Completely Happy with my Abdominoplasty (Young, Single Mother of Two Children)

I'm a young, single mother of two children. I went...

I'm a young, single mother of two children. I went from 110lbs pre-pregnancy, to 209lbs on delivery day with my first child due to Toxemia. I was about 130lbs before I found out I was pregnant with my second child. I gained 50lbs during that pregnancy. For the past two years, it seemed nearly impossible to get down any lower than 140lbs, and the extra skin was absolutely hideous.

My friends were very much against me getting abdominoplasty because of my age; however, I felt the exact opposite. I felt like my age was the sole reason why I should get one. My confidence was shot because my stomach looked absolutely horrible. So I went for my free consultation in the summer of 2009 and I was so impressed by all the information he gave me, than I scheduled my surgery right then and there. A month later, I went in for my surgery.

The pain medications made me very sick, and throwing up after having a tummy tuck is NO FUN AT ALL!!! The pain was bearable, but the medications made me sleep a lot, and whenever I missed a dose of medicine, even just by a half hour, I'd be in excrutiating pain. So I learned quickly not to skip a dose. I went back to work after 3 weeks. I dropped 2 pant sizes. And I gained soo much confidence.

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Ive had a pleasurable experience from the time I walked in his office door for my free consultation, to this very day when I still go to see him for post-op appointments to check my progress. His office staff is fantastic, and he is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met.

Thanks for posting your story... i am also a mother of two 7 and 3 and my family is totally against me getting a tummy tuck. i love myself but the extra skin after pregnancy lowers my condidence. good luck
DO it! I had a ton of Nay-sayers, especially because of my age. I thought I loved myself before my surgery... but afterwards, once I regained my confidence, I was FINALLY beyond happy with myself! You can't put a price tag on confidence!
Hey I'm a young, single mother (23) and one of my main concerns is financing. From what I've seen many tummy tuck patients seem to be married or much older. If you don't mind me asking, was financing with your doctor an issue for you? Also, I live relatively close to Delaware and would highly consider going to Dr. Jonathan...did you have the full tummy tuck and was that your total, final price? Thanks!
Sorry that I am seeing this comment so late. I am 23 myself, I was 21 when I had the surgery. I paid cash for my surgery... I waited until tax-time and used my refund to pay for it. I had not only the full tummy tuck (the scar wraps around my back), but muscle reconstruction, and bilateral liposuction. My total cost was under $5000. Saunders is an amazing doctor and very pleasant. Definitely worth checking out. The consult is free! Email me if you would like more details.

nicoledabrowski@yahoo.com

I am also in delaware and would very much like to use the DR you used. Can u please send me the info Thanks-Denise

I'm sorry I am just now seeing this post a year later. Would you still like the contact info? Please e-mail me. I would be happy to give you his information and some pointers!

nicoledabrowski@yahoo.com
I'm thinking about using this same doc and was wondering if you could post updated pics. Are you happy?
I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this post over a year later. It's been 2 1/2 years since my surgery and yes, I am VERY happy with the results. If you would still like some updated pics, I can shoot you some. Feel free to e-mail me at Nicoledabrowski@yahoo.com

I have since lost 40 pounds since my initial surgery, and wouldn't mind going back to Saunder's for some maintenance. I actually have an appointment with him today! Glad I was cleaning out my inbox and saw these comments, it's shocking to see that "Before" picture! I lost it and have been looking for it for a year!
Great result. Glad you are soooooo happy. Regards Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, MIAMI