Male Neck Lift, Lipo, Platysmaplasty - Newport Beach, CA

I inherited a fat, loose jowled neck under my chin...

I inherited a fat, loose jowled neck under my chin and despite only being in my early 40's it was already getting fairly pronounced, so I chose to have a neck lift / platysmaplasty with some lipo to get it all put it all right. I underwent the procedure on an outpatient basis under light (non-general) anesthesia, in the same office that I had my consultation in. The procedure took about 2-2.5 hours, and I was semi-awake and completely comfortable throughout. I was able to leave the office about half an hour later with my family.

The first couple days I spent with my head wrapped up, then transitioned to a stretch head garment which I wore the first week, taking off only when I needed to shower, walk the dog, clean the incisions, etc. I took the pain medicine I had gotten prior to surgery as instructed and aside from a tightness in my neck I had very little discomfort.

I am now one week post-op and just had the stitches removed today. Everything is healing perfectly and my neck is starting to feel less numb and tight. I have stopped wearing the head wrap, and have no dressings of any kind. Aside from putting some ointment on the incisions (under chin, in front of and behind ears hidden in hairline), I have little to do other than keep the sun off the incisions, wait, and heal. I do have a fair amount of neck bruising pretty much from the collarbone all the way up to my jawline, but that's to be expected and even after only a week it's fading considerably. I'm on a moderate activity level and per the doctor should be able to do even more (including jogging) next week.

Overall, it has been a very smooth, stress-free experience. The results, even at this early stage, are incredible - much more defined jaw and chin, and a neck that has a visible adam's apple - who knew that was hidden in there all this time?
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

After meeting several other LA area surgeons and not feeling they were the best choice for me, I met with Dr. Sadati and his staff. I knew he had gotten excellent reviews on this site, and I discovered there's a reason for that. Many reasons, in fact: He and his team were by far the warmest, most professional and most genuine group I met with. Their office is immaculate - very clean, tidy, and tasteful. Dr. Sadati himself took a genuine interest in my case and spent a good amount of time with me during my consultation, answering lots of my questions and asking me many in return. He is an excellent communicator and gives an honest evaluation without trying to sell you on unwanted/unneeded procedures. He also did a great job of setting reasonable expectations. After meeting with him and his staff, I knew I'd found my surgeon. I highly recommend him if you are considering a procedure.

Yay for the visible Adam's apple! Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. If you'd feel comfortable sharing them, we'd love to see your photos, even of just the lower part of your face.