Ten Years Later and Still in Pain - Newport Beach, CA

I wanted nice breasts. The pockets were not...

I wanted nice breasts.

The pockets were not correct.  The bottom left breast was too low and hurt non stop.  And the breast were too close to each other.  Now I have a condition called symmastia. He went back and tried to fix the pocket 6 months later.  But about a year and a half later the pocket ripped open again.  I was in constant pain until I had a another doctor work on it two years ago.  Unfortunately the second doctor did not try to mend the middle.  He attempted to enlarge the fold on the outsides of the breast.  Of course this did not seal the skin back to the breast bone.  Now I have to go to ANOTHER  doctor who specializes in symmastia.  After this surgery I will have spent 22k trying to fix Dr Bivens mistake.  Not to mention all the years of discomfort I have had to live with.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

In 2002 Dr Bivens worked in Atlanta GA at Premier Image Cosmetic and laser Surgery. I got liposuction and a breast augmentation. He contoured my stomach and inner thighs. To be honest, after the surgery the liposuction looked really good. Unfortunately he cut a nerve in my leg and I was semi paralyzed in one leg. I had to be carried to the car after the surgery and I could not walk for 2 weeks. Luckily the nerve endings grew back together with in 6 weeks and I haven't had a problem since. However I cannot say the same about my breast aug. The practice he worked at was not helpful. So what is my advice? Be sure to go to someone who has an excellent reputation and specializes in the surgery you want. Cheaper is not cheaper when you have to redo the surgery THREE TIMES.

That's really interesting! Hopefully you'll get some feedback from ladies who've been successfully treated for symmastia.

Hi! I just met with a Dr who has "invented" a procedure to treat the issue. He said he completely cuts out the old pockets and creates new ones. I'm hopeful. Thus far it appears to me that once the pockets are messed up the subsequent treatments are temporary. Is this the case with other people? I would like to hear from someone that has had ideal results. Thanks Lisa

I'm really sorry you aren't happy with your results. You might want to connect with another RealSelf member, Ariana, who has dealt with symmastia as well.

Hello anybody that can help with pain and tingling. ..im thinking he damaged a nerve