Invisalign Express - Newport Beach, CA

So my teeth are fairly straight despite not having...

So my teeth are fairly straight despite not having braces, however, I did inherit my mother’s crooked bottom teeth, and when she was in her early 50’s, they began to crowd and cross in the front. She now is 62 and is constantly having to have her lower front teeth bonded as a result of her top teeth chipping away at them as they are out of alignment. Recently my place of employment added orthodontia coverage to our dental plan and they will cover $1,500, so I figured for $700 why not take care of this now while it’s a minor issue and avoid what my mother is going through.

I qualified for the Express plan (10 trays) and hopefully I will be out of this in 5 months! I have been in them 1 week so far, and I can say that it’s definitely been a little more cumbersome then I imagined. I’m a very snack-heavy type eater, so I’ve had to adjust that habit. Even only taking them off 3 times a day, my fingernails are really sore and I haven’t mastered talking without a lisp yet. That’s pretty much where I am at now.

I switch to Tray 2 on the 10th! 1 down 9 to go!

Movement!

I just started Tray 5 late last week and when I went in I had to have space created on both sides of the main tooth I am trying to move. Man, did that suck. We first tried the manual way, by which the dentist takes what looks like a small razor and literally "saws" back and forth between the tooth. No fun. When that was taking too long, he graduated to an electrical machine. It was still not a nice feeling, but it got the job done much faster. I popped tray 5 in and off I went! Half way done, half way to go!!!
Dr. Marshall Young

I found Dr. Young through my sister who used to go to him. I had been going to another dentist in Irvine for 7 years and he quoted me $3,600 for the Invisalign Express kit. My sister told me to just go over to his office and ask for a quote. Good thing I did! Dr. Young gave it to me for 2,200! And Jana at his office is absolutely amazing! She expedited my records and got me into my first tray a full week earlier than expected! Love them and will probably switching to Dr. Young’s office full time!