Love my New Profile!! - Newport Beach, CA

I have wanted to have my nose fixed for years and...

I have wanted to have my nose fixed for years and I could not have chosen a better surgeon! Dr. Elam and his staff are amazing. My entire experience has gone incredibly well. I followed the pre-op instructions to the tee and I feel like this was so helpful in my healing. I barely had any bruising around my eyes and the pain was basically nonexistent. Just as others have reported, the first night is the most uncomfortable. You are breathing through your mouth so keep water and mints next to your bed. I am currently on day 5 and still sleeping with enough pillows to keep my head elevated but I am able to do my normal daily activities. I rest and ice throughout the day but feel great. Can't wait until Thursday to have the cast removed.

I cried when the cast came off!!

I was so nervous going in to have the cast removed…more than I was the day of surgery. I think it was because I had wanted this for so long I wasn't sure what to expect. I remember when I was 23, I worked for a large company and a girl who I thought was my friend was wearing the glasses with the nose attached (a large nose) and I came around the corner to hear her say "Who do I look like with these on." They were, of course, laughing about my nose. I'm 40 and that has never left me because it was so hurtful.
I trusted Dr. Elam completely, I didn't take any pictures in for my pre-op of the nose I wanted, I felt that he would just know what he should do with me. He did...My nose is BEAUTIFUL!!! The minute he handed me the mirror after removing the cast, I cried seeing my reflection. I was me, just a softer version of myself. I picked my son up from school and his reaction was "Oh my gosh mom, you look so beautiful. You always looked beautiful to me now you look so, so beautiful." I love Dr. Elam so much for (crying now) what he has given me.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Elam is a true artist, an exceptional surgeon and a wonderful man!

Woo-hoo! I'm glad your experience has been good so far. Please let us know what you think when your cast comes off.