HELP- 28 Year Old 2nd Breast Aug! (Photos Attached) - Newport Beach, CA

I had my first breast aug when I was 23 years old-...

I had my first breast aug when I was 23 years old- saline implants. Went to a Dr. in Newport beach well known- board plastic certified. I was happy with the size however I always felt they were somewhat too high and too firm. I knew saline was not as “natural” as silicon so I just settled and my Dr would always say they looked great and there were no issues. He said they were high because I’m young and fit and the muscles are tight so I believed him. At age 27 I had my first daughter and after a year of breast feeding my boobs were smaller, not perky, and wide apart. In May of 2012 I had them redone (same dr) for silicone- because I wanted fullness and cleavage. I specifically told my Dr I wanted them to be fuller on bottom all around not just on top like the first time.

There are 4 photos attached. The ones with band aids are days after surgery the other 3 were taken today (2/1/0/13). I haven’t seen my dr in about a month or two but they weren’t too much different than the ones you see. He told me just to wrap an ace bandage around my chest to compress them down.

They look hideous to me! They are way to dam full on top and the side view just doesn’t look right. Is this capsular contracture? Bad Dr? Or will they drop with time? This is depressing! Appreciate any genuine professional feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for sharing. What does your surgeon say about the likelihood of them dropping more?

You got an awesome doctor response. If you'd like more, you can try posting your question with photos in the Q&A community.

Please keep us posted in this space on how you're doing and feeling about your results!

Steph: Happy Valentines Day. Firm breasts ( post silicone augmentation) can result from several factors: One can have a capsular contracture as evidenced by hard breast that do not move when you push the implant up and dowm, and to a lesser degree, side to side. The most common reason in the early post op period is bleeding,sometimes surgical bleeding, frequently medical bleeding b/c the patient did not abstain from antiplatelet drugs such as aspirin, fish oil, vit E, and motrin/ibuprofen. If this is the case, there are a small group of patients that are successfully treated with oral Accolate for about 3-6 months. Some (not myself) advocate closed capsulotomy in which the surgeon sqeezes the firm breast until the capsule pops. It get instantly softer. It hurts and bleeds internally and has nearly a 100% recurrance rate (because the bleeding around the implant causes contracture). Sometimes the pocket around the implant is too small/tight or the implant is too large and crammed into a small space and either the pocket must be revised (made larger) or the implant exchanged to a smaller implant. Were the breast hard prior to the exchange? Was your system clear of antiplatelet drugs listed above? How big are the implants and what shape? Do they feel stuck? As far as increased cleavage, do not push for it! In order to increase cleavage, the surgeon must divide the medial aspect of the pectoralis muscle which increasesthe likelihood of synmastia (uno-boobs) such that they have a full time connection to each other in the middle. Also, it would cause the position of the nipples to deviate abnomally laterally (outward). In other words, your cleavage is best difined by your natural breast tissue and muscle that you present pre-operatively. One gets the illusion of increased depth by implants (esp high profile implants) but closeness is be left unaltered.

Size of my implants are 450/425. They were not...

Size of my implants are 450/425. They were not hard prior to surgery because of pregnancy and breastfeeding actually helped soften the saline implants up. Now that I have silicon they still have not "dropped".it has been 11 months and as of today my PS advised that because I'm so active and fit the bottom chest muscle is very right and resisting the implant from falling. He stated he could perform surgery to cut/loosen the bottom chest muscle so that the implants will fall into place instead of being so high. What are your thoughts on that?

Hi Stephsramirez, I am no doctor but my initial thought is that they havent dropped all the way- my guess is because the doc did not dissect the pocket low enough. From what I know it is an easy fix and I would say you should have been fully dropped by now, so something is definitely holding it up! But again, I am not a doctor that is just my thought as to what has happened to you.
Hi there! Just curious, who did your surgery?

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Sorry to hear your breasts aren't dropping. If it were me, I think I might get another opinion before moving forward. Are there any consequences other than pain, to cutting the chest muscle? Keep researching and hopefully a good solution will present itself so you can feel better about your breasts.