Finally Doing It- Nose Job - Newport Beach, CA

I have been to see several doctors over the years....

I have been to see several doctors over the years...mostly to gage cost and other information regarding the procedure. When asked what I didn't like about my nose, I got kind of awkward. I think it's difficult to discuss this with a stranger without feeling like you're being silly or petty. I didn't want to sound like a dumb girl and I was really self-conscious about my perceptions.

Most doctors basically just said "yeah, I'll do your nose." Then send me in to see their financial admin person to discuss money. I never felt like there was a connection or understanding about what I wanted to look like and this was 50% my fault due to lack of communication.

I continued to search for doctors and set up an appointment with Dr. Aaron Kosins in February of 2014 (this past Feb). He wouldn't let me get away with not telling him about what I saw in my face. He had me look in a mirror and tell him what I didn't like and even made suggestions to open up the floor. I can't really put into words how this helped me communicate with him, but I found myself being very open and honest about my expectations and desires.

My forehead is very flat making the slope of my nose seem kind of strange. I have a very wide tip (twice the width of the distance between my eyes) and huge flared nostrils. Both are rather concaved and I am not symmetrical at all. I also have a hanging tip.

Anyhow, I knew that I wanted to book surgery with Dr. Kosins because he made me feel comfortable and has included me in this entire process. I see myself actually being friends with this man. He is kind and truly concerned about how I perceive myself. He clearly enjoys his job and really wants to make people happy and confident.

My surgery is in 2 days (June 6).

I will be posting again soon!

Today is the day!

So it happened. I'm in pain, but it's manageable. I'm pretty loopy so I'll keep this short... I was in surgery for about 4 hours so I guess it was a little more extensive than we all initially thought it would be. My upper lip and forehead are completely numb and my upper teeth ache, but I'm doing just fine. There is some bruising under my eyes that I can see now that I'm home.

Old nose

Forgot to post pre op pictures.. I snapped some at work in the bathroom so the lighting in a little creepy, haha. Here ya go

Day 1 night time

Super swollen. I keep icing, but my face has blown up. I don't really care... At least the pain has subsided pretty substantially.

My doctor text me a picture that he took after surgery. The upturned tip will take some getting used to.

Day 3

Cheeks are crazy swollen. I'm super uncomfortable and the splint in my right nostril is causing a lot of of pressure/pain. I just can't wait till these are taken out.

Day 3/4?

If I count the day of surgery as day 1 then today is day 4.. I feel so much better. The splints are a pain in the *ss but I pop a pain pill and I feel nothing. My cheeks are swollen but I finally got to shower and rinse my hair out.. I was too afraid to really wash it because I have staples from the skin graft. I'll try washing it tomorrow. If this is what it's like from here on out.. I'm pretty happy. The first few days were a NIGHTMARE.

Day 6

Wow.. Doing great. I feel good. I've been able to clean around the house.. Go for walks... Play with my dog, etc. Zero pain just stuffed up. Cast comes off tomorrow.. Can't wait.

Cast off!

Omg the splints are huge. I understand why I was so uncomfortable now. No pain when having them taken out... It was just utter relief.

Unfortunately, my doctor put me in a splint afterwards and it won't come off until Tuesday. My nose looked great, though. I'll post pictures on Tuesday.

This is how today went:

Assistant took me back, took the staples out of my head (for my skin graft), then removed the stitches. The stitches were only painful are the bottom if my nasal tip and it stung .. Like plucking your eyebrows so nothing intolerable and it was short-lived.

Dr. Kosins came in and removed the cast (totally painless) and then removed the packing and splints. Holy gross... I had a ton of giant snot clots and blood so I totally understand how and why I was so stuffed up. It wasn't painful just felt kind of strange but it was all a total relief. He taped my nose up and put the splint on and sent me on my way. I'm comfortable and happy. I don't mind the splint.. It's supposed to reduce swelling and expedite the end result so I'm not complaining.
Dr. Aaron Kosins

Would love to see pics of how it turned out! I have a similar nose!
You have a beautiful face. Can't wait to see pics of this nose!
I love to hear you saw several surgeons until you found the one you felt most comfortable with. I was so very close to have mine in May but I had a bad gut feeling. The picture the doctor took looks good. You going to love your nose. You did all your homework and now you will be happy!
So did you get your cast off today? I'm so nervous to get mine off being Im so swollen yet. Trying to remember it takes a while for the swelling to go down
Can't wait to see how your nose looks! It will be great! :)
Love the surgical nose pic! Your new nose is very appealing. Congrats on the change. :)
Hope your recovery is still going well. The picture from surgery looks so great, I think you'll be thrilled with your results!
You look great already! Do you know if the doctor used an open or closed method?
I actually don't know... I know he did a lot of work so my assumption is open since you're pretty limited with closed.
Did you ask specifically for the doctor to take a photo of your nose right before he put the cast on, or is it just something that your surgeon does? Your nose looks wonderful btw! I have been wanting to know whether I will be able to ask my surgeon to take a photo too, so I know it looks okay before the cast goes on. Looking forward to seeing your progress!
I didn't ask him to take the photo.. I guess he did it because he was really happy with the profile and wanted me to see. I didn't get to see the photo till after the cast was put on and I was in recovery. I was too drugged up to remember but He texted me the picture later on. I don't think you will be able to see it before the cast goes on.
Ooh I think it looks wonderful. Couldn't be better!
Good luck with recovery! I just know it will turn out great! :)
I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. I have a very similar nose to yours. Are you by any chance Jewish?
I'm actually Irish, Mexican and Arabic.. Not sure where my nose came from--I'm the only one in the family with it.. Or I WAS :)
Congrats, I definitely have the same exact feeling. Where did I get this nose from? No one in my family even has it. Hopefully, soon I won't either.
Wow! You are going to look breathtaking with a smaller nose. Hope your recovery is easy. x
Congrats on the surgery! by the way you have such beautiful eyes! and keep us updated on your recovery process! xx
Today is your day! Thinking of you and hoping all goes well. When you feel up to it, please update us on how you're doing.