Not if You Are Under 50!! - Newport Beach, CA

In September of 2007 I had my first permanent...

In September of 2007 I had my first permanent makeup experience when I decided to get the lash enhancement done. This procedure is not so bad since they just place tiny black dots in between your lashes to give them a fuller look. In fact, I was so happy with the results that I decided to get my eyebrows and full lips done as well - HUGE mistake!

As far as the eyebrows go, I think I look much older now and they are way too dark. The lady matched my dark brown hair but normally eyebrows should be a bit lighter. So I have very dark eyebrows now and they have begun to fade unevenly with the right one lighter than the left. I really would not recommend this unless you have extremely thin brows and always pencil them in.

For the lips, that was definitely one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made! The idea seemed to make sense since I have very faint lips and thought it would be nice to have them shaped and tinted all the time. I intended to get just a light natural-looking tint that would look more like a lip gloss color as opposed to lip stick. But it is really hard to get the color just right because everyone's pigmentation levels are different. My lips are now a bright tangerine color and I am spend much more time covering them up everyday with powder/foundation than I would have spent applying lip gloss. It is also very embarrassing to go swimming or be in any situation where I am not wearing any other makeup or cannot cover them up because they look sooooo bright and clown-like (the gym, the pool/spa, tropical vacation, etc...). I have searched high and low for a method to lighten them but my dermatologist says they should fade over the next couple of years. Blah! Oh yeah, it makes the teeth look a little yellow as well :(

When I compare before permanent makeup photos with after ones, the before ones are always better! I looked younger, fresher, and just more naturally attractive in general. Now I look clownish. I just recommend for anyone considering getting permanent makeup:

• Do you really NEED it (have a scar that doesn't let brow grow, etc..)
  • Do you want to have a dating life (because my last boyfriend asked "why are your lips always that bright color" - 99% of guys prefer natural!). If you are married, make sure your hubby won't be turned off because I have heard of that happening, too.
  • Imagine waking up and looking like a clown or when you are at the pool/gym - trust me, not places where it looks good to have a fully made-up look.
  • Don't do this impulsively...really think for a while about it and research to find the best possible person to do it.

*Remember it IS permanent and you cannot be 100% sure of how the color is going to turn out on your skin...

Good Luck!

my lady did not do a bad job as far as staying within the lines but the color turned out bad so I don't want to recommend her. I don't even think she is in Newport anymore.

What do your eyebrows look like now?
Can't you go and get your lips corrected with a violet corrector by another artist, that's highly qualified.
Yes some very bad experience CDs from The Lotus Institute Gold Coast Queenland from Sabina Murvat Roughton have been reported. Be very careful who you go to. They may have some pics of good work but check how long they have been doing it for.
I am sorry you have had a bad experiance like this. I got my PMU done a very long time ago in Germany and i LOVE it, I especially love the convenience about the fact that i can go into the pool and come out with my eyebrows and Eyemakeup still on and not running down my cheeks ... I work in the Tattoo industry and got certified years ago in Germany with a top of the line Company to become a Permanent Makeup Technician and I must say, that if it is only the color, then you should go back to your Tech or to a different one and find out, what they could do for you, if you got too much of an orange tint in your lips - that is really not too hard to fix. A good technichian can do that. Any Peachy color on your lips will naturally make your teeth appear more yellow, but that is also the fact with lipstick or gloss. There are just some colors that do that. If you work over your lips again they can become much more to your liking, trust me, at one point in my i had a dark coffe brown lipliner and light shading in the lips and you cannot see it anymore after going over it twice with some cherry and pink. My lips look fresh and in a natural color now. I know, it is easier for me since i can do it all myself and do not have to pay the price for each session, which can vary extremely depending on the region i suppose, but you also got to understand that PMU is not a Tattoo in the traditional way, but rather a process that includes follow ups and touching up on regular (3 -5 years) basis to get it exactly right and to look its best. The same with your Eyebrows, get that fixed and done more to your liking, remember its not a onetime deal ... (Maybe you were not informed thoroughly enough about that.) And that is true, PMU c a n fade uneven because of alot of factors . Waxing Sunlight Depth and Quality of the Pigment in the skin and and and... Also in my years of experience i have worked with quite a few women in their early twenties and they were always happy with the results... Again personal experience i had no trouble with adding botox to my forehead or Hyaluron fillers into my Lips in later years... To this day, I am so happy that all I need to do in the morning to look my best is to apply some mascara, and that is only because i cannot find another good Lashstylist for XtremeLashes® anywhere in my Area. I hope you find an expert in your area to work with you ! Good Luck
Hello Sloan, you seem to be a very competent PMU professional. I see you're in NC, but do you ever come to NYC by any chance? Also, do you do correction work? I had the eyeliners and eyebrows done very badly quite sometime ago and am hoping to find someone who can correct them if there's a way. I never did my lips (am scared to try now) but I would with a very competent and conscientious PMU professional. If not you, do you happen to know such professional in NYC? Thanks ever so much fro your ideas. :o)
How can you fix Lipliner if they went way above the Vermilion border. You can see the color of my face in between the line and my lips. My top lips are so large I look like a clown !! So sad :o(
I too think the lip job is very flattering. It looks very subtle in the pics, not obvious or overdone. Even though your opinion is the only one that matters. :)
I had my permanent full lip make up done 3 wks ago but my lips are very dark!!! I am so frustrated. I can't talk to people because of embarassment. Does anybody know why my lips turned dark purple instead of pinkish? I don't remember the name of the color I chose but it's like pink. Is this some kind of scar? I am asian and the reason why I wanted to get this done is bec I have dark lips (but not as dark as the one I have now). I am afraid to get my touch up done 4 weeks from now. It might make my lips more dark!
Unfortunately, people with dark lips are not good candidates for lip tattooing. I know that there are a few practitioners in the US that seem to have been successful with it, but it is not advised by the Society for Permanent Cosmetics Professionals which is the largest professional organization for cosmetic tattoo pratitioners in the world. It is generally ill-advised to try to put a lighter color over a darker color. Where do you live? I may be able to find someone who can do this or correct it. I would not go back for your touch-up and you could also ask for your money back. I have been doing permanent makeup for eight years and I tell clients that I cannot do it and few can.
I'm sorry for your experience. One of the laws of color is that color never lifts color, especially going from darker to lighter. Your artist should have taken your lip color/undertones and ethnicity into account when taking on this job and when formulating your color. One good thing and HOPE is that this color will continue or begin to fade some more as it is not uncommon for PM LIP applications to fade up to 70%. I would absolutely be patient and if you are that unhappy WAIT another 4-6 weeks to see what the final color will look like. I would then proceed very cautiously especially if using same artist. Ask questions and if not sure don't do it. You could call Kolorsource in Hawaii and talk to one of their representatives and tell them about your issue. They are awesome and sell awesome products. If they have a solution for you you could tell whomever does your touch-up so they could get necessary products. I hope you get what you need, Christine Collier at DOXA Permanent Makeup 601-347-6512

I am a Permanent makeup artist and can give you this idea. they have a product called vanish and it really does work on the lips. I have used it when someone has changed their minds on a procedure. They are California based so they might be able to find someone there that does this procedure. you can also use anti-aging products that have a lightening agent in them. Your dermatologist could write for Blanche this will help lighten your brows and lips more evenly. Best of luck Brenda

After years of abusing my eyebrows starting at age 13 I decided to get permanent brows at age 45. Over the years I plucked, shaved, waxed by brows into oblivion. It got the point they would not grow back properly. This is one of the best things I ever did for myself. I got the upper and lower eyeliner too. Now I never have to worry about how my brows look. It does fade considerably over time and I go for yearly touch ups.
I am a practitioner and I also have my lips tattooed. You will not be able to tell how your lips will look until at least three weeks after your procedure. If it really is too far outside your lip line when it heals, get some consultations with other practitioners and make sure they have been in business at least four years. Consultations are usually free. There are other ways to resolve the problem.
Don't go. Find another solution. It can get pretty ugly.
I'm sorry to hear that! They will look pretty puffy for a while. What color did you get? Mine are just starting to look natural and it has been around 3 years but I did take very good care of them at first... always applied the vasoline to keep them moist, etc... It may help to not do that but I am not sure. I started having my esthetician do light microdermabrasion on them (and my eyebrows :/ ) along with a dab of glycolic for minor peeling. I think it may have helped a bit - it definitely helped on the brows but the skin on the lips is so different! I also went swimming in chlorine often as that is supposed to lighten them. Blah! It's been work and a huge regret but they are almost back to normal now and I just put a little foundation on them before leaving the house followed by a light lip gloss. But they will look worse before they look better - especially if it's only been one week. Is this your first treatment or second (I had 2 under the promise that it would look better after another treatment, which was supposed to get the color lighter)?
The exact thing happened to me, so I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I'm wearing my grandmothers bright coral lipstick and it is devastating! I just had my procedure done about 4 weeks ago an my lady is telling me that in permanent makeup it is easier to lighten dark colors or mute out bright colors than it is to ad dark colors to lips that are to light. Does anyone know if she is correct about this or should I assume she doesn't really know what she's talking about? I am so scared to go back her for fear she may make a bad situation even worse...help.
I know how you feel too, I feel like an old lady that doesn't know how to put on lipstick. I just had my full lips done one week ago and I am so sorry I did it. The lip liner is above the lip line (on top) and my lips still hurt. I spoke with the woman who did my lips and she said they are still healing and should be fine, if not she can inject some type of acid in (the same way she did the color) once it is healed and explained that it will hurt more and this will take the color out, has anyone heard of this? I am so upset with myself for not doing more researh on this. I am now walking with my head down and trying to cover up my lips, this is crazy. Does anyone know the best way to remove this lip liner, is there anything that I can do now so it will come off easier in the future? Please Help?
Did you get this problem resolved?
Maria!!!! You just had it done only one week ago. Please don't do anything that may make it worse. Let it heal and the color will lighten. Give it about 3 or 4 weeks. Are your lips very thin and that is why she made them over the natural line? If so, it may help your lips? No, I'm not a permanent makeup operator, but I had 2 procedures done which I consider botched jobs, and also like you, was desperate and ran all over to find someone to erase them, etc. I didn't find that, and I'm glad since the colors subsided significantly so I didn't have to get any expensive, useless and risky erasing procedure. Take it easy and walk with your head up. No one notices little details on your face as you notice them. They will lighten. :o)

I agree with the other ladies posting! However if you are not happy with the outcome, it's very easy to do a color correction with a slightly browner tone. this will warm the lip and make it appear much more natural as opposed to looking like lipstick. Perhpas you feel the color is not suitable for everyday wear, and if that's the case..you should go back to the original artist and have her darken/tone them down a bit. I think you will be very happy with the results. i've donme it on many ladies who feel the same way you do. The goal should be to create definition not a harsh makeup look.

Seriously, don't do it.
Yeah, I think you might be overreacting a bit. Your lips are a lovely color in the second photo, and the gloss makes them look fantastic. And if your boyfriend is wondering why your lips are always red, then tell him. If he's shallow and makes a big deal about it, then he's not much of a keeper then, is he?
I think the second pic looks a ton better! the first pic is done in a cooler tone light. The second pic over all looks warmer, your skin and everything look a different color. Second pic makes you look much younger, you need to relax and accept them, that is the only way you will be happy is to accept them. They are so pretty, your just not used to them being different.
You're screwed in other words get used to it and move on until they fade. Permanent makeup is not a solution. You can achieve the same color with a warm tone lip color.
Dear ____, I believe your story, even though some of the other commenters didn't. Pictures can be deceiving; if you feel that your lips looked better before the tattooing, then I'm sure that they did. My lip tattooing came out nicely but it faded fast. I realize that different dyes do different things. I hope that your lips fade fast too.