Septorhinoplasty Review - Newport Beach, CA

Love my new nose!!! Had my surgery a little over a...

Love my new nose!!! Had my surgery a little over a month ago I had a really tough nose my left side was completely twisted,I had a deviated septum from a break 10 yrs ago after my nose break I really disliked how my nose looked :( before the break my nose wasn't the perfect nose but I wouldn't of needed rhinoplasty if my nose never had been broken so basically I disliked having a nose that shouldn't have ever been...

I had to choose my surgeon wisely due to the trauma to my nose from the break I decided on Dr.Elam due to his experience/credentials I do know for a fact if just a plastic surgeon whom was not an ENT also would of not been able to correctly fix my nose for function as well as aesthetically I'm grateful I was able to have Dr.Elam as my ps..I can finally breath out of my nose properly as before I had no idea how messed up my left side really was after my surgery I couldn't believe how great it felt to actually breath :) ahhhh feeling fab!!!! And for the icing...Dr.Elam had given me such a perfect nose for ME..fits my face perfect in every way...from the perfect lil slope right down to the perfect tip to match not too pointy not too round..

I'm still early in my healing process as its becoming less hard and more refined..now my recovery by all means was not a piece of cake like some I see on here wearing makeup a week after etc...I was very swollen more so on my left side as Dr.Elam had to completely rebuild it using some cartilage out of my septum..I was very sore and I stayed that way for awhile after my surgery ...patience is a virtue for sure at first my nostrils were uneven my tip was big but now after a month everything is coming together even nostrils perfect bridge work,my left side is still a lil more swollen on the side of my bridge but getting better each day!!!! Well that's been my journey/recovery up until this point and I couldn't be happier

Is Good to hear your progress because I had rhinoplasty with Dr. Ellam in August06 and I'm still swollen I guess your right patience is a virtue
Hey prettydiva hope all is well!! Yes the swelling and bruising for me was bad!! I still wake up in the morning with a swollen nose but as the day goes by it gets better..still alot of changes going on my columnar is still swollen it seems and my tip is still hard so still a ways to go for me ..yep long process but not for others guess it depends on what was done...keep me posted as I'm still noticing changes I'm a lil over a month post op..

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! Your recovery sounds a little harder than most, but it sounds like it will all be worth it for you. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

Pic

1 month 2 weeks post op

Pic

One month 2 weeks post op

Before pic..... mmmK angle but you can see the tip is round

More pics during my cast days and early in recovery

I don't see any pictures you posted. Please upload.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Couldn't be happier love my new nose!!! Dr Elam is absolutely the best at what he does he is a true artist!!! A++++++ Dr.Elam and staff exceeded my expectations on so many levels I couldn't say enough wonderful things about my experience!!!