44 Year Old Not Ready for Jowls or Bags! - Newport Beach, CA

At some point no amount of exercise, eating right,...

At some point no amount of exercise, eating right, sleep, or sunblock, can prevent hereditary aging around the eyes and jowls forming around the mouth. This was true in my case and I was desperate to turn back the clock without looking like I had "work done." If it wasn't natural looking, I wasn't interested. Thank God for Dr. Elam! Dr. Elam performed a brow lift, lower blepharoplasty, liposuction around my jaw and neck, buccal fat removal, and a chin implant. To say I AM THRILLED with the results is an understatement! Not only did Dr. Elam restore youthfulness, he also gave me something I never even thought possible- a wonderful profile I actually don't hate!
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

A 5 Star Rating Isn't high enough for Dr. Elam and his staff! Before I started the interviewing process, I did my research and resigned myself to needing a lower face lift to stop the jowls forming around my lower face. It seemed like this was the only option despite the fact that I am only in my 40's. Dr. Elam was the first doc I interviewed (out of six!) He told me I had good skin and didn't need a face lift yet but could accomplish the same results with facial liposuction, buccal far removal, and a chin implant. He also said a brow lift and lower blepharoplasty would also restore youthfulness to my upper face so everything could look harmoniously youthful. I was thrilled to hear I didn't need a face lift but also a little scared about the other procedures recommended. For example, I thought my baby fat helped me look youthful. Was the buccal fat removal really a good idea? And what about the brow lift? The thing is Dr. Elam is an artist as well as a perfectionist and wanted to maximize my potential. How can I make her look like the very best version of herself and never look like she's had work done? The bottom line is I interviewed five other docs and all of them said I would need a face lift to get the results I wanted as well as some skin resurfacing. Really? That was a lie! What I really needed was Dr. Elam! I am BEYOND THRILLED WITH MY RESULTS! I hope the photos I've included do Dr. Elam's work justice! Also, Dr. Elam's entire staff is AWESOME! I believe they treat each patient like a VIP! Superbly kind, compassionate, patient, AND professional. Every time I was anxious or nervous Lupe, Jody, and Kari were there to do whatever necessary to make me comfortable. Seriously- don't waste your time or money with anyone else! I already told Dr. Elam he is forbidden to retire!

Forbidden to retire...lol! I'm glad you're so thrilled with your results. Were there any rough patches during your recovery? What was the hardest part of that process?
Well, I think the hardest part was it took me longer to recover than I expected. I knew other patients two weeks post surgery already looked great with minimal bruising and that's what I expected. At two weeks, I had bad dry eyes, swollen, and still bruised. I felt like I was the bride of Frakenstein and it was emotionally taxing. However, Dr. Elam and staff assured me it would all turn out great and in the end it did! The pain was minimal in my case. I took one pain killer the day of surgery but none after that. By the way, I would never let "just any doctor" do liposuction on my face. Dr. Elam, I believe, practically if not literally, wrote the book on liposuction. It is one of his specialties, along with brow lifts, and noses, and chin implants.... (: I imagine if done by the wrong doc, it could be lumpy and a nightmare!