Lumpy Lips After 11 Months - Newport Beach, CA

After a Newport Beach plastic surgeon attempted to...

After a Newport Beach plastic surgeon attempted to fill the dent in my upper lip with juvederm, I was left with two huge lumps on either sides. He said the dent wouldn't take the juvederm. After enduring two miserable weeks of my disfigured lips I got the enzyme injected to dissolve the juvederm. It's been almost one year and I still have two lumps on either side of the indent.

I've included a photo from 7 months after the initial juvederm injection. At 8 months I had a nurse inject another syringe of juvederm and had good results besides the lumps still being present. And I've included a photo from today, 11 months after the initial injection. The lumps look permanent. I've had one consultation with a facial plastic surgeon who suggests it is stretched skin and can only be removed with surgical excision. I'm having another consultation with a different plastic surgeon next week for a second opinion.

I didn't think skin could be permanently stretched like this from juvederm. It must have been about half a syringe injected in two spots in the upper lip. Also, I did make the mistake of taking advil that week and had really bad bruising.

I want to rid my upper lip of the two lumps. Is surgical excision the best option?
I've never heard of the skin being stretched either.  Let us know how your second consultation goes and thanks for sharing.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon