Roses Are Red, Tulips Are Small...- Newport Beach, CA

The great lip gene (much to my dismay) went to my...

The great lip gene (much to my dismay) went to my younger sister, and I wound up with a small lower lip and a non-existent upper. In my 20’s I got away with those lip plumping glosses (Fusion, Venom, etc.) but I began to wonder if I shouldn’t step it up and try a little longer lasting solution. I’ve been wanting to try a little filler but, I’ve been a little apprehensive about taking the plunge. However, while at an appointment with my surgeon (who did my breast aug last September) I mentioned that I was curious about trying a little filler in the lips. Next thing I know, I made an appointment and a week later, I handed over my virginal lips and off we went!

After the “dental block” (ie shot to numb your face) I couldn’t feel a thing so it was pretty relaxing during the 20-30 minute procedure. I left with my whole lower half of my face swollen and completely numb and thankfully, didn’t have to go back to work. I don’t know how women with jobs pop in for some lunchtime plumping and then go about the rest of their day like business as usual! I couldn’t barely talk for the first hour after the procedure! After a couple hours, the numbness wore off, and my lips began to really hurt. The day after they were still fairly swollen and I a small bruise had developed (somewhat concealable with makeup) and lasted for about 4 days. Don’t get me wrong, I still give this a worth-it rating b/c after a week, when the swelling went down and the bruise disappeared - I love the results! The only question now is, how I am going to be able to keep this up without my co-workers wondering if I have perhaps become a victim of domestic violence every 5-6 months!?!? Haha! Guess we’ll see!

Thanks for sharing your experience... I am in Orange County also and I came across a Groupon deal for $99 a $200 value. Could you help me out in telling me if this is the same thing that you got. It does say its for Restylane. I am just trying to make the best decision and I am scared to inject anything into my face/lips so I just need to make sure I good wisely. I don't know if you are familiar with Groupon but if you are, you can search Orange County and just search Restylane. Perhaps if it is - then you can use the voucher yourself for your next treatment :-)
the ten min after side view looks fine Don't worry :)
Looks great!!
Great pics! Thank you for posting. Your domestic violence comment was something I'd say. Just ignore the PC police.
wow they look so natural, especially from the side. whereabouts in newport did you have this done?
Joking about domestic violence...yep, that's always fun and appropriate. Keeping it classy... Your lips don't look huge and too unnatural...I wouldn't worry about it.
Oh yeah, I think domestic violence is real funny. Give me a break - clearly my tone was lost on you. It was a nervous joke/laugh born from a legitimate concern as I did have to use a "I-walked-into-a-door-type" excuse on a couple of co-workers in reference to my bruise/swollen lip.

I've always wondered how people go back to work after the "lunch time" procedures as well, with the swelling and redness and makeup smeared here & there.

Thank you for posting such great pictures!! You certainly photo-documented this perfectly!! Your results look really nice & natural, more full but not overly done. :)