Roses Are Red, Tulips Are Small...- Newport Beach, CA

The great lip gene (much to my dismay) went to my...

The great lip gene (much to my dismay) went to my younger sister, and I wound up with a small lower lip and a non-existent upper. In my 20’s I got away with those lip plumping glosses (Fusion, Venom, etc.) but I began to wonder if I shouldn’t step it up and try a little longer lasting solution. I’ve been wanting to try a little filler but, I’ve been a little apprehensive about taking the plunge. However, while at an appointment with my surgeon (who did my breast aug last September) I mentioned that I was curious about trying a little filler in the lips. Next thing I know, I made an appointment and a week later, I handed over my virginal lips and off we went!

After the “dental block” (ie shot to numb your face) I couldn’t feel a thing so it was pretty relaxing during the 20-30 minute procedure. I left with my whole lower half of my face swollen and completely numb and thankfully, didn’t have to go back to work. I don’t know how women with jobs pop in for some lunchtime plumping and then go about the rest of their day like business as usual! I couldn’t barely talk for the first hour after the procedure! After a couple hours, the numbness wore off, and my lips began to really hurt. The day after they were still fairly swollen and I a small bruise had developed (somewhat concealable with makeup) and lasted for about 4 days. Don’t get me wrong, I still give this a worth-it rating b/c after a week, when the swelling went down and the bruise disappeared - I love the results! The only question now is, how I am going to be able to keep this up without my co-workers wondering if I have perhaps become a victim of domestic violence every 5-6 months!?!? Haha! Guess we’ll see!