Very Uneven to Acceptable - Newport Beach, CA

WHY I DID IT: From the time I began to develop...

WHY I DID IT: From the time I began to develop breasts, I knew somethign was up. The Left Breast grew and the right just never caught up. By 16 years old, my breasts did not grow anymore. I was stuck with a nice average B cup on the left and a shapeless small A cup on the right.

I bought creams, pills and padding. Only the padding helped. I missed out on beach summers and laid back spaghetti strap tees or even backless tees (my dream top as a teen). Not to mention 2nd base (hehe).

At 20, I finally had saved 50% of the costs. And as a birthday gift, I got the rest.

WHAT I DID: I researched a LOT. I read "Best Breast" (find on Amazon : ISBN-10: 9780967031101). The book helped me in asking questions. Went to 5 doctors: 2 in Beverly Hills, 3 in Newport Beach. Ranging from $3500 to $9500.

Dr. T ($5,000) said I could easily get it covered by insurance since my breasts were so uneven that it could be considered reconstructive surgery... But I didn't have insurance. He also said I could opt for silicone, since again, my breasts would be under reconstructive surgery... But I wanted them NOW, so i didn't do the paperwork he needed. Back then silicone was reserved for "special" cases I guess.

I ended up choosing over the muscle, saline implants. As far as sizing, I went with a full 36C. Now a 38D because of weight fluctuations.

POST OP: I did not have much pain. I was stiff for a while, and back to sleeping normally in about 4 weeks. The implants were high, but gradually lowered into a more normal position.

It has been 8 years since I underwent the procedure. I'm very happy I did since for me it was a necessary procedure. The scar is visible, but not horrible. I'm mexican so the natural pigmentation does show up in contrast to the lighter skin around the areola.

Pros: equal size and larger breasts.
Cons: implant can feel water-bag-like.

* when i got my surgery i did NOT expect perfection as i did not have perfect breasts.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

The doctor was able to answer all my questions and make suggestions for my body type. Also, the Dr. did not try to push additional procedures. Informed me of alternatives for products and payment.

I am thinking about saline under the muscle. I'm hoping that I have enough "me" to make them feel less water baloon-ie.
Kristi, it's very likely I will be undergoing an implant revision within the next 2 years. As of now, from what I have read, I think I will go or the silicone, probably under the muscle.

Wish you luck will be looking for updates in your profile/story!!!
what was your doctors name?
Sorry for not replying earlier, been busy with school. It's Dr. Thomas Toohey in Newport Beach, CA.
Thanks Angiemcc! I'm very happy with the results.

Well, you certainly look very even now! Thanks so much for sharing your photos and story here on RealSelf.