Facelift - Newport Beach, CA

I finally decided to do it, after 5+ years of...

I finally decided to do it, after 5+ years of dissatisfaction with my looks. My external appearance seemed completely out of synch with how I feel--so after quite a bit of research I made an appointment with Dr Grover.
Because I work in Healthcare my concerns were not only for aesthetic results, but also for those of health reasons. Dr Grover struck the right balance between those two concerns.

5 weeks post op I feel much more confident with my appearance. I would recommend Dr Grover and his team to any one considering a procedure. I experienced only pain consistent with my expectations, NO nausea, and a speedy recovery. Comparing my experience with that of a friend, Dr Grover's staff prepared me for the procedure far more complete. Written information I received was clear and understandable, and office staff was great! I was always well informed.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I did have a lot of swelling and still residual numbness.....but again, I was extremely well prepared and able to deal with it.
Could you please post some pictures as it is not clear what you had done. I can get a lower facelift here in Tampa for $5000. Glad you had a good experience. I had one in 1997 and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. No regrets but now I have to have a touch up 20 years later.
I had a full lift with upper eyelids. Should also mention that I am 66 so my recovery is longer than that of you youngsters in your 50's
What's your age?
I'm 66
I'm turning 65 this month so I am concerned about the recovery time. I live alone so how many days do you realistically feel I need someone here or stay with friend? I may get some lipo on outside of legs and cut a little fat pad out of the corner of my eyes. That all comes to about $7500 at Premier and the doctor has had 30 years of experience and it's not the Lifestyle stretch but another doctor was saying they are a "corporation" In this case, I'm not sure that is a bad thing or not. I would say both doctors spent pretty much the same amount of time at the initial consultation and the Premire doc has more experience for more years and it's more convenient in terms of driving etc.
Chellamia, I'm 61 years old and I had half pineapple juice a day for 14 days prior to surgery , is a natural intinflamatory (bromalin ) also citrus juices with ginger . I would say 72 hours are the critical time, and lipo is some discomfort but with pain medication well tolerated. 1 week with company on the safe side. Good luck !
Elsita, Thank you for the helpful tips. I also just got some homeopathic arnica and creme as well for pain. I wonder why some doctors recommend cutting under the neck and other's don't? I don't like the idea of scaring and I seem to recall seeing that and it looks a little unnatural.
Lucky you.......sounds amazing.

Thanks for sharing your experience! What did you not like about your face that Dr. G. was able to improve?

Do you post pics?
Sorry, no. Don't want to be too public.
What I did is crop pictures I have posted here so when looking at only the eyes or lower face, nobody will recognize you...just a thought. BTW, I don't want them to cut under my chin and one doc wanted to and two others said not necessary.
So glad you had such great results and with little or no pain and or swelling. You are one lucky girl!
When I was 48...I was in Costa Rica and fortunate to be in a private home for about a week and a maid brought us healthy drinks and the doctor came to the bedside. It is all a blur now but I recall that after the first week, I was up and around and going on some tours to the volcanoe...we stayed at the Grande Hotel and it was wonderful. The other woman was a BIG smoker and she had a TERRIBLE TIME and couldn't join me. I would go back but now that whole thing would be about triple what I paid in 1995 and I'm more aware of consequences and I want a doctor who is nearby if there is any problems.