Before You Get Braces As an Adult Read This - Newburgh, NY

I'm 56 and my bottom teeth were very crooked...

I'm 56 and my bottom teeth were very crooked and I'm cavity prone. The stinging comment is listening to the technicians tell me this was just a three year cosmetic exercise. I feel injured and conned.

The problem with aging with bad teeth is the back teeth are worn down and all those crowns are grounded down by the dentist to work with the ground down teeth. Fixing the aging bite really requires more expertise than this industry can reliably produce. Of course they aren't going to tell you that up front.

I had 4 teeth pulled and a bridge split to accommodate braces for 3 years. The gaps are still not closed. I think the main reason is the braces were never tighten. The first month my teeth were tightened my the orthodontist, after that the technicians handled everything. They would say, you teeth are going to hurt for a couple days. But they never did.

Now I have a difficult time getting food out of the gaps in my back teeth whenever I eat. Its embarrassing and annoying. I feel like this whole thing is a scam of dentists networking and recommending each other, while delegating a huge practice to underpaid technicians who cannot manage adult teeth.

My bottom teeth are less crooked but, they are still not straight. My teeth are chipped because my bite is not correct, and eating is more difficult. I don't think this orthodontist or the technicians who did the work ever thought it would be corrected.

This doctor does not give a reasonable explanation of his services or who will be preforming the service. The technicians mocked me when I asked how to take care of my teeth and told me they refuse to work on anyone who had dirty teeth. That was after I had paid $3k and felt trapped.