Rhinoplasty Tomorrow! - Newmarket, ON

At seventeen years old, appearance is often a...

At seventeen years old, appearance is often a girl's top priority. This is not true for me, as I value intelligence and one's personality above all else. However, since I am currently in a situation that allows me the adequate funding to have this procedure done, I believe it is in my best interests to undergo rhinoplasty.

My nose was boken in grade four, resulting in a deviated septum and large bump on the bridge of my nose. It is something I have never been content with, not only due to the displeasing aesthetics but the breathing problems it causes me.

There are less than 24 hours now until I will have a new profile! The only downside is that I will miss a few days of school, and it will be blatantly obvious to my peers and teachers that I have had work done. But, as much of a cliche as I know it is, I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing it for me. If someone has crooked teeth, they get braces, right? It's not as if they can't chew food properly, they are simply unhappy with how their smile looks and they pay to have it corrected. Rhinoplasty is the exact same principle, but for some reason it's considered socially acceptable to be contemptuous of people who have undergone plastic surgery. I'll be attending the university I've been accepted to in 8 months, so I can deal with whatever judgement falls upon me until then.

Jan. 2nd: Had the surgery today! Recovery is not...

Jan. 2nd:
Had the surgery today! Recovery is not too bad so far, I'm about 14 hours post-op. Just a lot of bleeding, swelling, bruising and dizziness. Not much facial pain though. Waking up I initially felt like I got punched in the face; luckily morphine is a thing. ;) Got prescribed Tylenol 3s but haven't had to use them much. Feeling good about the results so far!

Posting some before and after pictures of my...

Posting some before and after pictures of my profile. Just got the cast off so it's still swollen.

Your new nose looks amazing. Whose the doctor that did your nose?
Hello! Your new nose is just beautiful - as are you! How did the students and teachers react at school? Did they notice anything? I think your new nose is soooo nice...
Looks great so far!:)
Wow what an absolutely gorgeous result....you must be so pleased. I agree with what you said initially about teeth and braces being ok, but a nose job isn't......I can't see the difference either. Your nose job will be envied if anything, and will be old news in no time at all. Getting it done early in your life is a very wise move. Well done!!

Thank you so much for sharing your journey so far! People will probably notice less than you think. They might just assume you got a haircut or lost a little weight without being able to pinpoint why you look so great.

I hope your healing continues to go well. Please keep us posted!

Well done. All the best for a smooth healing phase :)
Awww! Hang in there, and those bruises will be gone before you know it!!
Good luck with your surgery! You sound like a very level-headed young woman. I'm going to cross my fingers for you that you don't bruise, and that your swelling is not too noticeable, so that just maybe, your peers will think something is different but not know what. High school can be a real drag sometimes! Do you still have physical education in high school? You'll have to get out of it, right? And don't let any of those muscle-jocks swing their backpacks too close to you! Good luck again, and keep us posted!!!
Thank you for your comment! I had the surgery this morning , unfortunately I am quite swollen and bruised but I'm trying to ice as often as possible. Lucky PE is not mandatory past grade 9 for my school :)