Great Experience, Wish I Could Have the Rest Out. - Newark, OH

I had a raised lipoma on the side of my arm. I...

I had a raised lipoma on the side of my arm. I finally got sick and tired of people asking about it so I talked my family Dr. into a referral. I had it removed and I am so happy I did, The scar is practically invisible. I have several more and don't understand why the Dr's think leaving them in is better than getting them the heck out. They drive me crazy.

I am extremely happy with my result. It has been 4 years and while my other lipomas have grown the one I had removed has no sign of coming back. The lipoma was sent for biopsy and came back clean (he even showed it to me, it looked like a wad of used white chewing gum). My only question about the procedure itself is why general anesthesia was necessary. The entire operation was under 20 minutes and I was told he just made a small incision and popped it out (his words not mine). I'm sure it involved more than that but it couldn't have been too much since it was just below the surface and like I said, only took 20 minutes. Anyway, I would rather have had a local. I don't like being knocked out.

If there is anything I wish I knew beforehand it is I wish I could have gotten more removed while my company insurance was still top notch and I had no copay. Now there will be significant cost to have these others out, IF I can talk a Dr. into getting rid of them.

I honestly don't know how much insurance covered at this point, but my cost was nothing above insurance.

The doctor should remove more than 1 in one sitting unless he just wants to paid per procedure... in-network payment to doc is not high. Local should do unless the lipoma is very big or very deep. I just had 9 taken out in one sitting with local!
its local anathesia plse not general iam happy it was discovered ealy
i have removed lipoma near the scupula on right side and iam progress well with local anasthysia its better to romove it at the early stage
Dr. Goodyear

Like I said above, my only disappointment was that I only got the one removed instead of more. This Dr. was recommended by my family Dr. and I think anyone who chooses Dr. Goodyear for this procedure will be pleased with the result.