Invisalign Express - Newport Beach, CA

So my teeth are fairly straight despite not having...

So my teeth are fairly straight despite not having braces, however, I did inherit my mother’s crooked bottom teeth, and when she was in her early 50’s, they began to crowd and cross in the front. She now is 62 and is constantly having to have her lower front teeth bonded as a result of her top teeth chipping away at them as they are out of alignment. Recently my place of employment added orthodontia coverage to our dental plan and they will cover $1,500, so I figured for $700 why not take care of this now while it’s a minor issue and avoid what my mother is going through.

I qualified for the Express plan (10 trays) and hopefully I will be out of this in 5 months! I have been in them 1 week so far, and I can say that it’s definitely been a little more cumbersome then I imagined. I’m a very snack-heavy type eater, so I’ve had to adjust that habit. Even only taking them off 3 times a day, my fingernails are really sore and I haven’t mastered talking without a lisp yet. That’s pretty much where I am at now.

I switch to Tray 2 on the 10th! 1 down 9 to go!

We just got another Invisalign Express review!  Her name is Liz_Whooo and she's in California, too :D.  Brand new to RealSelf.

So have you switched to tray 2 now?  It said on the 10th.  Have you mastered walking without a lisp yet? ;)
Naturally beautiful teeth :D.  It's great to get this done now, just like you said, and so cheaply!  And then you can wear a retainer for the rest of your life and never have to worry about your teeth shifting forward like they naturally will do.  It looks like you have a few attachments on pre-molars/molars?  Are retainers included in you overall Express contract?

Thanks for joining our Invisalign community!  It's not often we get Expressers :)
Hi there! Yes I forgot to mention I have 7 buttons so far and I think I get one more in a month. The buttons a rather annoying. I've gotten used to the feeling of them without the retainer on, but they make me feel like I have stuff in my teeth when I'm eating. Plus I think they stain much faster than my natural teeth. :/ They already look different in color than day 1. As for the retainer....I don't think that was in the contract but seriously, Dr. Young and Jana are so amazingly laid back about the payment procedure that I'm not really worried about it. They made sure my insurance submitted a statement stating they would cover $1500 (before we started) so that I'm not on the hook for it if they try to back out. This makes me feel like they have my best interest at heart. (My other doctor was going to make me sign a paper that said if the insurance doesn't pay, I'm responsible for the debt. I completely understand that, but the fact that Dr Young's team went out if their way to contact Delta Dental and get it in writing is awesome. They also said I don't have to pay the $700 until my insurance coughs up their portion. In fact, I actually haven't paid for anything thus far! All that said, I'm not really worried that they will put me in something super expensive post treatment, so if it's a few hundred for a retainer, I'm cool with that.

Movement!

I just started Tray 5 late last week and when I went in I had to have space created on both sides of the main tooth I am trying to move. Man, did that suck. We first tried the manual way, by which the dentist takes what looks like a small razor and literally "saws" back and forth between the tooth. No fun. When that was taking too long, he graduated to an electrical machine. It was still not a nice feeling, but it got the job done much faster. I popped tray 5 in and off I went! Half way done, half way to go!!!

Interproximal reduction (IPR)--one of the most un-mentioned tools of orthodontia.  Good the doctor had the machine to speed it up!  All of my IPRs were done with the electrical version.
Dr. Marshall Young

I found Dr. Young through my sister who used to go to him. I had been going to another dentist in Irvine for 7 years and he quoted me $3,600 for the Invisalign Express kit. My sister told me to just go over to his office and ask for a quote. Good thing I did! Dr. Young gave it to me for 2,200! And Jana at his office is absolutely amazing! She expedited my records and got me into my first tray a full week earlier than expected! Love them and will probably switching to Dr. Young’s office full time!