Breast Lift Combo with Tummy Tuck - Newport Beach, CA

I am one week post-op and had a tummy tuck and...

I am one week post-op and had a tummy tuck and breast lift. I have three children and after pregnancy my body was a bit wrecked. I am a petite woman (5'2" and 120 lbs pre surgery). My breasts had stayed really large from pregnancy and had stretch marks and sagged. They were heavy and I even fell out of XL swim tops. Because I was thin everywhere else, my stomach also made me look about 4 months pregnant. I even had a coupleof people congratulate me on my pregnancy. I also worked hard at concealing guy stomach, skinny jeans and float tops. All dresses looked awful on me. I started considering surgery.

It was a difficult decision, I'm not a high maintenance girl. I didn't want to become a typical "OC housewife" and have people look at me and think "where did she get her work done?". Believe me, there are plenty of women in Orange County who overdo it. I didnt want to be that woman. Was I being selfish? Was vanity getting the best of me? All those things ran through my head. But on the other hand, I wasn't comfortable in my own skin, I didnt like the way I looked in the mirror. I hated the fact that shopping for a dress or swimsuit would be a day where I felt bad about myself. I hated that I was extremely fit but yet I couldn't get rid of loose skin.

I saw many surgeons asking for options. Could I get away with a non surgical option? Each time it was the same answer - your skin is stretched beyond repair, your muscles have separated - hernia likely- you need surgery.

I ended up selecting a Dr. in Newport Beach. I felt better because he recommended that I not combine lipo with my tuck and lift. That shortened surgery time to under 4 hours. After grilling a friend who has the same procedure, I signed of the dotted line. She warned me the first weeks rough!

Prior to surgery, I was too nervous to focus on it. I made the decision and there was no turning back. I had my husband take off work, got someone to watch the kids, I was ready. (or so I thought)

Surgery day was fine, I wasn't nervous,was confident in my surgeons the surgical team. I remember telling the anesthesiologist that I get nauseous really easily. They nodded a started wheeling me to the OR. I was out before we left the door. The next thing I remember was shapes and voices. Someone helping me out of a car into a recliner. (My surgeon uses an aftercare nurse that stays with you overnight in her home). I remember trying to focus on her face but I was too dizzy. I rested and when I finally was coherent called my husband. That first night was a blur, I was heavily medicated but the next morning i was walking with my nurse around the house. She said I would recover quickly, i was hopeful.

She drove me back to the surgeons office. I have no memory of the drive. I was to see my doctor. He came in to discuss surgery mid sentence I got woozy and had to lie down. The nurses fanned me until i felt better.

The next two days went well. I was hunched, on pain meds, and felt pretty good. On day 3-4 things went downhill. I was dizzy, nauseous - felt horrible. It was a bad few days. My husband was stressed I could tell. I was feeling beat down. This was way harder Thani thought it would be.

I went on Zofran to help with the nausea and stopped all narcotics to settle my stomach. They also switched out my antibiotic. I feel better,feel hopeful. I will get through this.

I'm on day 6 post-op now. I have no pain. My breasts look great and they were quite the pleasant surprise because I had little expectation going in. I'm not making judgment on my tummy results,not yet,but i can tell you I think I will be happy in a few weeks.

Would I do it again? Breasts yes, they're cake compared to tummy. Tummy, maybe... But my guess is that may change as I recover.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Lovely surgeon, lovely staff - no regrets - very responsive.