave you the wrong med" kinda look! I think I may be hallucinating at this point, lol! But I'm now afraid to even take the meds she have me! This must be the stress right ladies!!
Anyhow, I'm attaching a few more pics! I've unfortunately gained 5 pounds and it shows, but I am really hoping to be one of those who losses the weight after! Never ending story I tell ya! At least I'll have a flat tummy, right?!?

I had to laugh at your comment at the pharmacy... I got the same reaction and I don't think their look was because of the wrong meds; more like they act like you are some sort of drug addict/criminal! My surgery is scheduled for a week after yours (Nov 6th) so I got the meds yesterday and that is how I interpreted the look! I guess they don't have people come in for heavy-duty meds (Dilaudid) much... BTW: good luck and I can't wait for you to post your progress and pictures! :)
Yes yes! She looked at me like us was scum of the earth, lol! I'm so glad to know I am not hallucinating! I was scared there for a quick minute!! Thank you! I appreciate the positive words. I need them! You are just after me! So exciting, right!! I hope I feel well enough to post here and will do as soon as I am able! Good luck to you too!
You deffently are going to need that walker. I wish I had got one.

Yikes!!!!! I'm almost there!

I am so excited! Today was my last day working until December! I am so lucky that I have so much support from my manager and coworkers! I am just one to have had a cosmetic procedure done! Two have had gastric bypass and then a body lift, and others have had lipo! It's really helpful to get all the positive vibes leaving today! They all are so excited for me! With that being said!
I am numb!!! Ugh!!!

Nervous, excited, I don't know how to feel! I feel like I wanna cry, but I can't even force myself to do that! I will probably cry when I leave the house early that morning! 4 am wake up call! I have to say goodbye to my kids when they are sleeping!
I pray everything goes well and I get to come home and recover with my kiddos right next to me!
My kids lost there dad a few years ago and I know they are anxious about something happening to me! But I know how much I want this and how much better I'll feel!
To all other TTers going into surgery this week! May your surgeries go well, good luck, well wishes, and thank you all for the support I've received from this site in the last few months!

As a therapist, I can't tell you how important the support of others is! Sites like these help others know they are not alone in there process! Much love to all of you!!
Here's to a new me! I wanna feel beautiful!!

Oh, and here is my new overnight bag! Hospital said, "pack and overnight bag" I said, "good excuse for some retail therapy"!!!

I will be praying for you. I have my surgery Nov. 1st. I am so scared and excited too!!
Thank you! Good luck to you too! Prayers for a speedy recovery for both of us.

Day before!!!

Liquid diet mall day!! Ugh!

good luck tomorrow! i'm going in too, so i'll be thinking of you. hope everything goes beautifully!
I'll be thinking about you too! Your going to look amazing! You already have such a tiny waist! Good luck!
I didn't do a light diet the day before. My surgeon didn't tell me to do that, don't worry hun you will be fine xo

Made it!!!!

I am on the flat side ladies! I can't believe it! I have little to know pain. More anxiety will all these beeping noises!

Congrats!
Great news :), can´t wait to see your results ;)
Well done! Post when you are able. I am a couple days behind you. I will be checking for updates so I know what to expect. Happy healing!

Post opportunity day 2

Well! I'm sleeping off and on! I've looked at my results just once while the doctor checked me out last night and this morning and it seems to look good! My belly button seems high but I'm sure that's normal! I have had little to no pain with the pain pump so if they offer it, take it! Btw, my doctor just told me he included if and I basically but my trust in his hands! I've heard other surgeons charge extra for this but he did not! As for my experience thus far! I must say it's better than I expected! I've only taken one pain pill and I think I need them more to sleep and take my anxiety away more than anything! It's difficult not to be anxious about pulling out a stitch or something crazy like that! I his want to heal as best as possible! I saw once side of bruising, which looks bad but again, I don't feel anything! As for my muscles feeling tight, don't feel that either! I'm eating at least three meals a day, very small amount! I got up and went to the bathroom 9 times at the hospital cause of the IV. But at home I've only gone a few times! It's much harder to keep fluids in at home! I do feel a little gas but no bowel moment yet! I've taken one colase and will take more tomorrow till I do! I appear to have little swelling and have one drain, draining very little! My dr has given me his cell phone so that he can be contacted anytime! He is going in tomorrow on a Sunday to give me my shot for blood thinning to prevent blood clots and also to give me down more solution in my pain pump to last me a few more days. I will see him Wednesday too and probably have all tubes taken out! He is getting married first, then meeting me, then off to his honeymoon! Now that's dedication! He has to have the best bed side manner Ive ever experienced! I mean, he has done surgery for my mom several of times, and he was my moms doctors surgeon too! He has 39 years of experience and it shows! I also received impeccable bed side manner from all the nurses at Hoagie hospital too! I will continue to update when I have a pic of my tummy! Happy healing!!!

So happy to hear you are doing so well! It has to be a relief to have it over with! Continued success in the healing process. If you have a minute, I do have a couple of questions for you... Mine is in two days and I am starting to freak out a little. Are you able to get into and out of bed unassisted or do you have to sleep in a recliner? Are you able to use the toilet unassisted? Can you bend over at all, like to pick something up? Any advice as to things you had on hand that made a difference or things you wished you had?? Thank you so much!!!
Okay! So no bending down at all! Hunched for sure! I needed assistance the first night at the hospital to go pee but here at home, I don't need assistance! I have a walker and that is helping tremulously! If I don't use it, my lower back hurts and I can't walk as long. Make sure you have someone talking care if your meals and other family members! You will not be able to do anything but survive! I'm on post op day 4. Yesterday was a bad day trying to go potty! Make sure you have peri Collace! It helps! I thought I was gonna faint though! Yes you will need a recliner! I have couches that have recliners so it works perfect! Make sure to have wipes and anti bacterial stuff! You'll want to keep as clean as possible!
Swelling!!!! Oh goodness... Morphine has worn off I'm only On the experel and Vicodin it's not fun

Feeling loopy

So This is the forth day post op! I am feeling kinda weird today! I really hate pain meds cause they make me feel weird and numb everywhere, but I wanna be able to function so I can get up enough! I know I am probably okay with not having a bliss clot but I'm anxious about it and that's really bugging me! I finally went to the bathroom yesterday but it was oh so violent! Peri Collace really works but it was not a pleasant feeling yet I knew I needed to go! So, my only advice is don't eat prunes, drink prune juice and take a peri Collace!
I just have the bundle in and even though it's uncomfortable and he told me I could move it around, I don't want to mess with my belly too much! Also, my stomach is very numb! I can't feel anything and that's a weird sensation, or rather, weird there is a lack of sensation. How are all my other TTers doing?

Hey lady, how are you doing?
Not too bad! Just started my period! What a nice addition to the healing process, lol! I am now just taking a half a Vicodin every four hours and this is helping, for anxiety, not pain! Got my drains and pain pump removed today and didn't feel a thing!
Hey sweety ! How are you feeling ? What's your progress so far ? Waiting on some updates from you :)

Post op day six!

Hello ladies! I am still feeling little to no pain! Got my pain pump and tubes out today! Didn't feel a thing! Got a peak and my tummy looks pretty good! Looks like he gave me exactly what I asked for. Was told to take a shower but haven't yet! I'll do it tomorrow! The only thing bugging me is the weird feeling of no sensation or feeling in my tummy by my belly button! Feels like I have a fake stomach on!! Can anyone relate, lol!
I am now just taking half a Vicodin and this helps to calm my nerves and let me sleep!
My period was a nice surprise....not!!
I'm feeling flat ladies but also scared to take my binder off all the way. Feels like it's the only thing supporting me!
I'll try and snap a pic tomorrow after shower time!
Hope everyone is healing well!
This will all be worth it right?!

lol fake tummy exectly, I feel the same and it´s been 2 months. It´s the weirdest feeling ever to be numb :). Hopefully it will come back but I rather have my flat tummy then having a feeling in my tummy, if it won´t come back lol.
Lol! Yea weirdest feeling!! I was just looking at your pics, I am a bit yellow around my belly, and it looks like you were a bit too! Is that just bruising? Also, you seem to be standing pretty straight at your 11 day post op pic! I'm still very hunched!
I am excited to see your photos tomorrow. I am doing mine on the 19th, so I am eagerly following yours since you will be a couple of weeks ahead, and I can look to your progress for info and milestones. Absolutely AMAZING that you have no pain at all. Not what I've seen in other people's stories. You are very lucky!

Nurse

By the way! For any of you in the inland empire, California and surrounding areas. I have a nurse I highly recommend! She has been coming over for a few hours a day to give me my blood thinner shot and help me out a bit! It's so worth the extra money! My mom couldn't just not stomach giving me a shot everyday!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Spanx

Ladies! My stomach is feeling hard especially around my incision!!! Normal?!?

I'm seven weeks po and still have numbness below my BB.  Sometimes this numbness stays forever.  Well, it's better than having a protruding abdomen and other fat rolls around the waist.  I have to say though that the numbness I have is less than it was even a month ago.  I remember my incision feeling very hard too but it has softened up with time.
The tummy feeling is bizar. I have it to but I'm starting to feel things coming back and not feeling as numb as I was earlier on. It does get better and returns to normal after a few years I have a friend who is 7 years po.. she said it took a few years to come back fully and remembers feeling that it never would be back.her incision is so hard to see seriously that have me so much hope!
Looking fabulous ms lady. Happy happy healing;)

New pics ladies!

One week recovery!!!!
Doing pretty well! Feeling more and more like myself! I'm a little swollen but not too much! Very hard and numb though! This is normal I'm sure!

Ya you'll be hard and numb for a few weeks. Then it'll soften up a bit and your be wondering if that's normal since you were use to being so hard! Or if you're like me you'll blame it on fat... Motivation!
How are u doing Hun? Thinking about u!
Hi there!! I'm doing alright! Finally put some makeup on today for the first time in two weeks! Feels great! Off to my dr appointment to get my stitched out so I'll let you know how that goes! I'm getting tired if not being able to walk normal but I know that will get better! Also, even though I didn't feel like I was swollen or bloated or whatever, my underwear are fitting tight so obviously I am, right? I don't know how many pounds of skin was taken off, but I do know that only 600cc's of far was taken which he said was only half a pound but I am down 6 pounds so that feels good! I'm really focused now in trying to lose another 8 pounds at least by the end of the year! Let's see how I do! How are you doing and feeling? How are your results looking?

16 days post op

Tracking my progress! I can see some shuttle differences!
I went in yesterday for my two week follow up and got my stitches taken out! She left one in where it appeared I had a little fluid, but other than that, all looks good and I was told to take it easy! I did not get the okay to drive yet, which is fine with me! It's so important that I don't overdo it so I recovery as best as possible! Pain level remains low with little discomfort! It really does get better everyday! I am still however taking a half Vicodin a few times a day and to help me sleep! Since I'm still sleeping sitting up, it helps me to be more comfortable! So far, I am very happy and grateful with my experience thus far! I am looking forward to seeing what the end result is and trying to be patient! Hope all my fellow tummy Tucker's are healing well!
Also, for those wondering what to buy! I found my list was small and I didn't need as much as other have suggested!
I used:
--Walker (for approximately the first three days)
I did not need to use it to aid assistance for the toilet or the shower! I was able to hold myself up just fine when it came time to take a shower as I was five days post op before getting the okay to shower.
--wipes, flushable and regular
--pads for extra drainage
--cough drops, they do help
--help with my kids for the first week
--nurse to administer shots
--thermometer
--pillows
--night gown or shirt that buttons in the front
--sports bra
--spanx (several sizes, and larger than normal for comfort, to wear under the wrap the dr gives you)
--water bottles
--peri collapse
--prunes or prune juice
--paper towels for after washing hands to decrease any bacteria from a hand towel
--antibacterial soap
That's about all I can think of as of now!

You look great! Congrats
Congratulations! You are looking fabulous!! Glad you went with the whole kit n kaboole (muscle repair) and got all this time off to recuperate. You can just focus on yourself right now (as you should). Happy healing vibes to you.
Thank you so much! I decided to put my trust in his hands and let him do what he thinks I needed! He is a protectionist so I let him, lol! The thought of never having to suck in again was too good to be true so I did it, and with little discomfort! I'm so glad I've have a good recovery so far, no pain! I am so glad too! Time will go fast enough and I'll be back at work!!! Your looking great too.....and now getting excited for boobies huh!!!!!

19 days PO

.....and I finally tried on one of my favorite dresses. Always had to suck in and I couldn't eat of fear of the bulge! It was sure fun seeing that flat belly!!!

As for how I'm feeling! Well I'm in some ways I'm feeling better but my body keeps telling me "too much". Thought I'd take my son to his doctor appointment and then to walmart, and then back home! Seeing the disaster my house is work me being out of order for a little over two weeks is displeasing to say least! I started making beds, and organizing when I ran out of breath! I think my back hurts the most and I feel a lot of muscle soreness! Just took a pain med so I should be feeling better soon, hehe! All and all, I'm so glad I did this and looking forward to my transformation in the months to come! Also glad I took four weeks so that i have more time to recovery and just experience this process!!!

Dang girl, you look so good... you must be absolutely ecstatic
Thank you! I'm still swollen but I'm trying to be patient!!! You have a few more months!!
You look great! So glad you are doing so well. I have a question though. Have you tried any pants on? I am a week behind you and though my tummy doesn't look all that swollen, it must be as when I tried to put on the jeans I wore the day before my operation they are not even close to fitting. In fact, I had to find a pair two sizes up! This is freaking me out a little! How can that be?! And even though I am not in a lot of pain, I get so tired so fast... Does that happen to you? Good luck and continued healing!!! :)

Almost three weeks PO

...and I'm feeling pretty good! I woke up today and realized I can stand more straight so I'm making progress! I really felt I'd never walk straight again! I have noticed gnat I'm nauseated throughout the day, and seem to have a little tension headache too! Maybe from sleeping straight up! I'm not sure! Updating a few pics. I don't feel much has changed! Still swollen a bit! It's still hard and numb but that's also getting better little my little! I do hope my belly goes down more! Unless I just have to lose some weight now, which I planned on doing anyhow!

How's the healing going? Are things getting back to normal now? Hope you post some updated pics soon
Hey! Nothing much has changed! My energy is almost back to normal! I saw a big difference at week 3. However, my swelling is horrible! I feel flat in the morning and by the end of the day, or even just a few hours after I'm up and about, whoa, uncomfortable swelling! Now I know what everyone is talking about!!
Looking good !!! I am two days Post Op :) feeling good. Cannot wait to be at least a week :)

Swell he????????

Ok ladies! I know understand what your all talking about! Thought I was doing well with the lack of swelling but I guess not! Can anyone give me some insight to exactly why we swell! I just don't understand what the cause is and how we can decrease the amount we swell during the day! It's very uncomfortable! Also, I feel like everything's eat upsets my stomach! I can't even enjoy food right now! ;(

On a positive note, I have felt a big difference at the end if three weeks! I was able to drive again which makes me feel good, and more back to normal! I spent all day yesterday shopping for the holidays which was fun! My back hurts less but at times really bad during the day with increased activity! I am almost standing straight and wearing flats, even though I'm missing my heals!
So overall, I am doing well, scar is still covered but is going to heal nicely I can tell! I some gathering of the skin at the end of my incision but I'm told that should flatten out!

For others not yet to experience this, it is a process and we won't be sporting our favorite little black dress comfortable for some time! I have one more week of vacation and then back to work I go! I'm nervous about my first day back, having ten clients back to back! But I'm looking forward to returning the my regular scheduled program ;-) I feel like the less time I have to think about recovery, the quicker the time will go!
Hope everyone is healing well, and for those still awaiting their surgery day, are finding each other's journey's useful! I know I have!

You look great! Im 6 wks and I just started to be able to eat without feeling nauseas or to full. Darn it..lol
I just read your comment. And I'm so glade I seen it. I thought it was me and something was wrong with me because out the blue I still get nausea. Ughh all day today I was. I'm 4 weeks today. Ty
Lol! I'm complaining about it yet I couldn't stop stuffing my face to relieve the stress before surgery, lol! We're never happy! Haha! It's making me eat less and healthier so if I don't lose weight now, I don't know I can! I'd still like to lose 10 to 15 pounds!!! Ugh! At least my belly is flat, lol

25 days pre-op

Some pre and post TT photos!

You look really great!! Congrats! I too have issues with eating. Dr said there's a lot of inflamation and that's why we have so much swelling. And of course what we eat/drink, exercise, and our time of the month affect it all too. I can't have anything with carbonation. So no beer or soft drinks for me. That's probably a good thing tho. I can drink wine with no probs. Also I have to watch all the sodium and even dairy for me. Dr gave me ok to wear spanx at 4 weeks and that was hard on me and made swell even more. I'm switching back and forth now with the spanx and CG. It's just not enough support with the spanx, but it's getting better. I'm 6 weeks Friday. Looks like lots of ups and downs for us all, I suppose.
You know! I didn't have a CG. My dr told me to just wear spanx, and they didn't have to be too tight, so I've been wearing spanx since week one! I've been experience ting with different ones, and all I can say is I can't believe you girls have been wearing anything tighter than a spanx! I thought if throw up with the smaller size on, lol! I don't know exactly what makes me swell, but walking seems to help! Ugh, by the time I figure it out, I won't swell anymore!! Wishful thinking, lol
Experimenting ^

Almost 4 weeks pre-op

Hello ladies! Hope all is well with everyone and your healing well, or becoming mentally and physically prepared for your own surgeries!

I don't have much to update other than to tell you all that the last few days I have felt amazing! I am able to go about my normal day with little discomfort! I'm not all the way standing straight but I'm almost there! I take a little more time and have to be more patient! It has taught me to slow down instead of rush like I always have! I think I may adapt this new way of living! I feel like I enjoy life that much more without the stress of rushing throught it!

This process has no doubt taught me so much about myself and I feel incredible lucky that I am on the flat side and my journey has been good, and that in general, I have so much to be grateful for! Sometimes I feel that this is so surreal! I still can't believe I did it, but I am SO happy I did!

I continue to wear spanx and my binder at night, and during the day I am wearing a compression tank top! This has been a life saver! I feel normal and ready to tackle my day! So much more comfortable than some of the other spanx, and I'm not even quite sure why we need such tight uncomfortable compressions anyway!

My appetite is still less! Not sure if this is physical or psychological but I'm okay with that, hehe! Hoping it aids in me losing the weight I was unable to before the surgery!

P.S. Reading through previous updates, I must apologize for all the typos! I didn't proof read before updating, and I rely way too much on auto correct!

Oh I sometimes wear spanx and the slimming tank during the day because I would swell so much! Anyway, you look great and happy thanksgiving to you! :)
You look great too!!! When did your swelling go away? Also, what purpose do you think the CG's serve! I mean, I hear it's to help decrease the chances of a seroma! Some doctors recommend them and some don't with little evidence to back that they even work! Weird huh?
I hate the typos as well or drives me crazy! You look great!!!! The swell hell is part od the program so try to forget it. Know that it does goes away.

Few more pics!

Tomorrow I'll be one month! I can't believe this time last month I was scared and nervous about saying goodbye to my kids and going in for surgery! I feel very grateful for where I am in the recovery process! I am not 100 percent but I'm doing good! I just become restless by the end of the day and I can't wait to get into my bed with all my pillows! I go back to work Monday and looking forward to it! Happy healing ladies!!

coke bottle! you look fab! when you wear that dress out, there will be trouble :-).
My new body shape is coke bottle!! ;) lol! Thanks! I was still. hunched in the pic!! Can't wait to wear it with some high boots!!!!
WOW!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl u look UNBELIEVABLE Stay Positive, As U ought to be!!! Beautiful

Five weeks post op!

Ok, these pics really put everything into perspective cause I'm not gonna lie! I have been feeling pessimistic about my results! Frustrated with the swelling, all day, everyday! Why can't we just feel the way we do when we wake up, geesh! Is that too much to ask for everything we've been through emotionally and physically!

I do see some areas on my hips that are either swelling or fat! Either way, I'm looking forward to putting in some effort to improve my final results, and to continue the lifelong battle with fat! Blah, blah! I sound excited don't I, lol

Alright, on a good note! I finally see some differences in my body with clothes on! Here I have compared myself before and after, same outfit, other than the is shirt is a green version of the pink shirt, haha, and the same jeans. Without any CG and in the mornin! Not sure if you can tell but the pants are bigger, fit differently, and the shirt fits differently too, actually having to tuck it in to look good! So, my body is changing, yea!!!

Oh and looking at my pics, some of you may wonder why I didn't get a breast reduction! I am now a 36f. I don't think I was ready or prepared to do both and they don't sag too much, I attribute that to relgiously wearing a bra to bed everyday! I suppose I'll need to do that at some time! For now, my tummy tuck has been an exciting journey!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained ladies!

Healing wise, first week back to work went well! Clients were happy to see me back and most showed up!! I sit all day so even after a light meal I was uncomfortable sitting down! Next week it's dresses for me! I think my period is coming and so I feel more bloated and swollen than last week! Also, my appetite is back, bah humbug, so even though I'm famished and eating my ass off, I regret it after the feeling I'm going to pop!!

The pics you added in the mirror in pink and black where you have a small "bump" due to the swelling (under header spanx)....that is what I look like now and I am a month out tomorrow. I am starting to get really scared mine isn't going to go down any more than that......
Yea me too! I'm going in for my follow up to address some of these concerns! Not that it will change the end result, but I do seem to have extra skin at the end of my incision that sticks out and my lady parts are swollen and that area of skin seems to be still hanging! I'm trying to be positive of the end result given the fact that I look better than before but this is a mental process too! Hope it gets better for the both of us!
Girl, I'm gonna keep saying it. . You look frickin amazing!!!! You have a gorgeous body and I pray mine looks like yours after!!!

Real self....I'm gonna be real!!

Ok ladies! I've had a really horrible last few days in my journey and I feel discouraged! I am really trying to be patient, but yesterday I had a meltdown! I know I can share that here since I know you ladies will understand! I appreciate it!!!! So, Here it goes.....

Yesterday I woke up in a bad mood! Blame it on hormones, sleep deprivation, stress from life and being back to work, and not feeling 100 percent! Whatever it is, I feel discouraged about my results! I will be 6 weeks on Friday! My clothes still fit tight, I don't feel different than I did before! I'm still uncomfortable in my clothes, naked.....and I feel like I have a phantom stomach! Like it's still there! Weirdest feeling ever I tell ya......But, it kinda is!
While my hanging skin is gone, the skin under my incision, my lady lumps, that's what it is now, is hanging! I can wiggle the skin and it still lays on my thighs when I sit! In underwear I still seem to have a lumpy and I thought that's what this would fix! (Told you, I'm a negative nancy today) I realize he can't fix everything but all I could think was, oh shit, I forgot to tell him I didn't want my vajajay to hang! I want it pulled up and pretty like pre baby!! I honestly didn't realize it did till after this surgery! Ugh! I wanted to wear a bikini but not if that skin is hanging there! I realize I still need to lose weight and that working out when I'm able to is a must but I honestly don't like working out! Gotta start running marathons or something fun! Hiking, swimming, anything but the boring gym!!

So....to end my rant, I was also feeling blah cause I went on a date yesterday and felt so self conscience like I did before! I know this is not a quick fix! It can't help how we feel from the inside, just because we change one thing! Beware: you will see other things wrong you with after! I'm working through this right now! I am a work in progress, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
To be continued......

P.S. Oh the date went well! We've been actually talking for two months but with my surgery (which of course I didn't tell him) we haven't been able to meet! It was an awesome time, but I still felt the way I did before! I really hope to gain my confidence back! He did say how hot and sexy I was and how attracted he was to me, which is all good!! What happens when I have to show it all, lol! Anyway, TMI, I know! Thinking ahead, yup!!!!

Off to bed now! Took half a Vicodin! Cramps are horrible and I have a few left! Might as well use them!

Thank you! I've had a few bad days so this made me smile! Thanks!

Oh I forgot......

Anyone notice extra flabby skin at the end of their incision! I'm afraid it won't flatten out and it's extra skin! It's not hard or swollen, it's squishy!! Dog ear?!

Hey..I read your story and I thinked that "wth did i wrote that!" Unfortunatelly I have the same negative thinking these days.I understand you well.I am crying crying..When i sit i have skin on my tight!We need to be patient and let's hope those are all swelling.Happy healing
I think you look effin' fabulous!!!
Your confidence will get better! You gotta give it time! This journey is definitely an emotional one!

Keeping it real again!

This has just been a difficult week in my process! Because I am back to work and back t my normal routine, I think I jus felt like I should be all done recovering and I'm not! I saw my doctor and talked about the skin under my incision! He said it may be fat and he could lipo it for me, however, dur to having a lot of stretch marks, and poor elasticity. It may always be a bit more loose than everything else. In addition I am not filly healed! I know I look better and I know my surgeon did a great job. I've just been wrestling with myself that I can't expect perfection!

My incision is healing nicely. Still some areas that seem a bit open but I can tell I'm still swollen some bit! While looking today I did notice a weird hard bump in my belly button. Anyone have this? Any ideas what it is? I'm really hoping it fluid or something and goes away! I did not see till today! I am posting a pic of this unsightly thing, lol

I think what I'm learning mostly through this is self acceptance! This is one emotional process ladies!!

Wow! Your scar looks awesome. I'm almost three months post op and half of my scar is still a dark purple.
Really? I can't tell! I think mine looks pretty good but it hasn't completely closed up! I do love the shape of mine thanks! The last pic of you you look amazing!!!! Blubber belly no more is right!
Hey idk if u can tell in my profile pic about my bb. From the first time I seen mine it was a swallon ugly hard ball looking. It reminded me of a bad outty bb. Which I've never had. I was so worried about it. But it's gone down a lot and looking better. We're going to notice new things as we are healing. Like for instinct I thought my scar was healing so good at six weeks now my stitches from the inside are starting to pop threw. It's very annoying and some of them hurt like hell. Do as u know it's a very slow recovery physically and mentally. I have my ups and downs too. But I bet u in another month or so ur going to be so happy. Hang in there.;)

Ok ladies.....6 1/2 weeks post op

....and I'm feeling much better today. This has been a good week compared to last week! While I'm still wrestling with a few things, overall I'm happy with my results! I think
1. I haven't given myself enough time to recovery! Things will still change and I have to be PATIENT!
2. I'm alive and doing well and aside from my belly button bump and extra skin, I'm still swollen and both these things can be discussed with my doctor at a later date or will get better over time!
I have to remember I'm only 6 1/2 weeks! My final result may not be seen for awhile!!
Mostly I felt when I saw the pic of me this morning that I look pretty awesome!

Just wanted to update for all you ladies who are following me, who've been there and those who will be eventually sharing the journey with me.

You look amazing!! Once you are able to go back to the gym and start working out I think it will help tremendously. I know working out was always a stress reliever for me. Happy healing !
Thank you! I'm happy that it seems that I'm finally losing weight! I really hate the gym, lol, but I'm lucky to be part if a club that has a pool so once I'm all healed up, I'm gonna start swimming! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm not sure if all you ladies know how helpful it really is!
See, this is where you need outside opinions, because your shape is so curvy and sexy! Please be kind to yourself, it takes a while and everybody is different. Love YOU!! xx

7 1/2 weeks.....

Happy holidays to all my real self ladies going through the process of pre or post tummy tucks! I'm happy to say that I'm feeling better! Finally losing some weight by eating right! I really feel like it's getting better everyday! I still have this feeling of a phantom belly, lol. At the bottom but my top belly feels amazing! I really do feel like I'm getting even more looks my way if you know what I mean! I think it's because my natural DDD boobs stand out that much more, haha! (See pic attached)

As for my healing! Looks like my scar is completely closed finally! I am still wearing tape everyday! I have not yet started any scar treatment and I'm not sure I'll need to! It seems to be a very faint line that will lighten with time! My next post op follow up January 23rd and we can discuss it then.
As for my bump in my belly and extra skin below! I feel much better about it, but I will discuss with doctor! As he said before, it could be some fat and he will lipo it, but I can't see myself doing anything else but we will see! I'll keep you updated as to if I decide to do that or not! As the the bump in my belly. It seems to be flattened out but still thinking it needs a little snip snip. Again, I'll talk to him next month!

I'm completely standing straight and do not get tired anymore! I am basically back to normal and getting used to the new old me! What an emotional journey this is! Do I say that every time I update, lol. Because it's true!

U look amazing:-)
You have the biggest boobs I have ever seen. I LOVE huge boobs lol. You are are tiny and little and look aweseome. You are gonna get there one day at a time. xoxx
Lol! My tummy may be fake but my boobies are all natural, lol! I really should have gotten a reduction, which some day I prolly will, but everyone told me not to....lol! Thank you! I'm giving it time and feeling better everyday....and look at you, you are one hot momma! Now if I could get half as fit as you! ;)

Happy new year...81/2 weeks post op

...and happy new me! Guess what ladies! I'm 8 1/2 weeks now and slept on my belly for the first time last night! Making progress!

I must say, I've been feeling pretty amazing these days! I really do feel like a new improved me and it's only just begun! This surgery is not a quick fix. We have to continue to transform our bodies! I still wear the tape all day and change it about twice a week! I see my surgeon at the end of the month and will discuss any concerns I have! But I seem to be healing pretty well. Still worried about the bump in my belly button but I don't think he can do anything about it just yet anyway! The only thing I can say about recovery at this point is my stomach still feels very tight, like I'm wearing tape on it, but I can stand upright for the most part! Now stretching, not so much! I feel like everything is still healing and don't wanna rip anything.

Very happy I did this for me and happy to buy some new clothes soon to show off this new tummy ;-) it's so fun to put on any dress and it looks good! Who would have thought!

You look great! Love your curves!
U look great..I'm five weeks po and thought my waist would be smaller...I'm so swollen all the time! I guess I need to be patient. U look great!

11 weeks

.....I missed a Week of updating but here I am, a week away from the three month mark! My stomach seems to be softening up so that feels good. Also, I am really getting used to the feel of my new belly! It no longer feels like I've attached a fake belly onto my body! I see my PS next week and I am going to talk about the bump that has still not gone away and what seems to be extra skin under my incision and on the sides! As for my incision. I love it. I know that's a strange thing to say about a line from hip to hip but it really doesn't bother me at all! It has however become more redish in the last few weeks but I know this is part of the healin process. I'm very happy with my results! I do still have some hardness and swelling on the lower part and left side of my incision that I hope goes down soon!

Question for all my tummy Tucker's?!? While standing of course I'm flat, but bending over I still have excess skin. It isn't completely flat! Just wondering if anyone has the same thing? When I sit or lay I also seem to have excess skin at the end of my incisions. I know I didn't want a long scar but would this have been better if I did ask him to extend it longer? Just wondering.

Hope everyone is doing well. While we anticipate for what feels like forever our surgery, the time after surely goes by more quickly!

Hey there!I am at my 11 week.I have the samething!When i bend over i have excess skin too also when i sit have a puffness or fat on my laps (dont know how to express) I hope they will be gone at the end of 6 months
Yea I hope so too! I honestly just feel that we have to be realistic about our final result. My doctor said it could take up to a year to see the final result! They can't make us that flat if we are not at an ideal weight! If we look at our before and after pics, we sure look much better!
You look fabulous! I did a post on my Review on 'why you're not flat as a board'. It may help. I have excess skin too when I bend over.

16 weeks post op..

Hello to my real self ladies. I haven't updated for quite some time. Not much has changed. I've actually gained a few pounds since surgery much to my dismay. Still loving my results. I still have the bump in my belly button which my surgeon will remove if it has not gone down on its own by April. My scar looks great and I still have some extra skin and fat but I will have to tackle that on my own. I can't stress enough to you ladies that this isn't a quick fix. Yes my belly is flat now , and yes my extra skin is gone, but if you don't eat right and exercise, the fat will come back. I have not been diligent in my efforts and this I know. Overall, this is still the best decision I've made for myself. It still at times feels unreal that I did this, survived and now I get to enjoy my new body. I feel a new sled confidence I didn't have before and for this, I'm grateful! I just have to work on maximizing my results is all.

Hey girly how are you!? Any new pics? Want to see how fabulous you look!!
Hey sweetie! No new pics! I look the same! I've actually gained five pounds that I'm not too happy about! Overall I am happy with my tummy and love how much more comfortable I feel overall. You look amazing! How do you feel?!
Oh my gosh girl... You are lookin like swim suit model!!!! I've always wanted one of those suits too but I think my ta tas will hang to low for it, lol. Next surgery right
Dr Malcolm Paul