Purchased Groupon Deal, but Not Happy with Result

The people at the office was friendly and the wait...

The people at the office was friendly and the wait was about 20 minutes.
I purchased this deal through Groupon for fractional laser.
I was told the procedure will feel like I have a really bad sunburn.
If I knew how painful it will be, then I rather not do it.
I as in pain during the whole procedure.
I was in severe pain for over an hour after the procedure.
I was told it is not painful, but the truth is it felt like someone used a hot
iron onto my skin.

I was told not to wash my face for at least 4 days and used Aquaphor on my skin to keep it moist. The skin on my face begin to smell bad & I have to be very careful not to scratch my face when it itch.
I have to make sure my skin does not scab. I look really horrible for the 1st few days. I didn't go anywhere and was inside my house all the time. My skin did bleed during the healing process and I just put Aquaphor on it. I was told not to use any antibiotic oilment on my skin even when I bleed.
It was very uncomfortable during the nights because I am trying to sleep on my side to avoid getting Aquaphor onto my sheets, blanket, and pillow cases.

I don't see any result and all that pain for nothing. I wasted $1450 which probably can feed many hungry children in 3rd world countries and wish I done that instead of giving it to line the doctor's wallet.

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

I was told it is not painful so no need anything to numb my skin. For me it was extremely painful and felt like someone used a hot iron onto my face. The procedure was done by Dr. Richard Weiss. It took him less than 25 minutes to do my whole face. I thought that was fast, but I didn't care. I just wanna get the hell out of that place and never repeat this procedure ever again. I healed well and waited and waited, and waited & I see no improvement in my skin. I see absolutely no benefit in getting this procedure. I wasted $1450

I think this doctor is a fraud too! I rather go to someone with better reputation. This doctor only had one positive review in 2007 and the rest is 2009 to now. How fake!!!!!! Dr. Weiss has been practicing for over 3 decades. I bet he removed all the negative reviews on Yelp and some of the sites that he can control. His good reviews sound just too much of a damage control thing than a real review. Why only one review on this doctor in 2007 and nothing before that time?????
Groupon is a scam! You get what you pay for. If you are going to do something as serious as Fraxel you should definitely not only consider price but as well as skill of the technison as well as reputation of the office that you are having your treatment at.
I had mine done by a very skill dermatologist for $2500. I didn't feel any pain because he injected me all over my face to make sure I feel no pain. He didn't charge for that . That is what other doctors usually charge for $500 more. I used a very experienced dermatologist and he was super careful and asked me a lot of questions before he begin He took his time and didn't rush. Why did you go to an eye doctor for such a procedure??? I think your experience would have been better if you go to the right doctor to do that type of procedure. From what I notice doctors that offer Groupon Deals have lack of business. They do what they can to keep their business open by offering cheap deals. The one did mine is excellent. I checked him out for a while and make sure there is not one single negative review before I decided to use him. I had used this doctor for treating rashes and other skin condition. LIke the old saying good doctors do not have to advertise all over the internet. Please be careful not to believe everything positively written about the doctor(s) on the internet because some are paid advertisement. I bet you didn't read about this doctor before you signed up with his Groupon Deal. You should check out some of his reviews. If he is so great, then why wasn't there these amazing reviews about him before 2009?? Several other people also came to the same conclusion I have about his doctor. I think he is unscrupulous and always have an agenda. People should always try to ask for references from a close friend, referral from another doctor or family members when picking a doctor for anything. There are just too many of them. And lastly I do agree that you wasted $1490. $1490 can feed many hungry kids anywhere in 3rd world countries.
I also booked to have this treatment, but luckily the beautician was honest enough to tell me this procedure is very painful . I cancelled
It was super painful and I am glad you didn't go through with it. It hurts more near the more sensitive parts of the face such as nose, close to the eyes, mouth and the boney area.